-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
...after shooting Mathews for years. Best compound I've ever shot. The new Mathews' leave me cold.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
What model Elite did you get?

I've been very happy with my '12 Answer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've looked at them and they seem to be a nice bow, but I haven't shot one yet. What makes it the best compound bow you've ever shot?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm an Elite shooter and so is my son. In fact I have my sons '13 Answer for sale in the classifieds here right now (shameless plug) because he just came home with a new I-31 yesterday. We got it set up last night and it's shooting lights out. He loves it, I still like that silky smooth draw cycle and rock solid back wall of the Answer. Great bows...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I picked up a new Synergy. What makes it the best I've shot? It is so dang smooth. And it has a solid back wall and a good valley.I don't know, its just how it feels, which is obviously subjective. Never will bash Mathews, but if you fudged at full draw most of them would about rip your arm off smile The Elite I feel like I have to push forward to let down the draw. Dead quiet, incredibly smooth, reasonable speed. Plus it has a lifetime warranty that is transferable. And if something would happen to your bow while on a hunt Elite will ship a setup bow to your location. Pretty impressed overall.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 63lb draw switchback is by far the best bow that has taken the most game in my life.

After fooling around with an elite energy 32 set to 70lbs ( I did not know this) I asked about the draw weight. It felt heavier then the switch back by a little bit, but the draw cycle was very nice about the equal.

I was so surprised when he told me 70 lbs! We turned it down to 63, the draw cycle is different but as nice. Then with my arrows through the chronograph using the switch back I see 272fps. With the elite at the same weight it's 293. 21fps different at the same draw weight.

It's a tiny bit stiffer draw, but the cams roll over smooth and the dead stop back wall locks it in place.

Bought one the next week. I've not shot anything better, and was one of those last die hards to say I'll not buy another bow when my switchback Does everything I need.

I'm shooting 28.5" 67lbs and right at 295 fps with 440 grain arrows. It's really a great bow. I've since robin hooded a half dozen times and shot a viper trick through a quarter at 25 yards on a bet.

Killed about 3-4 bears, deer, and a pickup load of turkeys with it.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They have taken a huge swing in the target world. They now have Levi Morgan, both Rio and Logan Wilde and handfull of other contenders. will be interesting to see how they do at Elite.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I picked up a used Energy 32 this year. I really like it. I only hunted one morning with it this year. I told myself I wasn't going to shoot a little one, but I couldn't help myself

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,592
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.