Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have no dog in this fight, but that proposal is about the stupidest line of reasoning I've ever heard.

With friends like that, hunters don't need enemies.

My proposal would be something like this: deer season in TN opens on September 1 and closes January 31. So long as you have a legal tag, you can kill the deer with whatever weapon floats your boat.

Other than success rates, the weapon used has no effect on herd management. The length of season has no effect either. Just manage your tags for what herd you want. All the other regulations are simply political (not biological or logical) means of taking away freedom.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't about Tennessee, but here in Kentucky in the zone I live in, there is no limit on does. The local Mennonites think this means they can kill 20 per family, and they're doing it without any concern as to what's going to happen in the future. One of my Mennonite neighbors invited his family from Pennsylvania down to hunt his farm, and we counted 18 shots opening morning on 70 acres, only about 5 which is wooded. Of course, I'm sure a lot were misses, but they have go crazy over deer hunting and the prospect of free food.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
The deer herd in Tennessee varies from ares of overpopulation in Middle and parts of West Tennessee to fairly plentiful on the Cumberland Plateau to semi-scarce in the mountainous east. I live in a county where poaching has been a major problem since deer were first reintroduced. By the time that modern firearm season opens many of the best bucks have been poached. Still, our deer herd was decent until we had a breakout of EHD about 5 years ago. We lost a lot of deer and the population is still recovering.

Edited to add that I have seen few other hunters during the month of December. I believe the deer do get a break since the seasons are so long. No longer do hunters have to plan vacation time during the short seasons to get their deer. Now the season is long enough that hunters are not falling over one another.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 01/11/16.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"ve always thought long seasons were easier on the animals.

If I was only given 10 days or such I"d be out all day every day after em...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by BossHawg
Yes, you are a E L M E R.
Id much rather shoot a few does when I see em.(for my Mennonite corn flavored jerky, which is sliced btw, not ground)than a club footed 7 pointer that "had it coming". Thanks for playing E L M E R. Heres a tip, try to sit still for more than 5 minutes at a time and throw those stinking azz Pall Malls away while trying to hunt

we can change ish around all day long, it still circles back around to the fact that you are a Elmer and a Shiiity hunter. Keep hunting the Ft., nothing like wasting precious time while unemployed azzclown

Last edited by BossHawg; 01/11/16.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
East Tn people think they are somehow entitled to West Tn. They mismanaged and spot lighted all of their plentiful heard stocks. Now they want to burn up our resident does with their Type 94.

I will go to the commission meeting and propose a $50 per doe tag. That should slow down the riff raff.

Us landowners are tired of spoonfeeding you tapioca off of our holdings. About because you claim you need 14 goddamm deer to feed your white trash trailer park rugrats.

You're a dumbass prick as usual. Fixed for the other prick...hard to reply while on a cell phone.

How much does East Tn hunters contribute to Middle and West Tn's economy during deer season? I would bet it's a significant amount.

East TN has never had the deer numbers that Middle and West Tn have. Middle and West Tn have more crop fields and habitat for deer.

Do we have poachers sure and so do you guys but it doesn't hurt your numbers because there are so many more deer per square mile. Our numbers have increased but our farmland and hunting areas has decreased due to a increase in population and paper companies selling off their land to developers.

West Tn suffers from no industry and there are few jobs that pay well. I pay $1200 for a 100 acre lease. The guy I lease from has around 34 farms. Guess who leases all his land but his farm that he hunts? It's people from West Tn. So lets not start ranting about the East Tn folks coming to kill your poor deer.

Leave the season alone if anything open bow season a week or two earlier and open muzzle loader for a week at the most two.

Open gun season around the second or third weekend in October.
Give 10 antlerless tags per hunter.
Georgia has a nice season similar to what I said above.

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 01/11/16.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Originally Posted by slumlord
East Tn people think they are somehow entitled to West Tn. They mismanaged and spot lighted all of their plentiful heard stocks. Now they want to burn up our resident does with their Type 94.

I will go to the commission meeting and propose a $50 per doe tag. That should slow down the riff raff.

Us landowners are tired of spoonfeeding you tapioca off of our holdings. About because you claim you need 14 goddamm deer to feed your white trash trailer park rugrats.

Your a dumbass prick as usual.

How much does East Tn hunters contribute to Middle and West Tn's economy during deer season? I would bet it's a significant amount.

East TN has never had the deer numbers that Middle and West Tn have. Middle and West Tn have more crop fields and habitat for deer.

