Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
his mother being a nurse, I wouldn't be surprised if she was working at the only hospital in Roseburg, Mercy Medical Center....

ya gotta feel for the woman...moved to a smaller town to escape California....

now she loses her son.... along with him pulling this as a stunt beforehand...

I'll bet dollars to donuts, that her son planned on committing suicide, and decided to go out with his name in lights by pulling this killing spree.. so he could be a hero to other recluse losers from the web sites he participated in...his actions are being applauded by some of these clowns...my son has shown me as he is familiar with some of these sites...

the big thing for the folks of Roseburg and those of us living in rural southern Oregon, is acceptance of something like this happened here....we are use to reading headlines...not being headlines...

I feel no pity for her son, but I do feel for his mother right now...

Seafire,

I hope your son is still getting through all this as best he can, you and your neighbors also.

I fully understand your statement that I highlighted. A few years back my wife had an opportunity for a position in Roseburg, turned out she had just accepted another job. I was stunned when I heard of the recent events there as it is one of the last places in Oregon I would have thought for something like this to occur.

My wish is that the southern OR communities have a speedy and peaceful recovery from this tragedy. You folks don't deserve it, but the again, who does.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by joken2

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mom-ore-shooter-stockpiled-guns-article-1.2384460

The mother of the Oregon mass murderer stockpiled firearms because she feared stricter gun laws — and shopped around for a shooting range that would let her and her son fire away without supervision, the Daily News has learned. Laurel Harper, a nurse who shared an apartment with her son Chris Harper Mercer, spoke openly about her love of guns, said the mother of one of her patients. "She said she had multiple guns and believed wholeheartedly in the Second Amendment and wanted to get all the guns she could before someone outlawed them,"

Shelly Steele, who hired Harper to provide care for her sickly teenage son, told The News in an exclusive interview Saturday. "My husband is an avid hunter and former military, so she would talk to him about it all the time, how she liked to take her son shooting," Steele said. Harper told Steele she tried a shooting range close to the Umpqua Community College campus but didn’t like it “because it wasn’t very private.” “You needed to have a range master with you, and she didn't like anyone watching,” said Steele, who lives in Winston, Oregon. “She wanted more privacy.”

So Harper found a better match in a gun club in Myrtle Creek, Steele said. "He liked to do it with her," she said, referring to Chris. "She told my husband she just purchased some new guns a few weeks ago and took him shooting. I thought the whole situation was very strange. If you know your son has mental health issues, do you encourage a fascination with guns?" - See more at: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-article-1.2384460#sthash.35aKuiET.dpuf

Is that the Sandy Hook mom?

Mom's by themselves aren't equipped to handle boys/men.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A$$hole shooter didn't do the one thing that could have provided even a small benefit to the situation.

He didn't off his family first.

If that happened often enough, the enablers just might try an intervention.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
CNN has been manipulating this story from the get go..

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...dia-profile-shaped-modified-and-deleted/

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-home-bloody-rampage-left-nine-dead.html

Outside his home in Tarzana, California, Thursday night, Mercer's British father, Ian Mercer, faced a barrage of questions from reporters, which he declined to answer.

A dejected Mr Mercer issued a brief statement, saying: 'It's been a devastating day, devastating for me and my family.'

He refused to talk about the tragedy and his son’s role in it, only adding: 'Shocked, shocked is all I can say,' before retreating back into the house.

... investigators found seven weapons at Mercer's home overnight, as well as six at the school - more than previously thought and all owned legally. He also wore a flak jacket.

This included a 9mm Glock pistol and a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson, which were both traced back to the shooter.

He also had a .40-caliber Taurus pistol listed as being owned by someone in Portland and a .556-caliber Del-Ton, as well as five more ammo magazines, according to an official firearms report.

Police found a shotgun, four rifles and two pistols at Mercer's apartment.

Mercer was carrying a flak jacket containing steel plates, as well as five additional magazines of ammunition when he was confronted at the school, Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ampage-left-nine-dead.html#ixzz3nbuK2sEn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Medical examiner listed official cause of death as suicide

The mother is a registered nurse, I doubt there is In issues with her

Kid was fuggin whack job plain and simple

Acted like every one of these shooters who gets confronted by someone else with a gun...they off themselves

Suicide is not a cause of death...its a manner.
A medical cause is lack of oxygen to the brain.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Nrut
CNN has been manipulating this story from the get go..

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...dia-profile-shaped-modified-and-deleted/
Wow!

CNN altered picture of the shooter on right. Real picture on left.

[Linked Image]

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks again joken2,

My searches had turned those up, but no real mention of Mom in them.

I still haven't seen any news as to where she is. Hopefully safe.

Geno

PS, my condolences to Mr Mercer.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Condolences and prayers also for both parents - sounds like a "bad seed"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The thing about having a dead shooter is that there is no trial.

They don't have to "prove" anything. The story can be whatever they want it to be.

Funny how the FBI & BATF were Johnny on the spot, where they had no jurisdiction. Murder is a state crime.

BATF would be called to trace all the weapons and search for explosives.

The online postings made that portion the FBI's jusrisdiction.

Not everything is a Govt conspiracy

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the mother is culpable, the kid graduated from a special needs school and she knew he had a borderline personality, under the "reasonable person" judgement the last thing you want in a mental case person's hands is a gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They guy was 26 years old, no one is responsibility for his actions except he himself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She knew the kid was touched. I'm having trouble not seeing culpability.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the mother is culpable, the kid graduated from a special needs school and she knew he had a borderline personality, under the "reasonable person" judgement the last thing you want in a mental case person's hands is a gun.

A "reasonable person" wouldn't make those assumptions without knowing precisely what his "special need" happened to be.

If you want to start banning guns for anyone who has ever once acted like a "mental case" or has a "borderline personality", that would cover very many here.

He had never been involuntarily committed, nor convicted of any crimes.

Why try to blame anyone other than the shooter himself, when we know he simply freaked out?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 280shooter
No legal culpability unless she was a co-conspirator or an aider and abettor. He was an adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blaming the mother?

If the boy was your son, what would you have done to have prevented this?

Lots of answers perhaps, but no one can truly say, nor do wee know what steps she had taken.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The thing about having a dead shooter is that there is no trial.

They don't have to "prove" anything. The story can be whatever they want it to be.

Funny how the FBI & BATF were Johnny on the spot, where they had no jurisdiction. Murder is a state crime.

BATF would be called to trace all the weapons and search for explosives.

The online postings made that portion the FBI's jusrisdiction.

Not everything is a Govt conspiracy

You sound more and more like an Obama liberal everyday.

http://www.oregon.gov/osp/CID/pages/index.aspx

BATF & the FBI didn't have to show up. The Oregon State Police have investigative units that are more than up to the task. Bomb sweeping too.

http://www.oregon.gov/osp/AES/Pages/index.aspx

More dependency on Uncle Bammy to save us all....

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
They guy was 26 years old, no one is responsibility for his actions except he himself.

So you have a brother that is a 26 year old emotional retard that keeps talking about killing himself. Your first move is to gift him a gun for his birthday.

Adam Lanza's mother knew Adam was a full on emotional retard and did the same thing, of course she did not live to regret it.

The mother is culpable, and we will see a civil suit against her at the very least.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No legal culpability unless she was a co-conspirator or an aider and abettor. He was an adult.

She knew, yet she fed into it. Legal or not, she was wrong.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

She knew, yet she fed into it. Legal or not, she was wrong.
Arguably.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,016
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.