isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Now Carl Icahn is endorsing Donald Trump

Breitbart
Tom Huddleston, Jr.

The activist investor is totally on board despite once balking at Trump’s mention of him as a potential Treasury Secretary.

It took a few months, but Carl Icahn is now backing Donald Trump’s presidential bid.

The activist investor is set to publicly endorse his fellow billionaire’s campaign to ascend to the nation’s highest office. Bloomberg reports that Icahn — who supports Trump’s stances on overhauling taxation and immigration policies, as well as raising interest rates — officially announced his support for the billionaire real estate mogul and reality television star in an interview that will be published in full Tuesday.

In June, Icahn publicly balked at Trump’s suggestion of him as a potential Treasury Secretary (along with Henry Kravis and Jack Welch). At the time, Icahn said he was “extremely surprised” by Trump’s candidacy and at the mention of his own name for a cabinet position, saying that he was “flattered” but not interested. Then, last month, Icahn did an about face following the first Republican primary debate, announcing in a series of tweets that he would accept Trump’s offer of the Treasury Secretary post and adding that “we are in dire need of a breath of fresh air” when it comes to corporate leaders and elected officials.

Icahn, who had previously applauded Trump for advocating for an interest rate hike, reportedly told Bloomberg over the phone:

“I would say it’s an endorsement. I think at this moment in time, he’s the only candidate that speaks out about the country’s problems. I’m behind Trump. I disagree on certain points I don’t want to get into, I’m sure those can be worked out, but the basic thing is, you need somebody that can get things going in Congress, and I think he can do it. You need somebody that understands business, and I think he understands it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Norquist, as well.

It really took some balls for Trump to lay out his tax plan this early in the race.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
CNN and Ben Stein was trashing it

Stein - "Water on Mars is more likely to add jobs than Trumps tax plan"

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can count on every talking head being against it.
The media and GOP are in desperation mode and will do or say anything to try to bring Trump down.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by KFWA

That's even more powerful a statement in Trump's favor than RobJordan being against it. laugh

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

NASA is reporting the water is there................

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone here really think Trump would be a good representative of this country?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
trump's tax plan sounds pretty good under the current conditions in which we find ourselves.

at the minimum he is forcing the other contenders to up the ante. that is, can they offer something better, more popular, and more likely to be adopted by the demo-publican consortium?

while we all wish for Utopia, trump can only start us on the path, others who follow him will have to get us further down the road.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If the metric for measuring is something that might actually generate wide spread support and actually get done, Trump's plan is a masterpiece.

By offering a zero rate on lower income people, he knocks out a major Demo attack point. On the other hand, the other rates are lower than what we have now and should be good for the rest.

People with that low of income don't actually pay taxes now anyway. They tend to get everything back and more with earned income tax credits, but actually saying that the pay zero will resonate with them better than saying, "Well, we'll give it back to you and more at a later date."

If he is elected, it is hard to imagine that his plan, or something very close to it does not pass Congress.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I haven't read the plan yet. I've only heard little blips on the radio, so I'm not sure, but I'm a little surprised at Ben Stein. I generally like to listen to him and always thought he was pretty conservative.

From what I've heard, anything is better that what we have now.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edge-fund-managers/ar-AAeT26W?li=AAa0dzB

Even if it's only half true, Trump has a lot of explaining to do on his tax plan as the math simply doesn't add up. You can't cut taxes in the manner he proposes without significant spending cuts and to say you can cover it with one time taxes on this or that as he does is ludicrous.

As much as I don't like any of them, Trump's "plan" should give any of the others enough leverage to make him look like the imbecile he is, not the shrewd billionaire he claims to be when it comes to how the govt. actually works...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
there is a definite risk to Trump's plan

He expects so many people working and the economy booming that tax revenue will increase from workers/business to cover the tax cuts.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pal
Does anyone here really think Trump would be a good representative of this country?

As opposed to Obama?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by bobhanson1

As much as I don't like any of them, Trump's "plan" should give any of the others enough leverage to make him look like the imbecile he is, not the shrewd billionaire he claims to be when it comes to how the govt. actually works...

Well thats kinda what his campaign is based on.How the govt isnt actually working..So why should he give a rip what the insiders say. Been working OK for him so far.

Last edited by rosco1; 09/28/15.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Decrease taxes on citizens, which increases spending power, which creates production and profit, increasing jobs, which increases taxpayer base, which increases treasury... decrease corporate taxes which increase productivity and profit, which well you know... more money for all... increase import taxes which adds to treasury, removes incentives to offshore products, which creates more jobs and taxpayers and money and... and...

...Trump is a buffoon with no idea how to move money...

Kent

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
there is a definite risk to Trump's plan

He expects so many people working and the economy booming that tax revenue will increase from workers/business to cover the tax cuts.

4 percent growth in GPN would more than pay for this tax plan. But I still want to hear more about spending cuts.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
the govt. actually works...

Dumbest phrase of the thread... Maybe of the day...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by efw
the govt. actually works...

Dumbest phrase of the thread... Maybe of the day...

Why, too many words for you? Running up trillions in debt to give everyone a tax cut to create GDP sounds awfully like trickle down economics since the rich would get 90% of the benefit of Trump's proposed tax cuts. For govt to work we need to take in more than we spend to pay off our debts, something you clearly cannot comprehend...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob
If the metric for measuring is something that might actually generate wide spread support and actually get done, Trump's plan is a masterpiece.

By offering a zero rate on lower income people, he knocks out a major Demo attack point. On the other hand, the other rates are lower than what we have now and should be good for the rest.

People with that low of income don't actually pay taxes now anyway. They tend to get everything back and more with earned income tax credits, but actually saying that the pay zero will resonate with them better than saying, "Well, we'll give it back to you and more at a later date."

If he is elected, it is hard to imagine that his plan, or something very close to it does not pass Congress.

I agree. The zero rate is rather clever. He's not cutting taxes for folks at 50k and under for a family, he's just rephrasing it.There are a ton of people who will qualify for the zero rate. Probably most folks don't even realize that they aren't paying federal income tax right now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I agree. The zero rate is rather clever. He's not cutting taxes for folks at 50k and under for a family, he's just rephrasing it.There are a ton of people who will qualify for the zero rate. Probably most folks don't even realize that they aren't paying federal income tax right now.

Which is basically playing the Dem game with their own techniques....

FREE CHIT FOR EVERYONE!

Me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 257man, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.