Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I dont know about this "one." But I will say this, the history of paleontology and it's specimens, and missing links, has been rife with deceit, fraud, and one-up ism all of which was presented as Gospel to us in our high school years.

Hard to know what to believe.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'll be willing to bet Ingwe hunted with this guy waaay back in the day.

John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's an interesting topic. And it does look like those folks buried their dead. For spiritual reasons? Or just to discourage predators & scavengers from feeding on them?

I've yet to see people address genetic variability in ancient humans. When I was in college I had an anthropology course and spent a semester looking at replicas of old skulls. And I had an engineering classmate who had a neanderthal skull. He was a good student, too. If future scientists ever find his skull, they will be very confused smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was a child and TV was a new thing the last living "specimen" of an ethnic group was on the news. When she died it was something like the last caucasian dieing. She was 100% homosapien. What was found was a group of another ethnic group, nothing more.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
someone asked age, they arent sure, hard tto tell with the sediment but two possibilities one is 2.5ish million years old and the other is closer to half a million. more tests need to be done.

these various branches of the fanily tree arent a straight line one leading to another like some seem to think its more like a bush with often a number of species often living together going down their own paths. modern man has shared the planet with atleast 4 other species at one time most well known being Neandertal. but there were atleast three others at various times aswell while modern man has walked the earth such as Homo erectus, denisovans and the hobbits of Flores.....

and as has been pointed out, this was not an few isolated fossils it is a whole lot of material from individuals ranging from juvis to elderly. there is ALOT of material.....but does seem to show, as other species have hinted, walking upright came before most other human features. the foot bones of these guys other than having slightly longer toes is a remarkably modern human type of foot complete with high arch making them well suited for covering long distances walking upright.....but from the waist up its remarkably primitive in its traits....

Last edited by rattler; 09/10/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
It's an interesting topic. And it does look like those folks buried their dead. For spiritual reasons? Or just to discourage predators & scavengers from feeding on them?

I've yet to see people address genetic variability in ancient humans. When I was in college I had an anthropology course and spent a semester looking at replicas of old skulls. And I had an engineering classmate who had a neanderthal skull. He was a good student, too. If future scientists ever find his skull, they will be very confused smile

much more to a neandertals skull than heavy brow ridges wink

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I believe it. I saw this guy sitting on the sidewalk in front of a Quik Mart last week.

[Linked Image]

Definitely a Seahawks fan...

This is the direct descendant, photographed in the Seahawks locker room. whistle

[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I dont know about this "one." But I will say this, the history of paleontology and it's specimens, and missing links, has been rife with deceit, fraud, and one-up ism all of which was presented as Gospel to us in our high school years.

Yeah settled science....like Global Warming LOL!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sure looks like Moochelle

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly but if they said we found some ape bones reconstruct it and he would have made an ape

Since our physical bodies as we have 'em today put ourselves squarely in the same Family with the apes, doesn't matter what you call 'em.

Doesn't matter what color they were, doesn't matter how hairy they were or weren't.

What matters is the bones, especially from the waist down in this case.

And also, give thee people some credit, I don't believe there is any way they could fake an opposable thumb.

This is a frickin' huge find cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Fifteen bodies down a hole?

First thing I thought was that the roots of the Mob go way further back than we knew.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I think the only reason they'd want to discourage predators is for religious reasons. Otherwise, they could just drag the bodies off a distance and accomplish the same thing, that is, protect the abode.

I'm surprised they haven't carbon dated the bones. They should still be bone and not replaced with rock.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Finding human-like bones in a cave and links to prehistoric man is what keeps grant money flowing to scientists and their quest to prove a point. Their notion of early man is so strong, they spend their time looking for ways to qualify a theory rather than take data and draw conclusions from it.

Had these scientists discovered the human bones in a cave near Tsalvo, Africa, they would have come to the same burial conclusions and yet those early cave dwelling humanoids were female lions...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Finding human-like bones in a cave and links to prehistoric man is what keeps grant money flowing to scientists and their quest to prove a point. Their notion of early man is so strong, they spend their time looking for ways to qualify a theory rather than take data and draw conclusions from it.

Had these scientists discovered the human bones in a cave near Tsalvo, Africa, they would have come to the same burial conclusions and yet those early cave dwelling humanoids were female lions...

a lot of that i totally agree with. the Annunake (who?) who came here to mine gold used the early pre-humans as an important breeding stock source....from which the roots of the modern and post-modern human races were evolved and developed.

but mainstream science (and religion) is just not quite yet ready to bite the bullet on that one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rattler
they arent sure

For those with a busy schedule this Friday, this quote sums up all the links in the OP.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

There is a reason they are still looking for "The missing link"...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I fired a Tsalvo once....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
WOW ancient bones with some characteristics of a Monkey found in Africa. THis is life changing to say the least. Proves Liberals were descended from Monkeys. grin

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 09/10/15.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BarryC

I think the only reason they'd want to discourage predators is for religious reasons. Otherwise, they could just drag the bodies off a distance and accomplish the same thing, that is, protect the abode.

I'm surprised they haven't carbon dated the bones. They should still be bone and not replaced with rock.

From the article stand point, which is using the ceremonial burial angle to strengthen (even proof) it's find as being an early ancestral behavior, I just don't buy it.
Look at the map of the cave. It has one crevice that's no more than 10 inches high and the other is less than 8.

When someone has to do the "superman" crawl just to get through the larger 10" section, How are they gonna drag, push, pull or how ever a dead body into the back chamber?

Regardless of what kind of bones they end up claiming they are, I think critters of some kind are ultimately responsible for their location. That is IF the whole thing doesn't turn out to be a hoax in the end.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They did say in the article, there are no teeth marks on the bones, which would apparently rule out being a lion's den.

And there are apparently several dozen people involved in accessing & examining the bones, which would make it that much harder to run a hoax. Not impossible, but seems much less likely.

It's possible, too, that a group of the Naledis got caught in the cave by a flood or some other accident, or maybe they were driven there by predators. So it wasn't a burial.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6MMWASP, 338Rules, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 12 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,656
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.