Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Lenz Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Every day I dream of buying another rifle , another caliber . I eat and sleep rifles
I can only hunt whitetail deer where I live so I don't need anymore than I already have and don't need those. I have been taking the same rifle hunting for 25 years now even on the exotic hunts I go on the same rifle ( Dr Death ) Rem 700 7mmSTW . I had it built before it was a production rifle . I have killed so much with it I lost count , I have more than I need but I want more. Yes I'm sick ! Anyone else have this addiction? Lol

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lenz,

Welcome to the 'fire. I sorta know the feeling. I'm tired of making wildcats and spending money on them instead of hunting. I plan to hunt more an fiddle less.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
7mmSTW

You could even Hunt deer in upstate NY with that one.

;-)

I hear ya though. Less is often more.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I bought six more this holiday season... I need an intervention!

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Lenz
Every day I dream of buying another rifle , another caliber . I eat and sleep rifles
I can only hunt whitetail deer where I live so I don't need anymore than I already have and don't need those. I have been taking the same rifle hunting for 25 years now even on the exotic hunts I go on the same rifle ( Dr Death ) Rem 700 7mmSTW . I had it built before it was a production rifle . I have killed so much with it I lost count , I have more than I need but I want more. Yes I'm sick ! Anyone else have this addiction? Lol

Switch to handguns for awhile.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No cure in sight. The "fix" gets more expensive as the addiction grows.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

Switch to handguns for awhile.

Travis

I've switched to handguns several times.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Get back to me when you're buying rifles for your grandkids who are likely 10 years out.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You are in the wrong place if you are looking for a support group.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Quality over quantity.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Quality over quantity.

Quality and quantity.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Always room for one more.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Always room for one more.

Closets, rafters, corners etc.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I am confused over this quality/quantity thing.

Among the last few dozen rifles I've acquired there's been a very nice Sauer drilling in 6.5x57R/16x16 (with a .22 Magnum Rimfire insert for one shotgun barrel), a New Ultra Light Arms .257 Weatherby, a Jack O'Connor Model 70 Commemorative with above-average wood even for that model, and a Winchester 1886 in .33 WCF. But in between there have also been several "affordable" rifles, the models including the Ruger American, Savage Axis and Thompson/Center Venture.

I like all of them, though some more than others. Is this a sickness or merely what PC people call "inclusiveness"?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hi my name is Tim and I'm a Mauser 98 junkie...After I get the 2 I'm working on now finished I'm done...this time...really...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No.

It's what Psychologists and Psychiatrists call a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry. Dysfunction in these circuits leads to characteristic biological, psychological, social and spiritual manifestations. This is reflected in an individual pathologically pursuing reward and/or relief by substance use and other behaviors.

'Other behaviors' for this group is possessing, shooting, buying, selling, trading, modifying, loading, cussing and discussing guns.

We are addicted to guns.

Hi, I'm Deernut and I have a gun problem...

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
I truly wonder why we are this way! I know we are ....I'm just not sure why!

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I told the wife last year that I'm done. I got more calibers now than I have time to reload for or, even shoot, since most all my rifles are used strictly for hunting. OK, now I am looking for another 45-70, this time in a lever action to devote entirely to hard cast bullets. Hmmm, this new ploy may work for a couple more new rifles. Yep, I'm sick…just not crying out for help just yet since I might find another good buy.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Someone needs to come up with a twelve step program.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,470
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.