-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Merry Christmas all. Keep the reason for the season.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by BH63
^
Thanks for totally hi-jacking the thread.

BH63

So, do you THINK this had anything to do with this whole issue there, sport? "jorgie" and fighter pilot. You are just hell bent on starting a dustup, ain't you?

Listen, Ace, I don't know who you are, and at this point even care, but most here eventually either stay and contribute, or soon are outed as a troll. Do carry on, but you're a long way from posting any kind of bona fides here and getting your thongs in a wad about crap like this, well, you are well on your way....

Christmas Greetings Jorge.

I would agree BH63 took things a bit personally. However if bona fides or simply days on the ground are the only thing that matters, these forums would grow tiresome quickly. There are precious few guys around with your level of experience.

I believe using this experience to assist the new guys, even when they get upset that their thread got hi-jacked is the true purpose of internet forums. We need MORE contributors not fewer. Anything we as a demographic can do to encourage new guys, we need to choose that direction over running them off.

Regards.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The bona fides were just as response to the many folks we've had here in the past who've posted been there and done that and turn out to be trolls. Not saying this is the case here, and BTW, my level of experience is not much more than a neophyte and I've never claimed anything else. Guys like you, Hatari, Ingwe and others are the real experts here. And hell, I wasn't even the one who "hijacked" the thread.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The bona fides were just as response to the many folks we've had here in the past who've posted been there and done that and turn out to be trolls. Not saying this is the case here, and BTW, my level of experience is not much more than a neophyte and I've never claimed anything else. Guys like you, Hatari, Ingwe and others are the real experts here. And hell, I wasn't even the one who "hijacked" the thread.

I know, I don't think his thread was even jacked that bad. My whole point is; we as a demographic are relics & becoming endangered. We need to make an effort to resemble a solid group.

I went to a Firebirds restaurant last Sunday evening. They "had" a bull Elk mount on their fireplace. I noticed it gone. I called the waitress over and asked for the manager. She told my wife and I that there had been a new policy come down from corporate. Remove all taxidermy, from all restaurants. She even commented that she had just been transferred from a Pennsylvania location and she had removed a Bison from that one.

I asked for a corporate email address. Wrote a response and copied every hunter I know, lots of guys from AR as well. I called SCI the next day and told them of the incident. I received an email later that day from SCI telling me they are going to look into it.

I got a nice response from Firebirds on Tuesday this week. In which, the woman asked for my phone number which I gave her. in the conversation, she denied they are removing the taxidermy for any politically correct reasons. She stated they are just wanting a "new look" I called BS. This thing has actually got some legs and I predict a reversal of policy.

My long winded point is Jorge, we have bigger battles to fight, if we want to continue to hunt Africa and even North America. Hunters have been cast in a very negative light as of late. It is our responsibility to change the dynamic. We have allowed the opposition to define us, for far too long.

And no, you did not hijack the thread but I picked your response to quote since you're one of the few here I've corresponded with over the years.

We all need to keep a close focus on the goal. I've been guilty of wandering off topic myself, many, many times.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chipolopolo

I would agree BH63 took things a bit personally. However if bona fides or simply days on the ground are the only thing that matters, these forums would grow tiresome quickly. There are precious few guys around with your level of experience.

I believe using this experience to assist the new guys, even when they get upset that their thread got hi-jacked is the true purpose of internet forums. We need MORE contributors not fewer. Anything we as a demographic can do to encourage new guys, we need to choose that direction over running them off.

Regards.

Well said Steve. If I have been anything but welcoming I certainly stand corrected. All I can do in the Africa forum is enjoy those that have been and are going for reasons Jorge knows. On the good side, the rest of the world is my oyster. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I figured this thread was doomed with this post. Turns out I was right. Boys will be boys no matter how old they are.

BH63

Fight nice, please. Can't say I've read any threads like this one before in the Africa forum.

It's my day off and yer F'CKING up my leisure time dickhead.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Chipolopolo

I went to a Firebirds restaurant last Sunday evening. They "had" a bull Elk mount on their fireplace. I noticed it gone. I called the waitress over and asked for the manager. She told my wife and I that there had been a new policy come down from corporate. Remove all taxidermy, from all restaurants. She even commented that she had just been transferred from a Pennsylvania location and she had removed a Bison from that one.

I asked for a corporate email address. Wrote a response and copied every hunter I know, lots of guys from AR as well. I called SCI the next day and told them of the incident. I received an email later that day from SCI telling me they are going to look into it.

I got a nice response from Firebirds on Tuesday this week. In which, the woman asked for my phone number which I gave her. in the conversation, she denied they are removing the taxidermy for any politically correct reasons. She stated they are just wanting a "new look" I called BS. This thing has actually got some legs and I predict a reversal of policy.

Steve, thank you for taking a stand against Firebirds. I ask that you will please post a feedback on whether they reverse the decision on taking the mounts down.
We need more and more of these kinds of acts to show the world that us hunters are no push overs.
The problem with common sense these days is that it ain't that common any more.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Actually I used to be a member of this forum about 14 years ago and left because I got tired of all the bullying and alliances. (IMO deliberately inserting multiple "chat room style" posts that have nothing to do was the thread topic is a form of cyber bullying. I once had some idiots on this forum who jumped into a thread and started discussing good places to eat Mexican food).

