Hop To
Page 121 of 175 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 174 175
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Harry M
None of the witnesses have stated that Yantis fired his gun.

Day one the authorities said he did.

This is a huge piece of the puzzle.

In that same token, none of the witnesses have said Yantis didn't fire his gun.

And therein will lay the difference between panic and murder.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In that same token, none of the witnesses have said Yantis didn't fire his gun.

But all the witness's said the deputy grabbed and shoved Jack when he was ready to fire and his finger on the trigger.

What does a trained officer expect to happen when they do that?

That is what started the end for Jack Yantis not Jack pointing the gun at either deputy.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yet they (your star witnesses) don't know when or if Yantis' gun was fired. Got it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Jack was as familiar with guns as anyone here on this forum.An avid reloader with emphasis on long range accuracy..He was weapons smart before either of these deputies were even born,I know because the oldest deputy is the age of my middle boys and the youngest went to the same school as my boys..McCall-Donnelly.

What would you do if some young person grabbed your hot weapon when you were ready to fire?I would hold on for dear life hoping not to get shot by my own firearm from the thug tugging it.In the struggle with the 30 year old,the weapon went off most likely with the deputy at the barrel end of it...

Then just like on the Bull,the barrage of fire started and with a belly shot, none the less..Go figure.

Jack did not come to the scene to shoot a deputy,he came to put his wounded bull out of it's misery and remove it from the roadway as asked by the sheriffs dispatch..Nothing more..

At no point was there ever a statement or evidence that he shot at or intended to shoot anything but his Bull.

The deputies f-ucked up and they know it...They should never wear a badge again as evidence in there past with old women and men.

Last edited by logcutter; 12/24/15.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you and Spence say so....

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yet they (your star witnesses) don't know when or if Yantis' gun was fired. Got it.
lol

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you and Spence say so....

We do!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by curdog4570

The "us against them mentality" on the part of LEO's can not be displayed more clearly than around this virtual campfire by the cops posting here.

Laffin'.......yeah, clearly just cops on display in that regard.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9

The "us against them mentality" on the part of LEO's can not be displayed more clearly than around this virtual campfire by the cops posting here.

George
I can't speak for others but I've had a cop that I considered myself on congenial terms with make two disparaging remarks against me due to the Yantis homicide. I haven't made any disparaging remarks against cops due to it, that I recall. I certainly have made none against the one in question nor against any others on this site due to this.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

George

It's funny George, the only one I see here that projects the "us against them" mentality is Curdog

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
so how did this all turn out? or is the investigation still pending?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

George

It's funny George, the only one I see here that projects the "us against them" mentality is Curdog

I'm not surprised that neither of you can look at the BIG picture regarding these bad cop threads. It is obvious to anyone who looks at it objectively:

There exist on this forum a sort of "Cyberspace camaraderie" evolving from our shared interests in hunting and shooting. It is enhanced by our sharing of experiences and opinions.

There is one dynamic that sets itself apart from the usual flareups and disagreements. It's the way some of you cops band together and insult fellow members whom you "know" a lot better than you "know" some cop in a far away place.

And you are PROUD of doing that. At least the ones I know in real life are PROUD of their bond with other cops, no matter the disparity in their actual jobs.

I just returned from a Christmas Eve celebration at Peggy's sister's house. One of the guests whom I had not met before is a retired Federal LEO. He told me that the main reason he and Dan - Peggy's BIL and retired Tx DPS Trooper - were such good friends is that they both were cops. There was also a N.M. State Trooper there, Peggy's Nephew, but nothing was mentioned about him being considered "close".

This inflated sense of importance is not found in other occupations. Professions... yes... but not in occupations. A good welder, for instance, will be proud of his abilities, but doesn't feel compelled to defend other welders who are accused of shoddy work.

I can post about how I hate democrats for what they represent and get a trainload of attaboys, many of them from cop/members.

Thug cops are a greater threat to me personally, and all the other members for that matter, than democrats are, but when I opine about them, I get a bunch of little yapping lap dogs posting insults, veiled threats and outright lies, all on this one thread.

I make a good many of the campfire get-togethers, and have hunted with several members. I've never seen any of you heel-biters there.

