Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RyanTX Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
More specific, I hate the commercialization of Christmas and all of the crap that goes with it.

I hate having to spend money on a freaking gift card for a relative that we see or talk to once a year (if that) and just have them turn around and buy you a gift card for the same amount to some place you don't even care to shop. You keep your money, I'll keep mine and we're both happy.

I hate that, even though I buy stuff all year round for my wife and she has 5 new outfits under the tree, if I don't buy crap for her stocking then she has hurt feelings and I feel like a dick.

I hate putting up with all of the a-hole/ignorant drivers that get even stupider this time of year and there is 10-fold of them on the streets right now and you can't freakin get anywhere.

I hate when coworkers give me a gift cause then I feel like a dick if I don't give them something.

I hate getting Christmas cards that just have some goofy catch phrase that rhymes and just has their name signed. If you don't think enough of me to write something personal, that's fine but keep the stupid card or send it to someone else.

Merry Christmas everyone.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scrooge

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sounds like your problem. I don't send sheit out. I've never felt compelled to give someone something just because they gave me something.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's the spirit. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Sounds like your problem. I don't send sheit out. I've never felt compelled to give someone something just because they gave me something.

That explains all the years I sent gifts and got nothing back...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Festivus is your huckleberry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate the shopping frenzie and congestion but most people are pretty generous this time of year.....Just yesterday I finished up a little cabinet repair work for a gal I know and not only did she pay what I asked without bitching but she gave me one of those gift baskets with fancy chocolate, smoked nuts, and cheeses AND a bottle of my favorite Rye.....

And NO.....I don't feel obligated to give her a gift....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I sympathize with you on the drivers. Everything else, you can do something about.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Festivus is your huckleberry

I can't afford the high strength aluminum pole that seems to be a vital part of the Festivus decorations. frown

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least give the dog a bone. Tail wagging is priceless.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Not true...I recall once upon a time you sent me some money and I sent you a rifle...

R
RyanTX Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

I guess, in my frustration today, I wasn't clear in my rant. I like giving thoughtful gifts to people I care about and to those in need. I am thankful when someone I know gives me something that they put thought into (regardless of cost or no cost).

I hate when my wife buys a gift card for a brother-in-law or an uncle or whatnot that we hear from once every couple of years and they just do the same thing. And I'm Scrooge if I say don't send them anything this year. And I still hate the flood of stupid drivers on the road.

I guess that also means my thread title isn't very accurate on the whole, but that is how I'm feeling today.

Last edited by RyanTX; 12/23/15.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by jmcdguns

Not true...I recall once upon a time you sent me some money and I sent you a rifle...

I'm sure he would have had hurt feelings if you hadn't.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It was Dads birthday. He loved it. I do too.

But I"m with you on the commercialization of it all.

We buy very little, something for Mom, something for her Mom, we don't buy each other anything. We buy for our God Child. And our best friends and their parents that are like our second parents.

I don't buy anything for anyone at work etc....no one at the fire station, nothing else.

Unfortunately I get to meet most of the really stupid drivers, even put them in body bags now and then....

I like the Christmas season songs. I love the lights. I like the time of year.
I love the story of hope.

The rest of it.... eh blah. Or is that blah humbug. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lest we forget

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk9rv2hUfA&sns=em [/video]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I think whats worse still.. yesterday we got paged to a wreck with serious injuries... get there and know the folks. The cars had no damage. One rear ended the other supposedly. The driver is the father of a local "man of cloth" and he was howling in pain... and yet when we did our patient assessment, nothing matched....

Found out later from some other EMTs, I'd never had him as a patient, he is frequent flier, and well attached to attorneys'....

Literally here, for GODs sake... preacher, Christmas season, and you are out for pain meds and money...

Wife even called me when we were done, she saw it all happen,she wanted to know why we transported him... She said bull... no one got hurt in that bump, our gravel road is rougher than that tap... LOL.

In the meantime,

Merry CHRISTmas!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hear most of what you are saying Ryan and that pretty much echoes much of what I see. There are parts of the season I enjoy and some I can easily do without.

Thoughtful and meaningfull stuff given to deserving people I enjoy being part of. Like today, I am building a metal spinning target for my nephew who is just starting to shoot a .22.

R
RyanTX Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Lonny
Like today, I am building a metal spinning target for my nephew who is just starting to shoot a .22.

That's awesome!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ryan, I'm pretty much on your side. The greatest day of the year is coming up Saturday, Dec. 26th.....cause its 365 days before we have to do this crap again. grin But only about 190 days before the retailers start their "Christmas in July" schit. frown

maddog

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh for cryin' out loud! Suck it up Buttercup, quit yer' whinin' and send me a dang gift card for Cabela's!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 61 invisible), 3,274 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,589
Posts18,532,385
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.