Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ingwe
Was recently contemplating a Glock myself, so went and handled a couple at the LGS....

Still feels like a 7th grade Shop Project to me....

I like SIGs....... whistle

As I venture off in to conceal carry land I was leaning Glock 26 but after shooting my son's M&P Compact 9mm I believe I will be going in that direction.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This move makes a lot of sense for a military unit that pushes their handguns hard. Sig's are great, but the lower receiver is a PIA where repair is concerned. I'd literally rather take apart any other lower than a Sig. Glocks are butt ugly, but they do work.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I only have one Glock, a G20 that I've pushed pretty hard over the years. Early on I replaced the recoil spring with a heavier one, also replaced the plastic spring guide rod with a real one. It's a good 100 yard carbine IMO. Low maintainance high performance, butt ugly.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I honestly don't know which is a better pistol but if you just bought a new Glock 19 the article is a fun read. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I find it amusing when lads say that the Glock pistols "don't fit my hand/grip".

If you are a collector and a shooter of any kind you most likely have many different shaped pistols which may or may not "fit your hand". Simple solution....adapt !!!!!!

My Ruger Vaquero "feels" different than my 1911, perhaps I should sell the 1911!

OR

My AR15 "feels" different than my Rem 700, so I'm off to sell the Rem 700.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Redhill
I find it amusing when lads say that the Glock pistols "don't fit my hand/grip".

If you are a collector and a shooter of any kind you most likely have many different shaped pistols which may or may not "fit your hand". Simple solution....adapt !!!!!!

My Ruger Vaquero "feels" different than my 1911, perhaps I should sell the 1911!

OR

Sounds like you are getting it.... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

OR

Grock's don't fit my hand, the 19's finger grooves don't fit my fingers, the 17 does however but both of them point high for me. Not a big deal if you have time and the eye sight to acquire the sights then adjust.

But my Sig 228 points just fine and so does my M&P9. I wish the Grock would've worked for me, I even sanded down the finger grooves on a 32 I had and found a Gen 2 19, that took care of that issue. But nothing made them point right.

Everyone shoots different pistols, rifles and shotguns better than others. You can put up with it or get something that fits. Fortunately, the M&P is every bit as reliable as the Grock and my 228 is more accurate than any other pistol I have while still being 100% reliable. We have lot's of choices these days.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

OR

Grock's don't fit my hand, the 19's finger grooves don't fit my fingers, the 17 does however but both of them point high for me. Not a big deal if you have time and the eye sight to acquire the sights then adjust.

But my Sig 228 points just fine and so does my M&P9. I wish the Grock would've worked for me, I even sanded down the finger grooves on a 32 I had and found a Gen 2 19, that took care of that issue. But nothing made them point right.

Everyone shoots different pistols, rifles and shotguns better than others. You can put up with it or get something that fits. Fortunately, the M&P is every bit as reliable as the Grock and my 228 is more accurate than any other pistol I have while still being 100% reliable. We have lot's of choices these days.

Good post. I also really like the sig p226. I had a beautiful west German made 226 for over a year, but sold it because I was more familiar with my old 3rd gen smiths. I've also never had a failure with the sigs or the smiths. I do a lot of shooting where familiarity trumps anything else as long as the accuracy and dependability is there. If I were to choose between the M&P and Glock, it would be the M&P, but in a pro series. That's just the type of shooting I do however...The Seals are a smart enough entity that they should be able to make the right decision on pistol choice, if it is their choice to ultimately make. If the Government has the ultimate say-so, it could come down to the $500.00 toilet seat scenario.... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I had to send that link to a friend of mine that shoots at camp perry pretty regularly. He will choke up. Took him years to buy a Ar15 as we all know about the M1A, and he does love his .45acp 1911.

I talked to a guy a number of years ago shooting in the desert next to me. He was a special forces kind of guy. Started in the stans with a beretta, switched out to a hiPower, but finished with the glock 17. His comment was even in the dirt/dust/sand, it always went bang.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't get me wrong, if I had to shoot a G19, I could and would without hesitation. A man can get used to anything but since I am able to choose for myself I choose otherwise.

It's just comical how divided the Glock/non Glock arguments are. One side says they are perfect as is (all 4 generations), the other side says they are 2x4's ready to go kaboom. As always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The SEALS will do just fine.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TWR
A man can get used to anything

Anything?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
He did say MAN

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

If you are a collector and a shooter of any kind you most likely have many different shaped pistols which may or may not "fit your hand". Simple solution....adapt !!!

No problemo

http://www.thesixgunjournal.net/glock-30-grip-modifications/

[Linked Image]

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Your an ass.

I haven't been annually qualified in pistol and M4, either. Not only an ass, but not even an American in good standing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
He did say MAN

Anything?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What the hell - my .02

I like the Glock I have, I've liked the 1911's I had better. This isn't about G19 vs JMB 1911 tho.

My time in the Navy wasn't with the Teams. I was fortunate enough tho to be friends with a BUDs instructor and Team member while in A school. And by extension the other SEALs that attended as they all kind of hung out together.

Basically told me that if there was something he wanted to carry - he could. Doesn't surprise me that Glock's been in use with those guys for a while.

I'm also sure that if someone wants, 5 years from now he can get a Sig 226 to carry as well. It's not going to be a switch or edict saying "Thou MUST carry Glock G19"

SEAL guys shoot A LOT, that much is evident - they'll shoot the hell outta whatever you give them.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Glock 19 is the best defense handgun you can buy. Good choice by the Seals

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Travis/Dave/Pedro, "anything" applied only to the context of this thread.

Rocko.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If one cannot shoot a Glock, they can't shoot anything else either.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
From a buddy of mine;
"You can't blame Glock, Sig should have never made their pistols that accurate. "

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 24 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,503
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.