-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Finally got a chance to take the MKII I bought about a month ago out today with a young fella from work that I like. Put 300 rds through it between the 2 of us. Real nice trigger on her. Need to adjust the rear sight a little bit back left. (The 3 shots to the left are me compensating trying to figure out how far sights are off). No problems at all.

Ran every one of the 7 Ruger mags I got with the gun. They all worked fine, even the stiff new ones.

Had a great BBQ lunch at The Pit before hitting the range. Life is good. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like those Mark II's a lot. should provide lots of fun for years and years.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was surprised how well it shot. It was part of a guys estate who passed and the family was selling everything, as is from my experience quite normal when someone passes suddenly.

Could have picked up a Chinese SKS with all matching numbers in good shape also, but I passed on that one.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have yet to meet a shooter that has bad things to say about one! Love mine too. Although, I'm not as good a shooter as you!

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Trust me. This gun is a lot better than I am! May pick up another one so I can get more trigger time.

The young fellas like to hog the hardware. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I had one of the slab sided comp-target models, can't remember ever having a malfunction. I'm sure is was way more accurate than what I could shoot it.

Great guns, you'll enjoy it.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave284
... the slab sided comp-target models, ...

Would like one of those too ... but the premium they attract isn't worth the extry coin IMHO .... could be wrong.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would say it depends on what you are doing with it and how you are going to use it and your ability. For my purposes, if I were to buy another (probably will at some point) I would likely buy a 5 1/2" bull barrel. Put a scope on it for squirrel and leave it off for fun and practice.

When I got that one I looked for a 5 1/2" for about two months. No dealers around here could get them at the time (early to mid 90's) and I had a p.o.s. Smith 2206 fresh back from the second warranty trip to the factory that I wanted to get rid of. The decision was easy and good.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have both the 7" slab side Competition and a 5 1/2" bull barrel, Mk III's in my case. Like all Ruger .22 pistols both are tack drivers.

The Competition model is nice and in a side by side comparison the longer sight radius gives a little more precision but the difference in grouping from offhand is really minor. Benchrest groups with good ammo are near identical with either one. But because of its size and portability the bull barrel model is the one that gets taken out most often.

That 5 1/2" bull barrel is really the finest combination of enough length for precise sighting, not too long for carrying, and just enough forward heft for stable aiming of all of their models. If any of them deserve a "classic" status that one would get my vote.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, I'm with you on the 5 1/2" bull barrel. It is by far my favorite setup. Nothing against the longer slab sides. Just not my cup of tea.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I love my stainless MKII target. They are excellent pistols. You got a good one...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another fan of the 5 1/2" bull barrel.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 3,174 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,263
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.