Print Thread
Hop To
Page 72 of 175 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 174 175
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by jimy
Is there even one person that believes that Mr.Yantis had any intention of harming anyone but the bull?

Not me...but some jackass will be along shortly with some make believe BS theory.

Just give em a minute or two.

No doubt Charlie.

I told my dad yesterday that if we are around unknown law enforcement you couldn't pay me to have gun in my hand.

That said, we get along with the county, city and tribal departments just fine. I would hate to have a feud with the law.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Is there even one person that believes that Mr.Yantis had any intention of harming anyone but the bull?

I have no idea what his intentions were, I wasn't there. Were you?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by toad

no

Not anymore, at least. Since everyone else has ideas about what might have happened, I'll throw one out.

Young, inexperienced deputy responds to a crash. People are hurt, trapped in cars and there's a giant injured bull on the side of the road. So he tries to shoot the thing, obviously in all the wrong places, and it just won't die. Now his nerves are fried. He's got the wreck to deal with, he just fired his gun for maybe the first time in a real situation, and the bull still isn't dead.

Then the rancher shows up. The rancher immediately flips out on him, shouting about wasted meat and the suffering bull and what a dumb young punk the cop is.

Words are exchanged and now we've got a full fledged pissing contest going on. The cop tells the rancher to get out of the crash scene and wait. Rancher walks away and sends for a rifle.

Deputy looks over a bit later and sees rancher with a rifle. Deputy grabs rancher by he shoulder and the gun accidentally discharges.

Deputy thinks "this crazy old coot is shooting at me!" and shoots him.

Wife and son-in-law rush toward the rancher, who is at the deputy's feet. Deputy thinks they're rushing at him for shooting the rancher and handcuffs them.

From the perspective of the rancher and his family the deputy is a murderer.

The deputy's perspective IN THE MOMENT THE RIFLE WENT OFF was that he was being shot at. The deputy's perspective now is likely that he made a terrible, terrible mistake.

My point being that this could all the the result of one terrible, awful misperception. A lot of mistakes led up to that misperception, no doubt, and likely a few spread around on both sides of the coin.

But not everything in life is the result of malice. Sometimes mistakes are made. That doesn't excuse the tragedy of what happened, but it can help explain how it happened.

well since all of this at this is guesswork, your spin is pretty much the same spin i came too pretty quick.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That sounds very plausible, but the longer it takes to get the story out the longer people have to fester and form their own conclusions, the cops aren't helping them selves out any by not being forth coming.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

no

Not anymore, at least. Since everyone else has ideas about what might have happened, I'll throw one out.

Young, inexperienced deputy responds to a crash. People are hurt, trapped in cars and there's a giant injured bull on the side of the road. So he tries to shoot the thing, obviously in all the wrong places, and it just won't die. Now his nerves are fried. He's got the wreck to deal with, he just fired his gun for maybe the first time in a real situation, and the bull still isn't dead.

Then the rancher shows up. The rancher immediately flips out on him, shouting about wasted meat and the suffering bull and what a dumb young punk the cop is.

Words are exchanged and now we've got a full fledged pissing contest going on. The cop tells the rancher to get out of the crash scene and wait. Rancher walks away and sends for a rifle.

Deputy looks over a bit later and sees rancher with a rifle. Deputy grabs rancher by he shoulder and the gun accidentally discharges.

Wife and son-in-law rush toward the rancher, who is at the deputy's feet. Deputy thinks they're rushing at him for shooting the rancher and handcuffs them.

The deputy's perspective IN THE MOMENT THE RIFLE WENT OFF was that he was being shot at. The deputy's perspective now is likely that he made a terrible, terrible mistake.

My point being that this could all the the result of one terrible, awful misperception. A lot of mistakes led up to that misperception, no doubt, and likely a few spread around on both sides of the coin.

But not everything in life is the result of malice. Sometimes mistakes are made. That doesn't excuse the tragedy of what happened, but it can help explain how it happened.

There you go, slandering (seems to be the word of the day) a dead man.......rolls eyes

Actually, probably not too far fetched, but I'll bet booze is involved.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

no

One Deputy had 5 years on the other 15 years on.

My opinion is the rancher wanted to save the bull for is AI program. The bull is probably worth a lot of money in AI sales. There some type of argument that takes place and it goes from there.

That's why the wife has the de-escalation statement.
Dink

Last edited by DINK; 11/12/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Conversely, I very much doubt the Deputies went out with intention of killing a rancher either..

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Are you going so far as to say Jack left the house with intent to shoot cops that night?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Not me...but some jackass will be along shortly with some make believe BS theory.

Just give em a minute or two.

A big plus 1 Charlie.

The dumbassery of from some people in this thread has reached epic levels...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pete E

Conversely, I very much doubt the Deputies went out with intention of killing a rancher either..

But in fact thats exactly what they did!

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Are you going so far as to say Jack left the house with intent to shoot cops that night?

Are you going so far as to say the deputies checked on duty with the intent to kill a rancher that night?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I can say is if this happened with my father being killed and my mother being handled like what happened in Idaho an investigation, lawsuits, news media inquiries, and public relations messaging would be the least of the deputies and Sheriff's Department's involved worries.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reference a few other things.....

If I shot someone at work I wouldn't speak to my boss either. I'm legally required to tell them if there are any outstanding suspects to look for, how many shots I fired and what direction I fired. After that, I won't say anything without my lawyer. That's to protect me and my family, no matter how righteous the shooting. And Yall would be wise to do the same. So I believe that the Sheriff might not have any details from his deputies.

If the rancher was obviously dead (he can be obviously dead without being pronounced dead, that's common sense) I wouldn't perform first aid. After he's dead it's a crime scene. And it's just as likely that they'd be accused of tampering with his body to hide something. If he was obviously dead I'd not touch him.

And the county's legal team says "don't release any videos", that's probably how it'll go. The Sheriff can do whatever he wants, but (at least here) the county commissioners have the purse strings and can play him like a puppet. Especially when they're afraid of a lawsuit. Or they can pressure him to release the videos. But there's always somebody in charge of you, even the mighty Sheriff.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A busted up bull ain't worth saving.

I don't care how much he was worth, the rancher was more worried about putting him out of his misery than any fuuckin' lost burger.

You don't walk up to a deal like that and see a destroyed car and people hurt and start worrying about the monetary value of a bull.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

no

My theory as well only figure the rancher may have had a high bac and add a wreck victim walking around freaking out and an entrapped driver wailing like a claxon and you have a situation that got completely FUBAR'd in a flash.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sounds very plausible, but the longer it takes to get the story out the longer people have to fester and form their own conclusions, the cops aren't helping them selves out any by not being forth coming.

I suspect the Deputies will be doing exactly what their lawyers advise them...

Last edited by Pete E; 11/12/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Are you going so far as to say the deputies checked on duty with the intent to kill a rancher that night?

No but they sure as hell did.

Any shots fired at the deputies?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SamOlson

No but they sure as hell did.

I don't know, I wasn't there. Were you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson

One of the family members suggested that Mr Yantis may have had an AD when one of the Deputies grabbed/yanked his shoulder.

I would imagine determining that's going to be fairly central to the investigation...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Subaru's insurance was/is gonna pay for the critter.

This was a free range area.

Page 72 of 175 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1234, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,415
Posts18,470,496
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.