Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
With aggressive action now including surface to air cruises missiles and violations of Turkey air space, Putin is on the march. Did US intel blow it?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...er-russia-in-syria-as-nato/?intcmp=hpbt1

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, given the best source of intelligence for determining countries intent is SIGINT and Putin is housing the traitor Snowden who happily gave up a significant amount of the US SIGINT capability put the picture together.

It boggles the mind that many people here think he's a hero. He can rot in Russia the rest of his life or Leavenworth or just as happily catch a .22 in the left ear. I don't care but don't think his treason isn't without effect.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
US and intelligence shouldn't be used in the same breath in this day and age.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
misread? No. Enable and be in cahoots with? More likely. Both Putin and obama want America to fail.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Don't confuse Intelligence Production with the use of Intelligence. The best Intel in the world can be misused by the clowns in charge.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pugs
Don't confuse Intelligence Production with the use of Intelligence. The best Intel in the world can be misused buy the clowns in charge.

This.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Don't confuse Intelligence Production with the use of Intelligence. The best Intel in the world can be misused by the clowns in charge.
that was my point.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know about the intelligence side of things, but firing cruise missiles across Turkey, a NATO member, seems like a place to draw a line in the sand. Putin has proven that he is capable of being the 21st Century's version of Adolf Hitler, in that if you don't stand up to his offenses early, you're likely to pay a bigger price later, 'cause he is embolden every time he gets away with bad behavior. When it comes to leadership under pressure, Obama is much more like Neville Chamberlain than Winston Churchill.

However, the map that I've seen shows a flight path for those cruise missiles crossing Irag, not Turkey. Is it possible that this is damage control or that the reports of them crossing Turkey were just wrong?

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
He is saving us a bunch of money and men. Let him have at it with those schitt bags. ED K

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I don't know about the intelligence side of things, but firing cruise missiles across Turkey, a NATO member, seems like a place to draw a line in the sand. Putin has proven that he is capable of being the 21st Century's version of Adolf Hitler, in that if you don't stand up to his offenses early, you're likely to pay a bigger price later, 'cause he is embolden every time he gets away with bad behavior. When it comes to leadership under pressure, Obama is much more like Neville Chamberlain than Winston Churchill.

However, the map that I've seen shows a flight path for those cruise missiles crossing Irag, not Turkey. Is it possible that this is damage control or that the reports of them crossing Turkey were just wrong?

It could also be that Turkey is wagging its finger at Putin in public, but glad he's there in private.

Turkey doesn't want to have to deal with all of those militants fighting in Syria. They're way too close to Turkey for comfort.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
nothing Intelligence has ever come from the Obama Administration.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think you have to understand the situation better. If you put out any information that this administration hasn't cleared or approve of you are fired. Look how many Generals and Admirals Obama has gotten rid of. Our armed forces are just a shadow of what they formally were.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
US intelligence has been so diluted that it cannot even detect a skunk in the WH anymore..............laughing stock of the world, we are, we are.

Russia is doing what anyone who expects positive results in a military action would do......hit hard, hit fast & don't piss around with a half ass effort. Something the US no longer comprehends.

MM

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm waiting for Obama to stand up and tell us that he just heard about this on the news or read it in the newspaper, the same time we did. The guy is clueless and his administration is incompetent.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The civil war in Syria and the U.S. invasion of Iraq has caused a huge power vacuum in that area and since nature abhors a vacuum, someone (Iran/ISIS/???) will seek to fill the vacuum and take the power. Turkey is in a difficult position, are they primarily a secular society or do they chose to be Muslim first and Turks second?

I think that it is obvious that the U.S. invasion of Iraq has allowed the Iraqi people to follow their hearts and embrace the differences in religion, rather than their opportunity to build a secular Iraq with freedom and justice for all.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obama is a Muslim Sympathizer and he will do nothing to hurt his Middle East Family. This country means nothing to him.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They spend way more on intelligence spying on conservative gun owners.

I mean, it's not like Bammy would have the ballz to do anything on the world theater, no matter what was going on.

His "war" isn't with anyone else. It's with Americans.

He has done everything he could to harm us since being in office. Why would he stop now?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What another line in the sand from the national lawn jockey? The last one didn't work out too well as I recall.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yes. And now we have evidence the Intelligence Production is "being guided", and completely re-written at the political level to suit a political agenda.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

And often is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 270cowboy, 61 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.