I suspect I won't. You won't fit in with MEN.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you can make up your own definition of a man out of the same whole cloth with which you create facts you can be as manly as you wish. I am happy for you that you can decide such things for yourself.

It must be amazing to wake up in your head everyday.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Please go locate a quote in this thread where I've insulted/disparaged anyone. I've seen some fairly "vile" comments levied by the non-LEOs as well (wives, etc. being dragged in).

I've made several of the CF hog "hunts" and have hunted outside those with other members. Haven't had any issues getting along with the vast majority there (mostly nin-LEIs) but haven't made any in TX yet.

I guess I'm not overly concerned with your definition of 'MEN'.......especially after the hypocrisy your own post reveals.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
George, I just looked back at this thread and see that you had a post sandwiched between Gitme and Wapo, the two my comments were directed to. I usually preface my comments with "some cops" since a couple of my best hunting pards among the membership are retired LEO's.

It was not my intention to lump you in with the heel biters.

I apologize.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Merry Christmas, fellas.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wish Christmas would get over so ya'll can go back to hatin' each other again.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

George
I can't speak for others but I've had a cop that I considered myself on congenial terms with make two disparaging remarks against me due to the Yantis homicide. I haven't made any disparaging remarks against cops due to it, that I recall. I certainly have made none against the one in question nor against any others on this site due to this.

No disparaging remarks to anyone? Oh really?

Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
[quote=EthanEdwards]You're way out of line. Basically you don't like what Curdog is saying here so you're threatening him with government "intervention". You may be a Democrat if...

That's rich.

Gene can say that he'd murder a cop based on a newspaper article and he's GTG. But nobody can threaten Gene with a mental health evaluation based on Gene actually saying crazy stuff.
Gene didn't threaten anybody but it is as you say, Cheyenne did.

I suppose you'll want your bag'o'dicks supersized.
I don't understand what you're saying.

This is what he said

I don't understand what you're saying.

Seems easy to understand.

Then you posted this and changed the quotes

This is what he said
Seems easy to understand.

It doesn't surprise me that you have knowledge of supersized "bags'o'dicks". I'm not personally interested so since you've demonstrated your own interest jwp, you're welcome to whatever proposal Bluedreaux is making.

Just for the record

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mirage243
Wish Christmas would get over so ya'll can go back to hatin' each other again.

A few of these guys were around when baby Jesus was born, so I figured I better show my respects... grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

George

I'm not surprised that neither of you can look at the BIG picture regarding these bad cop threads. It is obvious to anyone who looks at it objectively:

There exist on this forum a sort of "Cyberspace camaraderie" evolving from our shared interests in hunting and shooting. It is enhanced by our sharing of experiences and opinions.

There is one dynamic that sets itself apart from the usual flareups and disagreements. It's the way some of you cops band together and insult fellow members whom you "know" a lot better than you "know" some cop in a far away place.

And you are PROUD of doing that. At least the ones I know in real life are PROUD of their bond with other cops, no matter the disparity in their actual jobs.

I just returned from a Christmas Eve celebration at Peggy's sister's house. One of the guests whom I had not met before is a retired Federal LEO. He told me that the main reason he and Dan - Peggy's BIL and retired Tx DPS Trooper - were such good friends is that they both were cops. There was also a N.M. State Trooper there, Peggy's Nephew, but nothing was mentioned about him being considered "close".

This inflated sense of importance is not found in other occupations. Professions... yes... but not in occupations. A good welder, for instance, will be proud of his abilities, but doesn't feel compelled to defend other welders who are accused of shoddy work.

I can post about how I hate democrats for what they represent and get a trainload of attaboys, many of them from cop/members.

Thug cops are a greater threat to me personally, and all the other members for that matter, than democrats are, but when I opine about them, I get a bunch of little yapping lap dogs posting insults, veiled threats and outright lies, all on this one thread.

I make a good many of the campfire get-togethers, and have hunted with several members. I've never seen any of you heel-biters there.

I suspect I won't. You won't fit in with MEN.

One of the big issues here is that you are incapable of objectivity. In fact I challah get you to find a post where I have defended these two deputies, when all any of the "campfire cops" have pointed out is there is too little actual fact and evidence to make a decision one way or another.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 121 of 175 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 3,434 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,373
Posts18,469,350
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.