Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Calhoun

it's impossible

And with that, you'd be fired.

See? Leadership.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

it's impossible

And with that, you'd be fired.

See? Leadership.

Travis

Find another subject matter expert who says it's possible to shut down portions of the internet to stop terrorists from communicating with people to radicalize them.

Just one.

Then you can fire me.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Find another subject matter expert who says it's possible to shut down portions of the internet to stop terrorists from communicating with people to radicalize them.

Just one.

Then you can fire me.

I didn't hypothetically fire you. Trump hypothetically fired you.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
he doesn't want the presidency and is scared that he'll get elected. just wait, its going to keep getting better.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Maybe he can fix this damn website while he's at it.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Travis and other Trump supporters, not specifically addressed to you, just to add to the "discussion" here.

Here's a small indication of what it would be like to "close that internet"

"The State Department spokesperson said the U.S. Mission to Somalia is discussing Hassan’s case with the Somali government. The official noted that the U.S. and Somalia do not have an extradition agreement.

Since he was thought to have left the U.S. for Somalia, Hassan has popped up repeatedly online as a vocal proponent of jihad. Each time Twitter shuts down his account, he simply returned under a slightly different username and quickly reconnected with his supporters and potential recruits."

From a story on this Hassan critter turning himself in, in Somalia of all places.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Travis and other Trump supporters, not specifically addressed to you, just to add to the "discussion" here.

"The State Department spokesperson said the U.S. Mission to Somalia is discussing Hassan’s case with the Somali government. The official noted that the U.S. and Somalia do not have an extradition agreement.

Since he was thought to have left the U.S. for Somalia, Hassan has popped up repeatedly online as a vocal proponent of jihad. Each time Twitter shuts down his account, he simply returned under a slightly different username and quickly reconnected with his supporters and potential recruits."

From a story on this Hassan critter turning himself in, in Somalia of all places.

Geno

Shut down twitter.

They banned me anyway.

Fgukers.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Shut down twitter.

They banned me anyway.

Fgukers.

Dave

Isn't this the ONLY internet place you haven't been banned?

Yet! grin

Geno

PS,
Hope you and the family have a nice winter.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Very few people accept me.

If I see them, I'll pass on your sentiments.

Thank you and GFY.

Clark

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Oh man, thats the Lefts wet dream beside the disarming.

Shut down a place that cant be controlled to get out the truth, once they craft their ongoing lies.

Last edited by WillARights; 12/08/15.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Very few people accept me.

If I see them, I'll pass on your sentiments.

Thank you and GFY.

Clark

Yeah, but I have it on good account that those that do, LOVE you! (like maybe a certain son who goes hunting and fishing with you?)

And thanks for the GFY, Haven't had one of them for a bit, wonder what I've been doing wrong.

Geno

PS, now carry on with the political discussion. We need more contention around this place.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
like shutting down chat rooms and forums that terrorist meet at so that no one can go there? like shutting down recruiting sites so impressionable teens don't want to sign up?

I'm good with that

We do that now if we can. Are you saying Trump is that out of touch that he doesn't know that?

What you don't appear to know is that it's impossible for the US to shut down all sites that do that. It's impossible to shut down even a small portion of sites that do that.

If a server is in Saudi Arabia, how do you think the US can shut it down? Did you think all servers on the internet exist in the US?

How do you shut down chat servers? They can pop up thousands and thousands of new ones every day.

It's a STUPID suggestion that's impossible. It makes the thought of building a wall across every inch of the southern border look like pure genius.

Anyway, never mind. It's obvious that his low information bloviating has a lot of adherents.

sure they can , and yes, hundreds more will pop up every day

but you don't sit around like a total pussy and just shrug your shoulders. If you shut down 5, that means you've disrupted hundreds of them. Its going on today, and everyday.
You're going to tell me that we have the ability to fly a drone on the other side of the world and put a bomb on a car with a terrorist in it, we can write code that will override the turbines in Iranian nuclear plants, and we can intercept communications from satellites in space - but we can't disrupt chat rooms servers running in Saudi Arabia?

Yea, those chat rooms admins are some firewall ninjas. We don't have a chance.

Trump is talking about getting control of the out in the open stuff - like facebook pages and the like where you have to bring in the CEOs and get agreements on policy changes - just like the NSA did in creating backdoors and providing metadata on users.

low information indeed

Last edited by KFWA; 12/08/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
like shutting down chat rooms and forums that terrorist meet at so that no one can go there? like shutting down recruiting sites so impressionable teens don't want to sign up?

