Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Who would have thought???

Even tho 175 miles away, the liberals in Potland aren't letting a tragedy go to waste either.... to get their names in the headlines over the opportunity presenting itself once again...

The Portland Public Schools Board of Education is asking state lawmakers to enhance gun control following the fatal mass shooting at a community college Oct. 1.

The board unanimously passed a resolution Monday night encouraging district administrators and state lawmakers to take steps to reduce gun violence. The statement comes days after a gunman opened fire during a writing class at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, killing nine and wounding several before shooting himself.

"Our hearts and condolences go out to the people of Roseburg," the resolution reads. "We can't begin to understand the heartache they are experiencing and so we send uplifting thoughts and prayers in the hope that as time passes, their hearts and community will begin to heal."

Board member Mike Rosen brought forward the resolution. He said joined the National Rifle Association on Saturday with the idea of promoting gun control as a member.

Rosen said the resolution is a way to show solidarity with the Roseburg community, talk about what services the district can provide to reduce violence and support lawmakers working for change. Watch the video to hear Rosen read recitals aloud.

In the resolution the district recognizes recent legislation around background checks but said there is still work to be done.

"In Oregon that does not mean banning an individual's use of firearms," the resolution states."It means insisting that all state elected officials work even harder to fill the enormous gaps in our laws allowing easy access to firearms."

The resolution states that the district will support services that educate children about gun safety, keep guns off school property and increase access to mental health and counseling services.

The district also asks Oregon lawmakers to pass laws to require permits for all handgun owners, restrict concealed carry permits, stop the sale of semi-automatic weapons and enact a 14-day waiting period for legal gun purchases.

Additionally, the resolution asks Governor Kate Brown to launch a campaign to reduce gun violence and improve mental health care.

The shooting has ignited debates about gun control in Oregon and nationwide. On Thursday, President Barack Obama spoke to the nation about the need for nationwide gun law reforms. In Roseburg, Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin is facing criticism from a gun-control group for his views on gun rights.

some of the following comments were almost hilarious...

one I noticed tho, was typical liberal leftist community crap...

" why is Portland worried about and putting school shootings on the news, and yet never reports the 10 plus school shootings in Portland that happen every month?"

that's an easy answer... same reason Chicago doesn't like those facts to get out there either...involves minorities, and it would show all of their gun control laws aren't working..

GB1

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
typical Potland... telling the rest of us what we all need to do, while ignoring or denying the extent of the problem in their own backyard, and also being blind to the fact that all their big city gun control laws aren't working... just like Chicago

GFY Potland! and all of your flaming liberals....

S.O.B.s

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
stop the sale of semi-automatic weapons

So, are they going to remove the 2nd Amendment or strike down Heller vs DC for that one?

You know, for a bunch of people who paid a LOT of money to colleges for an education, there's a lot of very stupid people on the left.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dumbazz's "gun free" is not the answer.

On May 15, 1974, three Palestinian terrorists killed 25 people including 22 Israeli children in Ma’alot. They had taken 115 people hostage in Netiv Meir Elementary School. Even though Israel is a smaller, more-close knit country, we are today, where they were then. They had the same resolve to take meaningful action as President Obama, and they carried through with it.

They decided that it made no sense to have armed people to protect money, but no one to protect their children. They realized the only reliable way to stop an evil person with a gun, was to have a good person with a gun on scene and ready to take action to stop the killing quickly. Such protection does not come cheaply, and like it or not, money is a factor in everything, including our children’s safety.

Today all Israeli children are protected by at least one armed person. In every school, on every school bus, at school functions and field trips. Parents and teachers are trained and armed. They volunteer to protect their children because they love them. They made a conscious decision that killing them would never again be made so easy. Last week, a total of zero children died in school shootings in Israel

[Linked Image]

Link

IIRC, no mass school shooting in Israel since 1974.
The answer has been there for the world to see 40 years now.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

IIRC, no mass school shooting in Israel since 1974.
The answer has been there for the world to see 40 years now.

That would confuse liberals with reality and real world facts...

they are not programmed to mentally know how to process that sort of stuff...

its all Disneyland for them....

remember Mommy and Daddy told them that "they would change the world..."....like they are special and actually matter in the scope of things...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seafire where did you come from before oregon 20 years ago? Surely you know by now that your local is quite literally has been pot central for a looong time, so calling portland "potland" when you are from GP doesn't make a lot of sense...

