Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Guess I'll be holding on to the couple that I have. Was thinking about off-loading 1 or 2. Not now.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by 65BR
Cheaper...makes me think China....

Yep...sad day. Stock up now.

Santa in the brown truck just dropped one off here, as I'm reading this. I ripped the wrapper off, and checked to see if the "C" word was mentioned.

Nope, still says "USA * Designed * Machined * Assembled"

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
One benefit to reading the optics forum is that we can get reviews of products that aren't even made yet. I love it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
One benefit to reading the optics forum is that we can get reviews of products that aren't even made yet. I love it.

laugh

Only on the Fire Optics Forum.

Tune in, get it here first.

DF

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
And there's never a good review on the new "not here yet" product...only downers...lol!

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by kraky111
And there's never a good review on the new "not here yet" product...only downers...lol!

laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guarantee you Leupolds NOT going to discontinue one of their best selling scope models.
And any Leupold Rep or tech I've talked to on the phone have been very helpful and very knowledgeable.
I can though, see them lowering the price, to fend off their competitors.

Still Made in the good ole USA with a Un-beatable warranty! And they will certainly continue to get my money!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

True, I just don't trust cheaper and better in the same sentence.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Do you trust the new version of the SLC HD from Swarovski that came out a year or so ago? It's a "cheaper", better version of the previous SLC HD.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
There's "cheap" and there's "less expensive"...

DF

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Do you trust the new version of the SLC HD from Swarovski that came out a year or so ago? It's a "cheaper", better version of the previous SLC HD.

I don't keep up with Binocular technology. There's only a couple places within a 100 miles of me where you can see over 200 yards hunting.LOL. We don't spend much time glassing in this part of the country.

I suppose anything is possible. I just tend to be pessimistic with every company in America doing everything possible to increase the profit margin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw,
I've never liked Swarovski and Zeiss for one reason or another has never been my date of choice either, however, Leica has done as much in the past 7 years to destroy my confidence in them as any tier one company I can think of... I seriously don't which direction I will go when my Ultravid BLs go south or my APO Televid 77 is ready to head out to pasture, to say nothing of the other six or seven items I bought from them... They have lost my faith. I guess it will be Swarovski or Zeiss. Leica has largely abandoned, from my experience, their most loyal customers... Disgusted.

Regards, Matt Garrett.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Btw,
The BEST Leica Binoculars I even owned were the Trinovid Ultra BA & BN 8x42s. I could literally kick myself for buying the hype to upgrade. Could have kept both for the price of the Ultravid... Good binoculars don't go down all that quick and there is only so much light that glass and coating can transmit. Diminishing returns and all that...

Regards, Matt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hell, that's 90% of E's posts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw,
I've never liked Swarovski and Zeiss for one reason or another has never been my date of choice either, however, Leica has done as much in the past 7 years to destroy my confidence in them as any tier one company I can think of... I seriously don't which direction I will go when my Ultravid BLs go south or my APO Televid 77 is ready to head out to pasture, to say nothing of the other six or seven items I bought from them... They have lost my faith. I guess it will be Swarovski or Zeiss. Leica has largely abandoned, from my experience, their most loyal customers... Disgusted.

Regards, Matt Garrett.

Because of what ? Warranty issues ? How did they abandon their most loyal customers ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I
Still Made in the good ole USA with a Un-beatable warranty! And they will certainly continue to get my money!

I don't mean to pick a nit, however, I had a rather exhaustive group of pictures on this forum in 2006 I believe when I received my discount scope for being a gunsmithing student at CST. Every scope received had gone from "Made in USA" to "Assembled in USA". I could be wrong, it has happened before, however I have no faith in most so called American Companies maintaining but so much domestic manufacture for long. FOR ONE THING most people will preach "Buy USA" on one hand and buy "Made in China" at the Wal-mart that evening... It takes a little bit of wealth, time for research, and the ability to flex a bit to actually buy "Made in USA". You can also realize you are going to lose some battles as some industries are simply GONE... I like to think about this country as it was in the 50's. It was a tougher time, however, I've yet to find anyone but those looking for a handout who do not say it was a better time for this country...

When buying a riflescope turns depressing you have reached a new low...

Regards, Matt.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Leupold sounds like a company run by committees.

Reminds me of a Baptist Church... blush

DF

Don't get me started on THAT, for everyone's sake.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone know of any current "deals" on these? Looks like several of the places I usually look to are out of the standard duplex. Cabela's appears to still have them and I'm considering burning a $30 coupon...

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Tombstone Tactical. Have to add them to your cart to see the real prices.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes, checked there and they are out of stock.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.