Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Up until this week, all kids needed was a USA passport, or a notarized
" original" birth certificate

However I had clients with trouble this week. Parents with 16 and 17 year old kids that had passports. They did not have birth certificates. RSA requires the Birth certificates AND passports now. Delta would not let them board the flight in Atlanta

Odd to me that this did not come up in Portland when they departed with a known flight to RSA, checking bags all the way through? However in Atlanta they were told the kids cannot board the flight at the gate!

The parents scrambled to get Birth certificates over night from the county courthouse in Wa state. They were able to leave the next day and resume the trip. This however is not the norm. Odd that the courthouse would make the effort to overnight original copies and send them based on a phone call only? Also odd that the flight would have space available the next day.

This was a massive screw up because RSA now requires this birth certificate AND a passport. Up until now a passport was 100% all that is needed. I have had several kids travel to RSA with parents this years and they were only required to have the passport. Not a single one had to have a Birth Certificate as well.

Just be warned that these things change frequently. This family made it work at the airport and lost one day, however we are trying to add a day and change the tickets now. Still not sure about that outcome.

In the USA you must have a birth certificate to get the passport for a kid, it's pretty simple. This is an RSA requirement, not the USA requirement.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Everyone should know too, that British Airways will NOT allow firearms to be checked onto their airplanes.

In J-Burg last month we had to cancel a BA flight to Windhoek and purchase two tickets on South African Airlines.

So far, BA will not offer a refund!

Just sayin'

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good info. As I wouldn't have known I took my daughter with passport only.

Scott

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,154
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.