Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Happy, um, non-denominational celebration of the year's end time to everyone! I was at the mall today!

[Linked Image]

The Holiday Season
copyright 2009 – Stephen Redgwell

In keepin' with everyone's right to celebrate the holidays in their own way (except Christians), I watched the kickoff of the annual festive season at the mall today. It was the erection and decoration of the holiday 'wood like object'. No one really knew what it was, but boy, did it ever seem...wood like.

The Chinese made, decorative ‘wood like object’ will soon be festooned with Indian, Pakistani, Chinese and Malaysian made plastic bulbs. These well known symbols of the holidaze rest upon an Azerbaijani woven, red and white rug, with colourful Cambodian holiday stockin's hanging nearby.

The older, Korean made seasonal lights that used to outline the entrance doors were not workin' properly, so they have been replaced with Vietnamese mini lights to brighten up the foyer.

The lights draw attention to a stunningly dressed mannequin of the Gifting Man - formerly known as Santa Claus. The Jordanian designed and manufactured suit the Gifting Man is wearin' will be on display until the week before the holiday break. At that time, a volunteer will put it on and distribute bottles of water, canned, unsalted vegetables, brown rice and educational flyers to poor children and families living in the area.

And who can forget the Burmese made wicker baskets? They are a big part of things too!

The local schools are not ignorin' those that do not get involved with, or partake of the fun associated with this happy time of year. While nativity scenes are no longer allowed, other reminders of the season have been approved. They include an office door decoratin' contest, a non-denominational shiny stuff craft fair, and a Festivus pole judgin'.

Poles made by Thai and Nigerian workers, who: 1) have reached the age of majority; 2) are voluntarily employed; and, 3) UN supervised; are a mainstay of Festivus pole manufacturin'. The results of their labours are then exported to North America for all of us to enjoy.

These events are a perennial way of boostin' the spirit of community in the city. Bangladeshi Samosa, Baklava from Turkey and Korean Kimchi are sure to make their traditional appearance at pre-departure parties held on the 18th. No meat please!

Ah, the holiday season formerly known as Christmas is upon us again. Don't you just love it?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

I wept when I was born and every day explains why.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
If this site had a "Letter to the Editor", column, that might be a better fit than the humor section.

Steve must be related to George Orwell.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You humans sure make me laugh!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 26 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.