Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by rem141r
it would make a difference to you if you were the one taking the rounds

If the cop was justified in firing one round he was justified in firing 15.

Once the threat is stopped, there is no justification for continuing to shoot. The first one or two shots had stopped the threat, and may not have killed him.

It was murder

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deleted double post

Last edited by Snyper; 11/27/15.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
what about the 15 shots he fired into a downed individual? i might be able to see the 1st one, but after that i'm thinking he was a little too into it.

This cop was (politically correct) charged with Murder 1. Personally I think this was because he emptied his magazine into the perp on the ground. If it is shown he was legally justified in shooting the perp (even with one shot) that in itself will get him off the Murder 1 charge.

In Oklahoma we had a case where a white Pharmacist was assaulted in his store by two armed perps ([bleep]) and he pulled his .38 revolver and shot one (who fell inside the store) and chased the other out the door. When he came back inside his store to call the cops, he noticed the fallen perp (young teen) was still moving, so he shot him again as he lay on the floor. This was all captured on video tape.

The Pharmacist was convicted of Murder1 and sentenced to life with possibility of parole. Total BS in my opinion.

[video:youtube]8Iy4QpwxQKc[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Two things, #1, the decedent was not approaching the cops, but rather walking past their position - and likely taunting them with a drawn knife. This may or may not be ruled a threat to them, since the video does not suggest the decedent was approaching, attacking or otherwise endangering the cops. He was, however, a crazy mutha.

#2, any round fired after the young man was down, was excessive. His knife no longer implied a threat of any kind.

That is, unless training has changed from the time I went through three police academies.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The kid was gunned down for a minor offense, the cop looked to me like he panicked and shot the kid, which is where the problem stems, he panicked.
Improper training for todays world, old time cops would of smacked that kid with his baton, taken his knife and thrown him in jail, not now.....the same shyte just happened in Ontario, kid with a knife, nobody in danger at all, cop shoots him 9 times...WTF, why defend the cop? The kid in Ontario was not black so the race thing isn't an issue.

Why does race need to be the issue? maybe the cop simply panicked

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The race thing IS the issue. If that kid had been white, we would have never heard a word about this.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
The race thing IS the issue. If that kid had been white, we would have never heard a word about this.

Exactly

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Cops' licenses to kill will be revoked if the sheeple ever figure out that the cops have no duty to protect them, and have a lot more latitude in protecting themselves, than us subjects have.

Cops have no duty to protect? How so as to the latter, we had (have) even more latitude in the armed forces, so what's your point?

I guess it was a hard question?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If that kid had been white, we would have never heard a word about this.
This is absolutely the case. Correcting for level of threat posed by the perp, whites are many times more likely to be shot, or otherwise abused, by police in the US, than are blacks. It just so happens that blacks are many times more likely to be violent felons than whites, and many times more likely, therefore, to find themselves in violent confrontations with cops than are whites, thus the stats that show blacks being shot or beaten by cops being in excess proportion to their numbers in the population. Based on stats, adjusted for percentages of violent felons by race, the numbers of blacks shot by cops should actually be much higher, which demonstrates that cops exercise less restraint when dealing with whites than they do with blacks.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Did the officer in the vid already have his gun drawn? If so, that 21 foot rule doesn't apply.

Not true.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Is there a breakdown showing the time from 1st shot to last shot?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
About 15 seconds, I heard.

μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As someone else posted in another thread, "Either lethal force is justified, or it is not."

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Did the officer in the vid already have his gun drawn? If so, that 21 foot rule doesn't apply.

Where did you learn that?
As I recall it, the 21 foot rule assumes a holstered sidearm, absent even hand on gun.

That's from your academy days or when you were on the force?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Cops' licenses to kill will be revoked if the sheeple ever figure out that the cops have no duty to protect them, and have a lot more latitude in protecting themselves, than us subjects have.

Liberals and other weaklings view the local cops as being representative of a mythical, all powerful, benign, "system" which somehow allows us to co-exist with our neighbors.

Promotion of this myth is perhaps the most successful propaganda campaign since Satan convinced a majority of folks that he doesn't exist.

and then there are the morons that would prefer total anarchy............

Sam......

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Steelhead

As I recall it, the 21 foot rule assumes a holstered sidearm, absent even hand on gun.

Silly rabbit. He didn't make it into the academy. Its why he is so bitter about cops.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Heres a case where the Police watched a man being stabbed and they locked themselves in a closet for their own safety. Then they lied and told the public that the police had subdued and captured the serial killer. After the lawsuit the city found the Police have no responsibility to protect citizens if they may encounter danger themselves.

http://nypost.com/2013/01/27/city-says-cops-had-no-duty-to-protect-subway-hero-who-subdued-killer/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't watched the video, don't intend to.

What bothers me is that apparently two cops get out of their cruiser, and a perp with a knife is close.

Now, maybe I don't have enough banty rooster or testosterone in me, but I would get back in the cruiser......

Is it so absurd to think that de-escalation is more important than "stopping the threat"?

Unless the knife guy was about to walk into a girls only grade school yard at recess...... Get back in the cruiser, get behind the cruiser, call for a psych backup, and everyone lives another day.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would you want a deranged perp with a knife to continue to live in a peaceful society? So he could take an innocent life another day?

Lesson here is:

1. Don't do drugs.

2. Don't pull a knife on armed police officers

3. Drop the knife or lie down if an armed police officer tells you too, especially if you are on drugs.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Silly rabbit. He didn't make it into the academy. Its why he is so bitter about cops.

Hear tell he was bumped by a jewish negro named Sammy Davis...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

349 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,022
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.