Not sure I follow you Teal.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by JoeBob
If the metric for measuring is something that might actually generate wide spread support and actually get done, Trump's plan is a masterpiece.

By offering a zero rate on lower income people, he knocks out a major Demo attack point. On the other hand, the other rates are lower than what we have now and should be good for the rest.

People with that low of income don't actually pay taxes now anyway. They tend to get everything back and more with earned income tax credits, but actually saying that the pay zero will resonate with them better than saying, "Well, we'll give it back to you and more at a later date."

If he is elected, it is hard to imagine that his plan, or something very close to it does not pass Congress.

I agree. The zero rate is rather clever. He's not cutting taxes for folks at 50k and under for a family, he's just rephrasing it.There are a ton of people who will qualify for the zero rate. Probably most folks don't even realize that they aren't paying federal income tax right now.

Which is basically playing the Dem game with their own techniques....

FREE CHIT FOR EVERYONE!

And costing us several trillion dollars in the process all on the gamble that we can make it back via improved GDP...sounds like more hope and change to me...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
costing "us"? It's our friggin money.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not sure I follow you Teal.

Dems make all kinds of promises - mostly about how everyone's getting free stuff. It's how they get elected.

Trump - as you stated was promising a 0 tax rate to those that don't realize that they already are effectively at 0%. All they hear is ZERO (or in the dem's case - free chit!) without realizing it's nothing they don't already have in Trumps case or where it comes from in the Dem's case.

Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pal
Does anyone here really think Trump would be a good representative of this country?

Its fitting someone from "so cal" would ask this.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Costing us in that without spending cuts Trump's proposal runs trillions in budget deficits... Read what he's actually suggesting in terms of cuts and then explain how one-time taxes and no spending decreases pay for it. They don't and it's just more smoke and mirrors from him saying whatever he can to get elected. Tax cuts are great only if we're not running up deficits, a problem for the last 2 administrations...

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I disagree on one point, I believe everyone should be taxed and by doing so, everyone takes ownership. High school kids making minimum wage, single mothers supporting kids, everyone gets taxed some amount.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobhanson1

Costing us in that without spending cuts Trump's proposal runs trillions in budget deficits... Read what he's actually suggesting in terms of cuts and then explain how one-time taxes and no spending decreases pay for it. They don't and it's just more smoke and mirrors from him saying whatever he can to get elected. Tax cuts are great only if we're not running up deficits, a problem for the last 2 administrations...

If you actually look at the real accounting, we've been running a deficit for four decades, minimum. Boomers are the biggest loss this nation will ever face, and likely won't survive.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edge-fund-managers/ar-AAeT26W?li=AAa0dzB

Even if it's only half true, Trump has a lot of explaining to do on his tax plan as the math simply doesn't add up. You can't cut taxes in the manner he proposes without significant spending cuts and to say you can cover it with one time taxes on this or that as he does is ludicrous.

As much as I don't like any of them, Trump's "plan" should give any of the others enough leverage to make him look like the imbecile he is, not the shrewd billionaire he claims to be when it comes to how the govt. actually works...

Trumps plan makes a lot more sense than the endless raising of the debt ceiling and the overall kicking the can mentality. Significant spending cuts are undoubtedly a part of the Trump campaign-something that is long overdue.
We can no longer let business as usual continue.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by pal
Does anyone here really think Trump would be a good representative of this country?

That's a good question. I'm not anti-Trump but don't believe he's POTUS material.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Its clear you've already ruled out Trump. You are assuming there will be no spending cuts which is inaccurate. So, who is your candidate?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Really, not a word of spending cuts is in his plan and as such future increases in the debt ceiling are guaranteed. If he wanted to cut spending he needed to say so and exactly where as the way his proposal reads it's nothing but magic whereby everyone gets to keep more of their money with no repercussions which isn't possible...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Its clear you've already ruled out Trump. You are assuming there will be no spending cuts which is inaccurate. So, who is your candidate?

I haven't decided, but Trump is at the bottom of my list until he can do basic math and say more substantial things than he's great and the others suck, as they all suck in many ways...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ANY mention of cuts is a bad deal for running.

I don't remember Obama talking about cramming down O-care the way he did while running...

The idea is get elected - THEN implement the plan. It's a sales pitch and anyone who believes that the others aren't pitching themselves is a damned fool.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by pal

As opposed to Obama?

He isn't running against Obama this time. crazy

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Really, not a word of spending cuts is in his plan and as such future increases in the debt ceiling are guaranteed. If he wanted to cut spending he needed to say so and exactly where as the way his proposal reads it's nothing but magic whereby everyone gets to keep more of their money with no repercussions which isn't possible...

Why would he discuss spending cuts when discussing his tax code plan?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I haven't decided, but Trump is at the bottom of my list until he can do basic math and say more substantial things than he's great and the others suck, as they all suck in many ways...

math...

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/...ised-Trade-Agreements-Deep-Spending-Cuts

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Because telling everyone they're getting tax cuts only to then tell them they have to pay more for x, y, and z because of spending cuts is just more crooked logic on the part of Trump, much like his border wall saving millions while costing billions... If he said not only am I going to cut taxes, but I'm also going to cut spending as we're wasting money I'd have nothing but respect for the guy finally being honest, but instead he continues to just say what low information voters want to hear...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by krp

math...

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/...ised-Trade-Agreements-Deep-Spending-Cuts

Directly from your "source":

"Precisely how Trump would offset or pay for billions of dollars in tax relief he is promising without raising the deficit was not immediately clear. He said he would do it in part by eliminating the “carried interest” provision that allows managers of hedge funds and private equity firms to pay a much lower rate on their profits than ordinary Americans pay on their income, and by eliminating scores of other loopholes and deductions."

He's very detailed about cutting taxes, but extremely vague about how those spending cuts would offset his tax decreases... Try again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Because telling everyone they're getting tax cuts only to then tell them they have to pay more for x, y, and z because of spending cuts is just more crooked logic on the part of Trump, much like his border wall saving millions while costing billions... If he said not only am I going to cut taxes, but I'm also going to cut spending as we're wasting money I'd have nothing but respect for the guy finally being honest, but instead he continues to just say what low information voters want to hear...

Read the article - he does say that.

Me

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 75 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,617
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.