Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
President Barack Obama announced he will not endorse or campaign on behalf of any Democratic candidates who refuse to endorse new gun control measures in a New York Times op-ed published Thursday night.

“I will not campaign for, vote for or support any candidate, even in my own party, who does not support common-sense gun reform,” Obama wrote in the editorial. “And if the 90 percent of Americans who do support common-sense gun reforms join me, we will elect the leadership we deserve.”

In the past, Obama’s pledge likely would have affected a sizable number of Democrats from rural and conservative districts who took strong pro-gun positions. But over time, those Democrats have steadily evaporated.

Only four Democrats voted against a universal background check bill in 2013, and of those only one, North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, is still in office. Heitkamp won’t be up for reelection until 2018, and she may not have wanted Obama’s help winning reelection anyway. As a result, Obama’s promise is more of a statement that strongly pro-gun Democrats are not welcome in the party.

The op-ed follows his executive order on gun control issued this week, which circumvents Congress in order to compel more gun sellers to carry out background checks for buyers. Obama shed tears while calling for national action to end gun violence in a public address Tuesday, announcing the executive order.

As he did in his speech Tuesday, Obama compares gun control to civil rights achievements, such as ending slavery, in the op-ed.

“Change will be hard,” he wrote. “It won’t happen overnight. But securing a woman’s right to vote didn’t happen overnight. The liberation of African-Americans didn’t happen overnight. Advancing the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans has taken decades’ worth of work.”

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sorry Bernie...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Who in the wide, wide, world of politics would want that loser's endorsement/help anyway?

Be the kiss o'death.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I support "common-sense gun reform"

1)Eliminate gun free zones
2)Arm and train as many teachers that would participate
3)Firearm safety and shooting in all public schools
4)Remove restrictions on suppressors
5)Remove all record of sale after every background check, including hard copy at FFL shop
6)I'm sure there are more.....

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
democrats are too stupid to own guns anyways.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Obama presumes he is the head of the party now.
That position is occupied by Wasserman-Shultz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeez, O not showing up to campaign for a pro-gun candidate. Who's not the winner in that deal?

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
obama lies, people die.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That might not make an impact to the Ds in Congress, but it's going to cause some waves for those conservative Ds in state legislatures. I'm thinking specifically about the Southern "blue dog" Ds in coal and tobacco country.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm all in favor of common sense gun reform, such as repealing all the unconstitutional gun laws.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
That might not make an impact to the Ds in Congress, but it's going to cause some waves for those conservative Ds in state legislatures. I'm thinking specifically about the Southern "blue dog" Ds in coal and tobacco country.

I live in Coal and Tobacco country.

I haven't heard of any Blue Dog politicians bemoaning the fact that Obama isn't showing up to stump for them.

Most of them are pretty much, "Lawd have mercy,...I hope that negra stays home".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by 4ager

I live in Coal and Tobacco country.

I haven't heard of any Blue Dog politicians bemoaning the fact that Obama isn't showing up to stump for them.

Most of them are pretty much, "Lawd have mercy,...I hope that negra stays home".

Not the point. More along the lines of the R or I candidate being able to directly point to the D national platform that is openly, adamantly anti-2A on all points espoused by Hussein. Those blue dogs are losing more and more of their margin of victory every cycle, and this will likely cost another couple their seats.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Welcome back, Bris!!

I doubt anybody buy the media and the gun haters took notice of O.

Haven't heard much from our wunnerful NRA or the repubs. Has anybody?

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So if your a dem and u suport rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights....u are a loser?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by atvalaska
So if your a dem and u suport rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights....u are a loser?
Not a loser: extinct!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those people, states, and local jurisdictions that are not far left are considered to be the enemy of the government.

Hillary already stated as much.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Pro-gun democrats aren't welcome in his party?

Seriously?

BOTH of them? laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,656 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,948
Posts18,499,003
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.