-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dave,could I just come and live in it? I promise I'd bring you a car to work on.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Methinks it is downright unneighbourly of Dave to not ask us to join him sometime.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Holy cripes ya got the Holy Grail of all houses.. Nice work, ND. Good call on the live well. And the Dish. I have the Dish tailgator, comes in handy.

Curious do they put any type of manual crank down in case hydros quit working?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
the hydro unit has it's own battery, it is separated from the other voltage draws. It is unlikely that the lift battery will be dead when I need it. It's possible though, this is Minnesota, it gets cold and batteries don't like cold.

If it does run low, it can charge through the trailer light plug. So, the battery is being maintained when hooked to the truck. The battery also receives a trickle charge through the onboard converter/charger which is powered by my little honda generator when we are on the ice.

I'm hoping for no problems. I've been watching the hydro lift frames for a few years with skepticism, but people seem to do well with them.

I figure the lift unit is very much like the hydro units I have run on snow plows I have owned over the years, except this unit is out of the snow/wet exposures and has multiple charging sources.

fingers crossed.

Noduck, these are manufactured in montevideo and also in Pine river mn. The Pine river units have a better rep for quality, fit and finish. That's where we got ours.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No words.

Just in awe !

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That's probably the coolest ****ING thing I have ever seen in my life.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks. Now we just sit and wait for winter to get here, we are about a month behind schedule in the ice situation.

Huge sadness, not cold enough.

I installed these quilted "thermal" wheel house covers over the weekend and did some minor tinkering inside the house.

The covers help keep drafts down. We bank the bottom perimeter of the house with a little snow that we shovel or kick up against the house. But it's difficult to bank behind the wheels, so someone came up with these snap on covers for the wheel house areas.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hope y'all stay nice and toasty and catch the crap out of them. It has been about a month later here too. I night fished on October 6th without a shirt. Crazy weather.

Last edited by seal_billy; 12/02/15.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We would normally at least be dark house spearing by now (which is afuckinghoot!)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't feel bad ND. We only have 5-7" here now. Some ponds as little as 3". I had a close call with a vehicle on ice one time so I'm a bit of a chicken now.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Damn dude, your making me green! That looks like fun! I shoot a good number of carp with a recurve in the spring but that looks like a blast and you can eat them... I will pass on the carp, my neighbor puts them on his garden.

There was a guy on crappie.com that went by crappieKeith who lives up your way. I was gonna take a trip up and ice fish crappie with him but it was an 18 hour trip and I was only gonna have 4 days so I desided to stay home. Kinda wished I had bit the bullet and went anyway.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
That is the coolest (no pun intended) fish house I've ever seen. I see you out on the lake, temps around 0 degrees with enough wind to kick up a small ground blizzard, all the while sitting inside watching the game, having a cold one and fresh fish on the stove. Simply outstanding!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yep, T shirt, jammie pants, slippers, satellite tv, catching fish, cooking fish, eating fish.....

We just need some winter temps.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No kidding Dave,

Big lakes have some skim ice, but basically wide open still.

Checked a pothole lake out last weekend, less than an inch of ice, & probably open again after this coming weekend !

eek

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,154
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.