At that time there were about two or three main groups who argued against each other and always ganged up to support the members of their group.

Guess what Jorgie? You aligned with me back in those days.

So sorry if I ruined the "fun" for some of you who seem to delight in the "bullying", but I have always stood up to bullys. It is just my nature.

At any rate, everyone have a "Happy New Year" and good hunting,

BH63

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
14 years ago? I wasn't here. and jorgie? and what was your login back then? Let me guess, Moccasin Joe, Otiwarongo, or about a dozen others and is your name Terrence?

Last edited by jorgeI; 12/28/15.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Actually I used to be a member of this forum about 14 years ago and left because I got tired of all the bullying and alliances. (IMO deliberately inserting multiple "chat room style" posts that have nothing to do was the thread topic is a form of cyber bullying. I once had some idiots on this forum who jumped into a thread and started discussing good places to eat Mexican food).

At that time there were about two or three main groups who argued against each other and always ganged up to support the members of their group.

Guess what Jorgie? You aligned with me back in those days.

So sorry if I ruined the "fun" for some of you who seem to delight in the "bullying", but I have always stood up to bullys. It is just my nature.

At any rate, everyone have a "Happy New Year" and good hunting,

BH63

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No worries, if you are indeed from the past, we'll out you out soon enough. Among other things, your writing style is quite obvious....

B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
No worries, if you are indeed from the past, we'll out you out soon enough. Among other things, your writing style is quite obvious....

By that you mean its well written and logical?

Thanks

PS It might have been 12 years ago or thereabouts. And you guessed wrong about my old handles and my real name.

Just for the record. Why did you think this thread fishy? It was a pretty straightforward, honest, and direct thread IMO.

And many posters replied accordingly until you and your reach-around buddies started in trying to kill it.

Was there something about my style that made you and a couple of your buddies feel threatened? Or where you just trying to put me in my place?

I get a kick out of trying to fathom why people do what they do. I could throw out quite a few thoughts why old ingwe flys the Confederate Flag in his signature as well as his handle. Perhaps he was beat up by a black kid when he was little??

BH63

Last edited by BH63; 12/29/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And many posters replied accordingly until you and your reach-around buddies started in trying to kill it.

Was there something about my style that made you and a couple of your buddies feel threatened? Or where you just trying to put me in my place?

I get a kick out of trying to fathom why people do what they do. I could throw out quite a few thoughts why old ingwe flys the Confederate Flag in his signature as well as his handle. Perhaps he was beat up by a black kid when he was little??

Read much Dale Carnegie? I suspect not.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

BH63

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

By that you mean its well written and logical?

Thanks

PS It might have been 12 years ago or thereabouts. And you guessed wrong about my old handles and my real name.

Just for the record. Why did you think this thread fishy? It was a pretty straightforward, honest, and direct thread IMO.

BH63

Because I smelled you the second you posted, not to mention your atrocious syntax and spelling. So what WAS your previous handle or are you going to lie again. Hint: Lie #1 (so far) was the fact I agreed with you when I wasn't even a member here, but carry on. Somehow I suspect your real name will have to be found out. No worries, I'm working on it.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This type of childish non-sense is exactly why internets forums are bad for society. This reads as though a bunch of 12 year old girls, are having a dust up over a boy they both have the hots for.

Both parties wanting, no scratch that…demanding the last word.

This has devolved into nothing resembling African Hunting, which last time I checked, was a sport reserved for Gentlemen.

When hunting in Africa is a thing of the past, maybe we can reminisce about the "old days" of hunting Africa. I believe we could all agree it was awesome.

Have at it "men"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe so, but we went YEARS here without any issue until this guy showed up with a new handle, because I am sure, his previous bullshit here was not tolerated, but feel free to continue...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Africa Forum has been about the least confrontational and the most agreeable on the 'Fire. This newbie jumped in determined to stir the pot. Let's just say that is out of character with the normal dialogue here and has been resisted.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
[/quote]
Because I smelled you the second you posted, not to mention your atrocious syntax and spelling. So what WAS your previous handle or are you going to lie again. Hint: Lie #1 (so far) was the fact I agreed with you when I wasn't even a member here, but carry on. Somehow I suspect your real name will have to be found out. No worries, I'm working on it. [/quote]

I think that post says it all. Jorgie apparently doesn't have much of a life outside of this forum, and doesn't like it when new people post and don't show him the respect he thinks he deserves.

He has certainly turned into a piece of work since I was last on this forum. Good luck finding my previous forum name, I can just see this idiot spending hours looking at old posts and trying to figure out who I am. Personally I am beginning to think he needs professional help.

What a tool, but he does seem to have a few reach-around buddies. Perhaps I have stumbled on to a cult?

As for me, I am going to stick to hunting and shooting topics but I will counter punch whenever someone throws an uncalled for jab at me.

Good Hunting,

BH63

Last edited by BH63; 12/30/15.
B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Getting back on topic. I've been in contact with an outfitter out of Zim and he is offering a pretty fair deal (10 day buff hunt for 15k).

I really wanted to kill a buff from another country, but I may wind up with this guy as I have hunted the area before and know there are thousands of buff in that area (South Gokwe).

He will be in the Denver area next month and is supposed to call me.

Has anyone hunted that area recently?

BH63

Last edited by BH63; 12/30/15.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.