Do we have poachers sure and so do you guys but it doesn't hurt your numbers because there are so many more deer per square mile. Our numbers have increased but our farmland and hunting areas has decreased due to a increase in population and paper companies selling off their land to developers.

West Tn suffers from no industry and there are few jobs that pay well. I pay $1200 for a 100 acre lease. The guy I lease from has around 34 farms. Guess who leases all his land but his farm that he hunts? It's people from West Tn. So lets not start ranting about the East Tn folks coming to kill your poor deer.

Leave the season alone if anything open bow season a week or two earlier and open muzzle loader for a week at the most two.

Open gun season around the second or third weekend in October.
Give 10 antlerless tags per hunter.
Georgia has a nice season similar to what I said above.

WOOOOOOO, I felt the wind off of that slap as it breezed by but it's YOU'RE not your
as in

Your feelings got hurt or
You're butt hurt over the truth

Last edited by BossHawg; 01/11/16.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blah blah blah

All you east tn [bleep] stomp the woods flat at ft campbell. All we ever see is dumfukks from roane , greene, bradley.

Drive 5 hours to kill a spike or a 45 lb doe. All because you "need meat for your babies"

Blah blah fuggin blah

I pay zero$$$ to hunt 307 acres of family land, 253 I live on.

So blow some more cash on your 50 lb fawn.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If it were me a state would say that a person can take X number of deer per year. Wouldn't matter if you decided to punch your tag in March or December. Who gives a [bleep] when you want to take a deer.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by contendershooter
I proposed a similar proposal over the past several years but have changed this proposal after speaking with several hunters and response from the previous proposal. I am asking TN hunters to take the time to answer this survey and I will tally the results and send the proposal to the TWRA during the public comment period for the 2016-2017 hunting season. Before knocking the proposal please take time to read the proposal on the survey One respondent from another local TN hunting blog brought up the fact the deer get a break, do realize there is no break after archery as youth season starts, then a week of archery, then Muzzleloder, then gun. A gunshot is a gunshot regardless from a firearm or muzzleloader

Thanks fellow hunters and Campfire.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HYZ62LX

Also, the 2nd Saturday in November is NOT correct. The 1st Saturday in November is when ML season begun in 2012, it's relative the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving.

So in 2016 you would have GUN start on the 12th, when ML would start on the 5th.

So in short, blow it out your ass.

Last edited by Steelhead; 01/11/16.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never hunted Ft. Campbell FYI.

I lease this property so I can take my kids hunting and they love it.

I am not fortunate enough to have 307 acres of family land. I'm sure if you didn't have the access to land you would have a different point of view.

As for does being killed I killed two this year and my son who is 8yrs old killed his first two deer ever. Memories I will cherish forever. I could have killed a lot more but I didn't. I also passed on several small bucks.

These smiles says it all. So keep up the classy as usual comments I expect nothing less from you.

[Linked Image]

Last year my daughter killed her first two deer and I killed one doe.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 01/11/16.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If it were me a state would say that a person can take X number of deer per year. Wouldn't matter if you decided to punch your tag in March or December. Who gives a [bleep] when you want to take a deer.

Scott, that's what I like about South Gerogia's season. You can kill 10 does whenever you want. I think it's two bucks with one having at least four points on one side.

Don't necessarily agree with the four pt restriction.

- Michael Friedman

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Who are you??
The game commisioner?
Eliminate a wekk of archery.

Last edited by TBREW401; 01/11/16.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Take this stoopid idea to TnDeer
I'm sure they will love your Fuuuuukktard idea

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Yes, you are a E L M E R.
Id much rather shoot a few does when I see em.(for my Mennonite corn flavored jerky, which is sliced btw, not ground)than a club footed 7 pointer that "had it coming". Thanks for playing E L M E R. Heres a tip, try to sit still for more than 5 minutes at a time and throw those stinking azz Pall Malls away while trying to hunt

we can change ish around all day long, it still circles back around to the fact that you are a Elmer and a Shiiity hunter. Keep hunting the Ft., nothing like wasting precious time while unemployed azzclown

bwahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
lots of support for the proposal

bwahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Fuuuuukkkkin Troll

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Fuuuuukkkkin Troll

smirk laugh

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Just get rid of special seasons for archery and ML.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think this will bring more hunters in the woods earlier in the season. There is a marked increase in woods traffic b/t the first Saturday in November and the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I actually like the fact that deer aren't spooked (and change their routine) during the first Saturday in November. Your proposal would change that I would think.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 1badf350, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,179
Posts18,503,250
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.