Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paddler

Following the rules of fair chase makes hunting grouse challenging. You should give it a try. Don't care much for ATVs. Lots of guys misuse them, go off trail and damage the landscape. Go ahead, ride one and ground swat grouse. Doesn't bother me at all, it just diminishes you as a sportsman. There are lots of slobs out there, what's one more?

You could apply hemorrhoid cream with your nose to prove you're somehow superior also, but at the end of the day using your finger is easier and the results are the same. If you really want practice fair chase and impress me, try hunting grizz with a pocket knife in nothing but a leather thong. I'll even find you the bear laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Hell,

If he's shooting them with a bow I'd say that was pretty sporting.

If he's shooting them with a gun I'd say when do we eat?

From what I read of your patient reviews, you should spend more time trying not to offend the people who keep you in business and less time worrying about what Shrapnel is doing with his ATV.

1 star out of 5 means you're doing it wrong.

Looks like he's using a compound. What a wimp.

No matter how you look at or ignore it you're still doing it wrong.

It must be hard for you everyday to look at your patients and know you suck as a doctor, to know these folks are depending on you and you can't help them. Maybe you should spend your time brushing up on your doctoring skills instead of spending time on here.

One thing is for sure, you're wasting your time in both places.

Last edited by 12344mag; 10/13/15.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There you are, Shrap. Figured you holed up when I called you out on your unsportsmanlike behavior and called your bluff on coming down for a hunt. The invite still stands. I'm pretty busy this time of year, but let's work it out. No ground swatting, though, and you may have to hike a bit, okay?

I sent the following to the Salt Lake Tribune just now, hope they publish it:

Virtually all recent mass shootings have been committed by deranged individuals using civilian versions of military weapons. Both versions fire one or more rounds each time the trigger is pulled, and both accept detachable magazines. It matters not whether one round or more than one is fired with each trigger pull in the setting of a mass shooting. Semiautomatic weapons are every bit as lethal in these situations as the fully automatic military versions. They should be therefore be classified the same, ie, NFA weapons. NFA weapons may be purchased by private individuals, but they must register them with the ATF, undergo strict background checks, obtain a signature from their local law enforcement agency, notify the ATF if they wish to transport the weapon across state lines, and pay a tax of $200 per weapon.

Semiautomatic, centerfire weapons that accept detachable magazines are not necessary for legitimate sporting uses or home defense, so reclassification will not unduly burden those who own guns for those purposes. This plan will also not ban any weapons or magazines, so those law abiding individuals who feel it necessary to own these weapons may do so if they meet the above criteria. We need to do something to keep these weapons out of the wrong hands. Reclassification won't address all facets of gun violence, but it is a step in the right direction.

Wow! Where to start. There have been plenty of appropriate responses; so, I'll just ad two.
1) Everything you and other gun control advocates present as a "workable/acceptable" option, is currently in place in virtually every one of the mass shootings both here and abroad.
2) Legitimate sporting uses? Tell me where in the constitution, bill of rights, federalist papers or anywhere else leading up to our second amendment such nonsense was discussed or advocated. The second amendment was about the sufficient means of the populace to defend itself agains a potentially tyrannical government, period.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[Linked Image]
AS, you are onto something serious here. Recently observed a case where a seriously needed and very tricky major surgical procedure was done exceedingly well to the major benefit of the patient. But, a subsequent and relatively minor procedure by an MD "fellow" was screwed up so badly it placed the patient on the edge of death and required extended treatment in ICU. #2 just about killed the work of #! - and the patient.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Get a life elsewhere Piddled....

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
It is hard for me to believe that this "paddler" guy is for real. I have worked as department chair of developmental pediatrics within a large multi-specialty and hospital group practice, and work closely with many MDs in both leadership roles and my ongoing clinical psychology practice. Granted many of them are real rigid thinkers, but after over 25 years in healthcare I have never met one like this guy. I would have to say that this persona is nothing more than a front and agitating agent.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
piddler and walt.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by cabindweller
It is hard for me to believe that this "paddler" guy is for real. I have worked as department chair of developmental pediatrics within a large multi-specialty and hospital group practice, and work closely with many MDs in both leadership roles and my ongoing clinical psychology practice. Granted many of them are real rigid thinkers, but after over 25 years in healthcare I have never met one like this guy. I would have to say that this persona is nothing more than a front and agitating agent.

I'm for real. Where's that Shrap fellow?

Last edited by Paddler; 10/13/15.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

I'm for real. Where's that Shrap fellow?

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
What I mean is that I mean what I say and say what I mean. Poking the 'fire regulars with a stick isn't my goal, just a bonus. Somebody has to shine the light of the outside world into your dark, fearful cave.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You are obviously mentally unstable.

Classic warning signs.

Turn in your guns.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This guy sounds just like the late Dr. Andy Embick in Valdez Alaska. He was a paddler (kayak), everyone considered him and a-hole, was an elitist and must have been at least a bit unstable as he ended it all by suck starting a 12 ga.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Paddler sounds like he could be Ol' Uncle Joe. Put down the bottle before you hurt yourself.

Obviously another Constitutional Scholar, just like the HNIC.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I mean is that I mean what I say and say what I mean. Poking the 'fire regulars with a stick isn't my goal, just a bonus. Somebody has to shine the light of the outside world into your dark, fearful cave.

LOL!!!!
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I mean what I say and say what I mean.

IF that's on the level,....with a STRONG emphasis on IF,...

Suicidal urges and behavior are something you really NEED to talk to a genuine health care professional about, Mister.

If you are ( or at least THINK you are) "Real", You're venturing into a pretty dangerous realm.

As noted prior,...chum don't get lippy, or talk back.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

I mean what I say and say what I mean.

IF that's on the level,....with a STRONG emphasis on IF,...

Suicidal urges and behavior are something you really NEED to talk to a genuine health care professional about, Mister.

If you are ( or at least THINK you are) "Real", You're venturing into a pretty dangerous realm.

As noted prior,...chum don't get lippy, or talk back.

GTC

Pleas quit trying to talk him down.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing you guys say can change me.
I still just hook 'em through the eyes and toss 'em overboard.

Ground chum don't wriggle as ya drag it along.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I don't know. This Paddler sounds chemically altered, or maybe
bipolar. We had a Dr up this way that showed some classic bipolar stuff, and you could tell when he was cycling. He'd get flippant, then arrogant, then leave his office staff in a bind when he'd decide on the spur of the moment to go fishing or hunting for a week or more. He got entangled in some love triangles, approached some women he knew better than to approach, and #2 or #3 don't remember which one, wife all but left him. He got a few DUI's in a row, and then got violent with his PA when the PA suspected he was chemically altered while on the job. This guy was manic all over the place. They finally jerked his license, and he ended up in jail for bad checks, forged checks, when he tried to buy a Mexican resturant! His family hastily moved out of town. His daughter who was one of the office nurses, later had HER nursing license revoked. Very hinky stuff. I went to a moving sale they had before they moved, and there were boxes AND boxes of men's brand new clothes, never worn, top shelf stuff.

Last edited by Wyogal; 10/13/15.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
This guy sounds just like the late Dr. Andy Embick in Valdez Alaska. He was a paddler (kayak), everyone considered him and a-hole, was an elitist and must have been at least a bit unstable as he ended it all by suck starting a 12 ga.

That settles it then. I'm going to keep hoping.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 44 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,892
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.