Print Thread
Hop To
A
Amax Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
37 gr. Varget behind a 95 gr. ct ballistic silvertip. Looks to be a little over half inch for five shots. Im gonna use this load out to 500 yds, and my 300 wsm for the long range stuff.

John M
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k108/amax_01/october2006040.jpg

If I give an opinion on it, I have used or owned it.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not bad, but you have a small problem there. The double group, I'd bet if you took the time to tweak the load a bit more, maybe testing primers or seating depth(if possible) it might find a sweet spot thats even better. That thing shows good promise though.

BTW how does it shoot at 500?

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Nice! What's your velocity with that load?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Amax Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Jeff I dont know if it matters shooting a scope, but it was partly cloudy and the 3shot cluster was shot on overcast, and the two high shots were both bright sunshine. I have experienced this with service rifle in highpower, but didnt know if it did this with a scope or not.

John M.

p.s. My batteries were dead in my chrony, which I didnt discover until I had everything set up.

A
Amax Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I hope to find out about 500 this weekend if possible.

John M.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
double group could be a simple change of hold during the group.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Amen to that scenario with iron sights! BTDT and took years to learn how to not do it with the service rifle!

Could be any number of things, but if you produce that kind of group again and again, I'd keep looking if you have time, I'd really swap out primers first if it keeps showing that. They can make a "huge" difference in reducing that group, not that the group is anywhere near bad, just that you are so close to a bughole load for the AR, would seem a shame not to chase it.

Let me ad that due to time you may not have time to do it. I have a 6mm WOA same thing, first load was .5 moa with 85 tsx and you can't get a better bullet for my round performance wise, and I've never had time to tweak it further. And it works super on deer as it is.... Still....

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those were wlr primers Jeff, do you have a favorite as for as consistency goes?

John M.

A
Amax Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Those were wlr primers Jeff. Do you have a favorite primer, as for as consistency goes?

John M.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Had to look at the powder real quick. Varget has always done best for me with CCI BR primers.

I've found different powders and case capacities demand different primers.

But in a same cartridge, IE 223, with Varget many folks have found the CCI BR the best, RL15 wants WW- R7.5 not far behind, N540 wants CCI 450 or M41(just examples and may not pan out for the 243....)

Give the CCI a go and see if they change anything.

Jeff

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 896 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.