Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a wooden box full of hunting knives that I've bought, found, been gifted, but the one that gets used 99% of the time is my Buck 110. My best friends dad gave it to me about 15 years ago. I can sharpen it easy and it holds an edge to my standards. It has gutted, boned, skinned, and processed more deer, elk, bear, grouse, trout, and even one beef than I can remember.

I think I can here it calling now, "put me in some elk blood".

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Another vote for the Case Shark folders. I never paid much attention to them until a good friend gave me one about 30 years ago…lost it on a hunt last year and looked several times after…even with a metal detector… replaced it since but it's not the same.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by jwall
Okay - Made it home. Before lunch the wife and I stopped at W W and I looked at and took a couple of pics of knives.

[Linked Image]

This B 110 is now $28.00

$28 for a lifetime of service, can't beat it!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
On an impulse purchase (rarely have those), I picked up one of these yesterday at the local store to check out.
http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Edge-Razor-Lite-Knife/dp/B00P6LZHM4

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeHunter
Okay - Made it home. Before lunch the wife and I stopped at W W and I looked at and took a couple of pics of knives.

[Linked Image]
This B 110 is now $28.00

Ain't that the truth. What's not to like IF you can sharpen one. Some haven't learned how.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeHunter

[Linked Image]
This B 110 is now $28.00

Ain't that the truth. What's not to like IF you can sharpen one. Some haven't learned how.

Jerry

I am lucky not be sharpening challenged. I touched mine up this weekend wink

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I carry a 20 year old schrade sharpfinger. does everything from gutting to boning to skinning to caping.

Only used it on Whitetails here...Done 4 last year before I needed to touch it up. I call it "scary sharp"

Don't let the name fool Ya!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The Sharpfinger was great blade.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have several of them, all US made and 1095.

Amazing how a good fixed blade knife is NEVER a wrong choice - at least with people who actually hunt.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a Buck Selector with a drop point blade that I've used for years. It's orange handle has kept me from losing it while field dressing. I would like to find a clip point blade for it if anyone has one for sale

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Biggest waste of money I've ever spent is on custom knives. I probably couldn't find them if I tried as they are scattered all over the house. A few vicky parers and a havalon gets it done for me. I should probably trip the ingrams I have.

+1

Although Joel did the "16 Bore" just as I wanted and it's the only custom I've got. Good work and reasonable prices.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Dagburnit: 3 new BuckLites arrived today. 1 total POS, 1?, 1 WTF?

Should have stuck with the 673 at the top.

The larger black 679 came in a sheath that is the most uber-retarded damdest thing ever. I can't even begin to wonder WTF they were thinking in Idaho Falls? It's like a freaking taco! It's a gawdammed knife handle enveloping belt taco!

Most disappointing, the 484 small folder is already titz up, doesn't stay fully closed and doesn't lock solid! Didn't last an hour!

The 482 medium folder may work, "may" being the key word or may 'plode like the 484. Yah, it might be ok. Since I already cut the clip off, guess it's going to have to be.

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Used a Buck 110 for years. In the last 10 or so, I've been using Gerber Gators clip point non serrated. They've been great.

I have a couple knives with some of the harder steels and find them to be a double edge sword (pun intended). They are harder to sharpen but do stay sharp longer. I'm pretty content with 440 steel.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

pretty handy for deer.

the AUS8 blade is easy to keep sharp.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Biggest waste of money I've ever spent is on custom knives. I probably couldn't find them if I tried as they are scattered all over the house. A few vicky parers and a havalon gets it done for me. I should probably trip the ingrams I have.

put the ingrams on the classifieds, they'll go fast.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Knives are purely utility tools to me, and tend to be an item that I loose more often than I'd like. I don't have any worth more than $30, I don't think. In my hunting pack I carry a small hook knife with the replaceable double ended blades and 2 Mora's. The hook knife gets used for all initial skinning cuts. Its small enough to not puncture the guts but still get through the hide, and it unzips even elk and moose with ease. The Mora's have been great, really don't need more than 1 but they are cheap and light so an extra can be handy.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've used the two same Gerber's for almost twenty years. Both are Gators one is folding with 650 steel. The blade is hard and holds up to tough use, like cutting the ivory teeth out. The other is fixed blade with softer steel. That one can be sharpened enough to shave with and is used for skinning. Last year I used a Havalon folding replaceable blade knife on two elk and one buck mulie. The blade is as sharp as a surgical knife and it does a heck of a job. Just have to be extra careful not to cut your fingers off!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Buck of all Bucks, semi retired....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
The Buck of all Bucks, semi retired....

[Linked Image]

The Buck Titanium Folder model 186!!! When I was a 10 year old squirt, I coveted one awfully hard.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
On an impulse purchase (rarely have those), I picked up one of these yesterday at the local store to check out.
http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Edge-Razor-Lite-Knife/dp/B00P6LZHM4

Boned out a buck with it yesterday on top of a mountain. Wasn't too impressed. I'll do a few more and then really make up my mind. Didn't seem to stay sharp for very long.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,669
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.