Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Flac991 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Does anyone know whether Mitchell Maxberry is still shooting in NZ? He has moved around a bit within a number of the NZ clubs last shooting at the Cheltenham Rifle Club. He caused a bit of a ruckus with the National Rifle Association of New Zealand (NRANZ) over safety concerns shooting at the Trentham range. The NRANZ terminated his membership (effectively ending his competitive shooting in NZ). He sued the NRANZ in the NZ High Court making a number of allegations. Last I heard, the NRANZ restated his membership in July 2015. I take no position regarding the merits of his allegations, though I suspect the resulting outcome may have been a Pyrrhic victory.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have not heard from him in a long time.

I used to hang out on NM forums, I"m sure ones like national match are still around, I"d check with them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I emailed a couple buddies in Kiwi Land. Maybe I can find some information.

F
Flac991 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks guys. I was able to reach out to Mitchell through other channels. He’s still resolving his membership problems with the NZ folks. I hope that he works things out because I understand that he is very passionate about competitive shooting (and is quite a good shooter) and it would be sad to see someone denied access to a sport they clearly love. Unfortunately he has ruffled a few kiwi feathers (pun intended) on some of the safety issues on the range. I’m not in a position to hold an opinion on issue, other than observing that both sides have become rather entrenched in their points of view. Mitchell may simply need to accept that, regardless of the merits of what he is saying, the Kiwis are not going to change their position on the matter, and the best thing that he can do is accept he has done all that can be reasonably done and to now drop the matter and focus on his primary passion, competitive shooting. If someone gets hurt because his concerns were ignored, that is regrettable, but it is what it is. And I say this as one who has, on more than one occasion, been in exactly the same position as he is now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I miss talking with Mitch...he's one dang good LR shooter. He's in this photo on the far left. I'm in white long sleeved sweat shirt sixth from the left front row. These were the top 20 shooters in the Palma Match at Camp Perry in '94.

[Linked Image]Top 20 shooters at 1994 Palma Match Camp Perry, Ohio by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.