Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Periodically I ask you guy's if there is a Nikon scope you would like to see produced or a scope that you would like to see in some other configuration.
I do freelance Shooting Event's/PR for Nikon and they are always looking for new idea's from those of us who pull the trigger in the field and at the range. Your responses are part of the reason for Nikon's Rimfire line of optic's so don't think your comment's will not be considered.

I look forward to reading your sugggestion's.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I purchased a Nikon 3 5-20X. It is very nice. I have half a dozen Nikon binoculars so I guess I might be a good Nikon customer.

I would like to have a scope that goes from 4-24X with even better glass for low light that is not over 18 ounces. My Swarovski is a 5-25X52 and is only 18.1 ounces.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I would like to see a simple 4-12X40 duplex with glass like my Monarch 7 binos and indestructable turret adjustments priced under $500.

Is that too much to ask?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would like to see a simple 4-12X40 duplex with glass like my Monarch 7 binos and indestructable turret adjustments priced under $500.

Is that too much to ask?

+1

Something similar to the SWFA SS line as far as turrets and internals go, with a good plain duplex or German #4.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I want to see a Prostaff Nikoplex reticle with a small adjustable red dot in the center. Like the Leupold VX-R or the old Burris electrodot. That would be a great scope in either 3-9x40 or x50. Price being better than Leupold of course.

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

IC B2

B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you, keep 'em coming, I'm looking at every one.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Do away with the huge eyepiece on the Monarch and go back to a Japanese manufacturer

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Is that too much to ask?

+1

Something similar to the SWFA SS line as far as turrets and internals go, with a good plain duplex or German #4.

For my taste, SS internals would be fine. But I really want the turrets contained inside a cap, not more than 1/2 high.

I want to use it for carrying, and hunting. I want it to fit inside a saddle scabbard.

I do not feel the need to pretend I am Chris Kyle.

And besides, look at what Carlos Hathcock accomplished with a simple 10X40 Duplex.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Carlos Hathcock didn't use a "10x40 duplex".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Honestly, whenever I'm purchasing or considering a sports optic purchase, Nikon just isn't a consideration.

Even Nikon HQ treats their sports optics division as a red headed step-child...

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Do away with the huge eyepiece on the Monarch and go back to a Japanese manufacturer

+1

I really like their older UCC scopes. They were nice, light and trim with good glass. Great hunting scopes. The new Monarchs ocular bell is huge and they weigh far too much compared to other manufacturers.

A VX-R type scope in the Prostaff price range would be a good seller I would think.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The UCC monarch was a damn good scope. Much smaller in size (more like a comparable leupold) than the newer monarch of today. I like Nikon rifle scopes, but their engineering dept. is smoking dope.... The prostaff sucks, the older buckmaster wasn't too bad, but the newer one has dimensional features that are not appealing... If I were to design one right now, it would have some type of rainguard coating, side focus, adequate eye relief, sleek appealing shape and size (more like the old UCC), and a better long range reticle (more like a Burris ballistic plex) than the BDC. Who wants to use those big azzed circles at long range???. I do like the Nikon turrets, so don't change those. Bart, get on top of this chit man...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The UCC monarch was a damn good scope. Much smaller in size (more like a comparable leupold) than the newer monarch of today. I like Nikon rifle scopes, but their engineering dept. is smoking dope.... The prostaff sucks, the older buckmaster wasn't too bad, but the newer one has dimensional features that are not appealing... If I were to design one right now, it would have some type of rainguard coating, side focus, adequate eye relief, sleek appealing shape and size (more like the old UCC), and a better long range reticle (more like a Burris ballistic plex) than the BDC. Who wants to use those big azzed circles at long range???. I do like the Nikon turrets, so don't change those. Bart, get on top of this chit man...

Plus one. Everything since the UCC Monarch has not got my consideration. The BDC also sucks.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Forever transferable warranty or forever not Nikon... And loose the circles.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm also a fan of the older UCCs. The newer ones not so much. I don't mind the circles. At least I can see them late in the afternoons. My Burris BDCs and my Mildot scopes are close to useless in the last 20 minutes before dark as far as the extra dots go.

Last edited by TATELAW; 11/27/15.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lose the BDC circles on the tac. scopes, hash marks please.

You might want to read the current Nikon scope warranty thread. Seems like that's the first place they need to put in some effort.

Add some QC at the factory. Nikon is keeping Natchez Shooters in business selling Nikon refurbished.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not just Nikon but all manufactures GET RID OF ALL THE TACTICAL TURRET CRAP! Their fine if you're actually using them but on the "P" and "M" series how much are you actually turning them in the field and if you are when do you ever turn the windage turret??? And if they insist on putting them on at least have a cover that screws over them. Nothing like putting your gun into or out of a case and hearing the turrets turn because they touched the case!

Get rid of the circles - they may work but people don't like them and it's costing sales. I know Adsit and Guess won't like hearing that but it's the truth.

I know you think you're going to do something helpful asking these questions but truthfully I don't think Nikon cares what you or anyone else in the USA really thinks. LaCourte actually tried changing things but the people there now are just trying to keep their heads, they're nice guys but they're not going to stick their neck out to tell the Japanese anything that they don't want to hear.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Decent turrets with matching reticles...mil/mil would be nice, but MOA/MOA would work. Zero stop and a capped windage turret would be awesome.

Forget the dopey BDC crap. And lose the circles...hash marks are much better, and while you are at it, some windage marks wouldnt kill anyone.

Even with all of this...I dont see a reason to buy a Nikon anything, when nothing they make isnt bested by someone else in the same market.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
go back to japanese manufacturer. . the profound amount of veiling flare in my POS 3-9x50 prostaff ff caused me to miss a chance on a nice deer i was watching with my binocs. even my old $50 or $60 simmons had no isses with flare

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Bart, are you writing this chit down??? I've been a long time Nikon user, but have backed off buying them because of the reasons stated in my earlier post. Seems a lot of guys here have the same thoughts. You getting young dumb azzed engineers designing these new scopes now? Hopefully someone like you can steer them in the right direction. Let them read these threads. It may be an eye opener for them... Hint..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.