Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
I still enjoy the music, chatting with the bikers and eating a hot dog. Of course, I don't let simple chitt bother me. Life's too short. smile

Agreed!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Bart, be careful not to get trampled by that herd of wetbacks headed south. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I love Dallas..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Have you ever seen Dallas from a DC9
at night?" - Joe Ely

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have fun Bart

Did not realize you ended up in a city agian. Any city sucks.

Enjoy as much time out of one as you can!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i lived in Dallas in the mid 80s,lucky i survived.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i lived in Dallas in the mid 80s,lucky i survived.
I lived there in 1982. It was a great time to be in Dallas even though I had guns pulled on me twice.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
I still enjoy the music, chatting with the bikers and eating a hot dog. Of course, I don't let simple chitt bother me. Life's too short. smile

Maybe my problem is I was all over that place 25-30 years ago, on a motorcycle, maybe once or twice each month. Used to be about the best place in the world to drink a beer on a Sunday afternoon.

In my old, old days we'd leave College Station from Dudley's late in the night and ride to Enchanted Rock, and be on top of that bilion year-old granite batholith in time to watch the sun rise.

Leaving after the sun was up, I do recall hitting 120 mph on the FM road to Fredericksburg one time. We weren't generally quite that lunatic (still being alive after all) but the point is the volume of traffic wont permit anything like that now.

Pretty sure they lock the gates to E. Rock at 10 pm now, in part to control the crowds

Then breakfast in Fredericksburg followed by a nap under the trees at Luckenbach. If we was in the area late enough we'd ride over to Grapetown and sit on the ledge outside the mouth of the old railway tunnel by the hippie commune where you was shortly to be right in a stream of several tens (hundreds?) of thousands of freetail bats.

The hippie commune is gone under to high dollar (gated?) home sites now. Drive on past that entrance and there's an extensive housing development and even an upscale restaurant that draws crowds of the minivan and SUV set. The railroad tunnel (from the 1860's) and the bats are still there, but the state runs it, and stern manly ladies in park ranger uniforms will admonish you to sit some distance away on a set of bleachers and be quiet "so you don't disturb the bats").

At least, last time I was through, the old German Sheutzen range on the Grapetown Road is still up, stunning though just how much along that road has gone under, forever.

Plainly, judging by the large volume of people and their moving rafts of vehicles, folks still like Luckenbach, but its a shadow of what it was, even compared to just 25 years ago. And a real shame to see that beautiful area go under, and still continue to go under.

Problem is, it is too close to the booming Round Rock/Austin/San Antonio population corridor, and suffering accordingly.

Other's MMV,

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I love Dallas..

Myself.

All American

All the time
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
On the muscle of my arm
there's a red and blue tatoo
Sez" Fort Worth I Love You".

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Bart, I think I understand you. I just have to get the hell out of Miami from time to time. Just can't stand being there more than a couple of weeks.
Same here - nearly 2 weeks to/from and at the Sturgis Rally helps me stay (somewhat) sane.. laugh laugh

Have a good trip Bart..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.