Print Thread
Hop To
#106643 11/10/02
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Darryl,
<br>
<br>Wondering how your season went. I saw your crew "over there," but couldn't find time to make it over there due to a shortened hunt schedule.
<br>
<br>We found it an incredible year for bucks, but poor for elk. I managed to tag the ONLY cow we saw in the big nasty hole between A ridge and the one we spot you from.
<br>
<br>Heard you guys shooting at 11:45am on Tuesday, when we were up on top. Curious to know what you might have tagged!
<br>
<br>Hope it went well.
<br>Take care,
<br>Muley

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Hello Muley
<br>
<br>Saw you over there also.
<br>
<br>Our crew ended up with 3 elk (Bull and 2 cows) and 4 Buck.
<br>
<br>Couldn't get on the one I wanted because he was running down the far mountain and never stopped. A good 30 to 32" spread. One of the finest bucks I have seen there in years.
<br>
<br>Sorry we couldn't get together, maybe next year.
<br>
<br>Later
<br>DC
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Probably the same buck. Had him within a few hundred yards. I'd guess him 32-33" and he'd probably net around 185. Still a bit light on mass, so likely he'll be bigger next year (grin). Unfortunately, the two of us had already filled our buck tags. We've seen a couple better bucks in there in the past, but ....
<br>
<br>When we moved from your right to left along that ridge to the upper view point is when we spotted the lone cow down in the hole. I'm guessing you heard the Ultra roar about a half hour to 45 minutes later?
<br>
<br>Glad to hear you had success! Supposedly there were a couple good sized bunches in there opening day, but we were hunting the fog down lower. Did see another heavy dark horned 3x4 that was 30" down low, but again, we had already filled the buck tags. Next year, I'll be holding out for certain!
<br>
<br>Hopefully it'll work out to hook up next year. BTW, how were the roads getting into your spot? They were NASTY muddy on our side, except early in the am when things were frozen.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Yes, the roads were certainly the worst I have seen in years.
<br>
<br>We camp not far away from where you saw us so the roads just kept other hunters out, which was fine.
<br>With chains on all 4 wheels is the only way you can move back in there.
<br>
<br>Glad you had success also.
<br>
<br>I did hear you shoot too.
<br>
<br>Take care.
<br>DC

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Darryl,
<br>
<br>Would you list the distances of the kills you guys made?
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh boy! Lets get things stirred up again.[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>The above is meant as humour.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
D
DCC Offline
D
Hello Don
<br>
<br>The ranges are posted at Longrangehunting.com. under the title 'hunting stories" which will be under the long range hunting thread. Possibly in the archives by now.
<br>People are adding their stories daily, however.
<br>
<br>No use repeating the story or ranges twice.
<br>We (our group) did end up with three elk and 4 mule deer bucks though.
<br>
<br>Later
<br>Darryl Cassel

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.