-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 92 of 111 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 110 111
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was a great hunt full of great people. Lots of pigs, good food and good beverages. Glad to talk to everyone I met last year and meet all the new guys. GeeDubya and BirdWatcher are both both a pleasure to talk with and a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks to Dan for putting this on again and for the great briscit.
Pat nailed the shrimp that Roger brought.

Colorado Bob is a fine shotgun shooter and it was pleasure visiting with him about Colorado.

Bunch of greats folks

Shout out to Lawson aka Junior. The Marine Corp will soon be getting a fine young man. Thanks in advance for your service. I heard someone ask you why you were joining the Marines and you Stated "Because I Love My Country" That dang near brought me to tears. Best of luck to you young man. I know your Parents are proud.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Looks like a great hunt! Waidmannsheil!!!!!!

Glad all made it home safe!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First, glad everyone traveled safely

Many thanks to Dan for picking this place and organizing it. It went very well, and I'd welcome the chance to attend again next year. Thanks to everyone who contributed food & drinks. Enjoyed the shooting as well, thanks to all who brought cool guns to shoot and admire, especially Bob and Gordon, who brought some memorable guns, like the Ross Rifle and the Shiloh. smile

It really great seeing everyone - a group of guys who all come from very different backgrounds, yet to a man they are fine gentlemen in every sense of the word. It was also neat seeing Steven and Lawson again. With young people like that out there, maybe our country has a bright future after all. smile

I wish I'd brought a longer camera lens, there was some wonderful wildlife to view. One of those colorful green jays:

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Shout out to Lawson aka Junior. The Marine Corp will soon be getting a fine young man.

Indeed, and we would all be proud to have such a son cool

Since the place was only about 90 minutes away from me I headed out there after work Friday to stop in and say hello, intending to return that same night. Needless to say I ended up staying all day Saturday too, returning after the great dinner Saturday night.

After everyone left for the blinds about 5:30am Saturday morning I waited outside in back of the range to listen to the sounds of the brush country and to watch the sun rise about an hour later; an absolutely beautiful dawn, one of the best I can recall.

At these Campfire gatherings I am always surprised to find how well you can get along with someone you have talked to for years yet never met in person.

The other thing is, I am humbled to be able to call such an exceptional group of people my friends.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like your get-together/pig hunt was a blast. I gotta make one of these someday..... In the interim, I reckon to settle for the mini-po-boy-version. Some guy stopped by for a hog-prairiedog shoot. We also had a blast.....Thanks for a fun day, Ed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Huntsman22, It's good to see you guys got together, Rio7

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Looks like everyone had a great time. rio7

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great hunt and time with everyone. Company was great, weather was great the last couple days, and plenty of critters.

Here's a chuckle for ya. I've joined Bob's "retired Navy SEAL club," apparently.

Just got settled in my seat for flight San Antonio to Charlotte when a flight attendant approaches me with, "The Captain needs to speak with you."

OK, sure. No idea.

The attendant direts me to the gangway and the Captain is standing there, out of earshot of the crew. He looks agitated and serious. Went like this:

Me: "Hi -." Cuts me off.

"What agency you with?"

"Hm?"

"What agency are you with?"

He's a bit red in the face. I cock my head like a dog, looking at this guy.

"What government agency do you work for?" He's clutching a piece of white paper with old-school courier printer type on it, arranged in blocks of text.

"I'm not sure what you mean" I reply.

Now he's looking right pissed off.

"Where's your weapon?" the Captain demands.

I paused a moment looking this guy in the eye, analyzing WTF he could be getting at. I did realize earlier I'd forgotten and left my rifle ammo in a drop mag in my hunting pack, rather that put it back "in the factory box" as the American Airlines desk insisted it be when I'd checked in. Did he have a hard-on for that, I wondered? Nah.

I sighed, put my hands in front of me to describe the shape of my bag. "Look, I've got a big green duffle bag full of hunting gear and a hard double rifle case if that helps you."

"Is your weapon in the belly of this aircraft," he demands, still deadly serious and looking worked up. It strikes me how silly a question it is, being as I'm the passenger on his plane. I don't deal with what bags go where, afterall, long as they show up. So I give him my best Columbo shrug.

He's staring me down when a moment later his shoulders slump and he ceases with the tough guy schtick. He's looking down at the manifest again. "There's been some miscommunication. You can go back to your seat."

So I guess I ended up on some secret squirrel list by accident. Would speculate maybe weapon carrying gov't employees are supposed to check in with the pilots and since I didn't, he was in a tizzy about it? Funny chit now, but man was he all worked up about it for a couple minutes. I kind of wanted to F with him right back, being as I hadn't anything to hide, but playing head games with your pilot isn't the brightest move before takeoff I reckon, so whatever.

And I didn't even have a trident on my carry on like Bob did!

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sandcritter

"What agency are you with?"

I heard you were an operator...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He's staring me down when a moment later his shoulders slump and he ceases with the tough guy schtick. He's looking down at the manifest again. "There's been some miscommunication. You can go back to your seat."
--------

You're a far more patient and tolerant man than I am, Dan.

He wouldn't have simply gotten away with his "miscommunication" comment were that to have been me speaking to that presumptuous, pompous ass.

Great seeing you again and best wishes to you on your Montana gig. I could see your happiness.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
He would have been answering some serious questions.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image]

some pork!

[Linked Image]

Someone said the total take was 46 hoglets brought in!

Not to shabby, even by Texas standards.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
With a bunch passed on and a few that were lost after the shot.

It's a hog hunting ranch, no doubt.

Dan had a great find.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Pat, being the generous man he is bought me a bunch of stuff from Bucees, including a T-shirt I saw my stepson wearing this morning before I even unpacked the damn thing.

Welcome to my life.

And our other Pat, bought me some beaver balls.

I took Bucees snacks to every blind.

On top of that, Pat also saved me the TSA hassle by letting me use his 22-250 that was just a lethal bang-flopper on pigs.From the TSA nightmares I heard Joe and Brian suffered at Dulles, Pat likely saved me a couple extra hours at the airport.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did Ed shoot any with His .45 auto? Good job guys. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. He just lit them up with that little ruger american ranch carbine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image]

GWB

Believe that was geedubya's first morning haul, wasn't it?

grin

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Geedub had 4 dead within an hour!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He said he was laughing while shooting them that morning.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
The highlight of the hunt for me was sharing a blind with Ltppowell. We enjoyed the scenery and Pat was learning me on hog tendencies. The cherry on the cake was for Pat and I to take a double with the 1-2-3 count and the shots barking out in as close to unison as possible.Pat head shooting his boar contorted and facing backwards and me ventilating my boar thru the heart with the .444(which BTW leaves a very distinctive blood trail)

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 92 of 111 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 110 111

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.