Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jerry Jones bought the team in 1989, after two losing seasons, between Johnson and Switzer (riding Johnson's success) from 91-96, six 10+ wins per season and three Super Bowls.

Jones fires or drives Johnson out, pretty dumb in my opinion.

Between 97-15, 19 years and they only have five 10+ win seasons, Phillips had two of the 10+ win seasons in a total of three years.

Garrett has the longest run since Landry and the worst record of 10+ wins.

One head coach in the first half of Cowboy's history and seven in the second half.

Garrett is not winning or Jerry Jones has one of his feet nailed to the floor. But Jones constant head coach swaps is not producing a winning team either so I am not sure if firing Garrett would help.

Is the curse Jones, Garrett or Romo?

Hate them or not, if you know the game what will it take to turn them around?

Last edited by RDW; 11/27/15.

Dave

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by RDW

A miracle?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDW

Team DISCIPLINE, and freedom for the coach to kick some ass

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shouldn't that only be in effect every 28 days or so?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think as long as Jones owns them they're destined for failure, at least where the big dance is concerned.

kinda fitting, two of the most storied franchises DC and Dallas, both have owners with ginormous egos, and both can't just admit, cause they made a lot of money in one area of life, that they're not the smartest guy in the room in all aspects of life, including football.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who cares?

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have the same thing going on here with the Redskins. Why is RG3 still on the roster?

In both cases football people are not making the decisions.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Cowboys are followed by a large fan base, so they are under a microscope more than most other teams. The real problem for them, and the NFL in general now is injuries. The healthiest team wins out instead of the best team. It never used to be this way, but the players are faster, bigger, and hit harder than they ever did. I predict the decline of Pro football shortly if it's not fixed, and the problem is---how to fix it when the game relies on its violent nature as the basis for its existence? The tip of the iceberg right now is the concussion issue and brain injuries.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U

It seems worse this year (well, I think it actually *is* worse) I think mostly because of the new CBA rules limiting practice time.

(think of all the non-contact ACL tears -- what, there've been 6-7 right?)

conditioning has taken a hit, IMO.

Originally Posted by 21
The Cowboys are followed by a large fan base, so they are under a microscope more than most other teams. The real problem for them, and the NFL in general now is injuries. The healthiest team wins out instead of the best team. It never used to be this way, but the players are faster, bigger, and hit harder than they ever did. I predict the decline of Pro football shortly if it's not fixed, and the problem is---how to fix it when the game relies on its violent nature as the basis for its existence? The tip of the iceberg right now is the concussion issue and brain injuries.

I think the regular season and playoff seeding shake out okay, but this is absolutely true in the playoffs -- whoever has the most starters on the field wins

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "football" problem is definitely JJ.

Business wise he is the most successful owner in the league. Has created all the assets needed to field a championship team year after year. If only he would get out of the way and let a football GM take over.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Garrett is precisely what Jones' wants in a coach.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Romo is a chump and a loser. He needs to go, and those who hired him need to go as well. Bye, Jerry.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Compared to the 49'ers the Cowboys owner is a star. T49'ers owner(York) and general manager are brain dead when it comes to fielding a team. Dump a winner like Harbaugh and hire a loser for a coach.

Last edited by coyote268; 11/27/15.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
What's a Dallas Cowboy? Or any other team, for that matter. Players are moved around like pawns and it's hard to be fans when you don't know who'll be on the team. Brett Favre got his jersey retired for what it took with him in the mix -- 16 years -- to turn the Packers back into what they were "supposed" to be. 49-ers won a SB and next year were almost all different guys. Ravens? Same.

There's no curse (unless every team has the same one.)

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When the 'bean-counters' get involved....the SHTF!!

The teams that constantly are winners.....have WINNERS as players!

The others....are just playing for the salary!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
there was a great quote by an active player this year -- I wish I could remember who it was....

along the lines of "there are never more than 3-4 teams truly contending for the SB. Everyone else is along for the ride"

just because someone technically has to "win" the NFC east and AFC south doesn't mean they're contending for the SB!

grin

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Garrett is precisely what Jones' wants in a coach.

That seems very believable, any coach with balls gets kicked down the road?

Dave

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (35, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 15 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,648
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.