I'm good with that

We do that now if we can. Are you saying Trump is that out of touch that he doesn't know that?

What you don't appear to know is that it's impossible for the US to shut down all sites that do that. It's impossible to shut down even a small portion of sites that do that.

If a server is in Saudi Arabia, how do you think the US can shut it down? Did you think all servers on the internet exist in the US?

How do you shut down chat servers? They can pop up thousands and thousands of new ones every day.

It's a STUPID suggestion that's impossible. It makes the thought of building a wall across every inch of the southern border look like pure genius.

Anyway, never mind. It's obvious that his low information bloviating has a lot of adherents.

but you don't sit around like a total pussy and just shrug your shoulders. If you shut down 5, that means you've disrupted hundreds of them.

You're going to tell me that we have the ability to fly a drone on the other side of the world and put a bomb on a car with a terrorist in it but we can't disrupt servers running in Saudi Arabia?

OH, we could do that easily enough, but what else is running on those servers and who else (besides a few terrorists) might be relying on them for business purposes? And what effect would it have on the world's (our) economy?

Oh, another minor inconvenience, last time I checked the Saudis are still considered an " ally" no? (now there's another whole discussion to start up here someday)

Big can of worms one opens to "close that internet".

Geno

In it is contentment

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm good with that

We do that now if we can.

but you don't sit around like a total pussy and just shrug your shoulders. If you shut down 5, that means you've disrupted hundreds of them.

You're going to tell me that we have the ability to fly a drone on the other side of the world and put a bomb on a car with a terrorist in it, we can write code that will override the turbines in Iranian nuclear plants, and we can intercept communications from satellites in space - but we can't disrupt chat rooms servers running in Saudi Arabia?

Let's see... what web sites might radicalize somebody? Hmm. Well, just about any middle eastern web site. About any islamic web site. About any web site which allows discussions, PM's, or chats.

There could be a frigging hundred islamists on the campfire using the PM's to communicate and who the heck would know? We could have a dozen ISIS imams radicalizing and recruiting terrorists who are under strict orders to never post publicly here, just use the PM's.

How to prevent that? That's what Trump is suggesting. We have to shut down portions of the internet to prevent their ability to recruit and radicalize. Not to go after them AFTER we see them recruiting. But to shut it down so they can never START.

Tell me how you're going to do it.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are heavily engaged in computer espionage now - we are disrupting, monitoring, hacking and killing off sites/computers everyday - just as our enemies are doing to us.

I assume you guys are taking the word shutting down literally as in powering off or otherwise disabling

and when we are listening in on the PM of Germany, the barrier for ally is loose at best when it comes to computer espionage.

Besides, as I said earlier - Trump is talking about calling up policy makers

Its pretty obvious our government is not the least bit concerned with protocol at this point in hacking and disruptions of service/service denials.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We are heavily engaged in computer espionage now - we are disrupting, monitoring, hacking and killing off sites/computers everyday - just as our enemies are doing to us.

I assume you guys are taking the word shutting down literally as in powering off or otherwise disabling

and when we are listening in on the PM of Germany, the barrier for ally is loose at best when it comes to computer espionage.

Besides, as I said earlier - Trump is talking about calling up policy makers

Its pretty obvious our government is not the least bit concerned with protocol at this point in hacking and disruptions of service/service denials.

That was what I thought folks were meaning. As in "destroying". Permanently.

However if one means somehow denying service on one "application" on any given server, then one is not "taking down" the server, correct? And business for the rest of the folks using that particular server could proceed normally.

I do think the USA has the capability to deny service to one or more programs on a server, however we then again get into a problematic area with our "allies" (however loosely we use the term) as to why we are compromising systems in their sovereign territory. We, the USA that is, certainly wouldn't agree to such antics against our facilities should one of them decide they don't like "the Campfire" forums. No?

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trumplestiltkin is completely off the charts. I can't believe so many useless idiots still think he's the guy. Just because he's not Hitlery? That's NOT enough.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
who are the Trump haters gonna vote for , if he gets the Repub nod ??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

THAT is exactly Trump's purpose , to divide the GOP & hand the election to hildabeast , & that is his ONLY purpose. He is not running for president , he is running for hildabeast & the clinton machine.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

THAT is exactly Trump's purpose , to divide the GOP & hand the election to hildabeast , & that is his ONLY purpose. He is not running for president , he is running for hildabeast & the clinton machine.

Mike

you didn't answer the question......who are you gonna vote for if Trump is the Repub nominee ??

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (11point, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,044 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,582
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.