Sean
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
School districts have no power to ban guns from schools, CHL holders can still carry. Unless the state legislature changes the law. And if they do that's in part due to elections outside of portland last year. The rest of the state needs to vote conservative, and there are a lot of small towns electing libtards.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty obvious isn't it?

Governor's race results 2014

[Linked Image]

Link

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Point is, you we aren't going to change how portland votes. Same as any big west coast city. A few key seats lost last year (besty close for one) outside of portland paved the way for universal background checks, and who knows what they will dream up now.

Sean
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a buddy that would call that jerking off into a sock.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sean,

I refer to Portland and Potland, because of all the stupid laws that are passed up there... my favorite example being you can be fined for not wearing a bicycle helmet, yet it is perfectly alright to ride around stark naked...

and sure, there is a lot of dope grown around here... but the fact of it is, most is not distributed down here... it goes down to our neighbor to the south...too much so for local authorities to handle... small town and all... but they certainly know when it moves and they notify sources down I 5 that is it coming their way and let them deal with it...not much is sold locally as they can make much more money down in the land of fruits and nuts...

you also assume, that when we criticize Portland/Potland, we are calling ALL people who live there all the derogatory names.... we aren't that short sighted...they are decent folks up your way, the same way there are kooks down our way... after all, we are closer to CA than you guys are...

many cross the state line and stay here to be close still to mommy daddy and/or grandchildren etc...

There are fine people in Portland the same way there are some real clods down here...

sadly tho, with the number of folks up your way, and how they vote wacko all the time.. the rest of us around the entire state have to live with what they come up with...

and yeah, pre 1980, ALL of Oregon was pretty conservative, but that changed, just like Western Washington, with the great California Migrations...

as far as where I came from before here...well first off I am not a California Transplant....

I came here from Minnesota, the Twin Cities... lived there 15 years due to marrying someone from there...I came there from Seattle, as that is where I was living when I got out of the service after being stationed at Madigan AMC on Ft Lewis...in 1977 and 78...

I grew up as military dependent...but definitely had a home state, and that was Virginia... family roots in SW VA and Southern WVa...Die hard Southerner.. even if my college degree is from Massachusetts....grew up predominantly around Washington DC, Virginia side of the river thank you very much.....lived in England 3 years in my youth, from Age 11 to 14...

so that is where I was before I came here...

Picked Oregon, because it was like WA State WAS when I was in the military... picked down here, as I use to travel up and down I 5 while in the service, being in a relationship with a gal from San Jose...and the Rogue Valley use to be gas stop # 2 on the way down from Tacoma/Ft Lewis...

I liked the area back then so in my early 40s, I decided here would be where I'd plant to raise a son that was born back in Minnesota.. where my wife is from..

so that's my story, short version of it...

so if I insulted you or anyone else who is a decent guy from the northern I 5 Oregon area, my apologies...not intentional...

for the leftist wackos up there who screw the rest of us over statewide... well my words to them, aren't real nice...

the example you used of background checks... well for right now, I live in one of the state's 22 or of 33 counties where our Sheriff's have refused to enforce that law... due to the difficulty of it, the lack of manpower and budget, plus they have no intent on wanting to violate our 2nd amendment rights...

if it ever came to pass, that each county's major vote was ONE equal vote with each of the other counties...Multnomah and the other 10 counties that pull blue levers, are going to be screwed...and the rest of us will get our state back..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
stop the sale of semi-automatic weapons

So, are they going to remove the 2nd Amendment or strike down Heller vs DC for that one?

You know, for a bunch of people who paid a LOT of money to colleges for an education, there's a lot of very stupid people on the left.
That's because they're educated by flaming leftists - so the result is perfectly understandable..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Seafire
Sean,

I refer to Portland and Potland, because of all the stupid laws that are passed up there... my favorite example being you can be fined for not wearing a bicycle helmet, yet it is perfectly alright to ride around stark naked....
Seriously??

Wow.. I visited Portland many times in the late '60s and it was a wonderful city with absolutely great people. To hear how screwed up it is now is disappointing, to say the least..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The map tells it all. Most anywhere you go in Oregon you find real good folks, like the ones in Roseburg telling Obama they don't want him there. It's just that portion of the state I refer to as the "nutsack" of Oregon- Eugene, Salem, Portland that cause us all so much grief.

Every state has 'em, whackos, big college towns breed 'em. Idealistic and unrealistic mono-thinkers that cling to whatever mantra gets them attention at their yoga class. Granola's a dietary mandate in Northern Oregon.

Couple that with Oregon having a nice climate for living in a school bus and growing pot, we get more than our fair share.

LOL

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 19 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,810
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.