Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
What is the menu?

Care to share things you are thankful for?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well sir.

The menu was our family's usual, which is turkey, stuffing, whipped potatoes, creamed corn, salad, buns and mixed vegetables.

We were able to bring my Mother in Law out for the day, as well as my Mother and our youngest daughter flew back out from university for the long weekend too so she and her boyfriend were with us too.

Missing were our eldest daughter who's work schedule didn't allow her to make it back here this year.

I'm thankful for a plethora of things really and it's tough to know exactly where to begin or end for that matter.

We're fortunate that for the most part my wife and I as well as our girls are healthy and employed or attending school as noted. Our Mom's are at that stage in life where some days are better than others, but that's to be expected and we're doing our best to help them roll with what life brings.

Even though the government often annoys me and we're in the midst of a long election campaign - I'm grateful that we live in a country where we're still able to vote and be a part of the system however imperfect it is.

I'm thankful that the part of the country we live in allows us to hunt for pretty much a quarter of the year and whether we want to drive for two days to hunt up north or just chase locals on the mountain behind the house like I am this fall - it's not a bad life. wink

Lastly I'm thankful for Rick providing us with this medium whereby like minded folks from different walks of life and locations on the planet can come together and share our lives a wee bit.

All the best to you and yours this fall and Happy US Thanksgiving to you folks when it arrives too sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That should be a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving...

per usual, Canada has to have a holiday before the US has it..

our is next month, but you boys know that...

But Best Wishes to Each of you and Your Families for a very Happy Canadian Thanksgiving...Eh? whistle

Last edited by Seafire; 10/12/15. Reason: had to translate into Canadian so it would be understood... forgot to add the Eh?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,269 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.