Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't go to a restaurant so I have to get up and get my own food.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm hating this current rage around "small plates," i.e., a way to charge you the same for 1/2 the food. It's so prevalent that I just mainly bag going out.

Have one place that cooks a mean bone-in pork loin chop. Goes well with a Ketel One martini.

Murphy was a grunt.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Some of the hunting trophies in the Dakota restaurant:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Donny don't you have any real pictures not taken of their website? I'm pretty sure you couldn't heat a can of soup on your own.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Donny you are a fruitloop any one who doesn't like your bs you do this to "This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message." laugh my ass off at you puzzy!

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dawggone
Donny you are a fruitloop any one who doesn't like your bs you do this to "This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message." laugh my ass off at you puzzy!

Haha, the third person I know of that is ignoring me!

ETA: some one quote me so Dumb Ass Don can see both our post!

Last edited by calikooknic; 01/24/16.

Sean
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No town nearby here but when we do go it's all the chain crap. IE rib crib, chillies, crapplebys. Noting worth setting at, no treat to eat out my wife and I can outcook any of them so why spend money on junk????

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
We have a pretty good steak house.. For something diff. for my wife we usually hit the Wed. special in the winter..

30 miles northwest, we have a super Mexican place.. Family owned, it has ruined me for Mexican food else where..

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Man, some of you folks are really suffering. It's so easy for us folks down here in south FL to find a good place to eat out, I guess I probably take that for granted sometimes, and new ones are popping up all the time.

Not too long ago found a new taco joint in Ft Lauderdale. No bigger than some people's walk in closets, but the real deal.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We are pretty spoiled here in the Houston area. Every type of food imaginable w/in 20 minutes of my house and the prices are very reasonable compared to most major metro areas.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gregg, I will second that on taco joints and Mexican food. La Esperanza's in Cutler is one of my faves. No lack of taco trucks either. Just like truck stops, look for long lines and get in.

Sean
IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many great restaurants nearby, but usually expensive. It takes effort to ferret out the affordable places that are good. Mostly I cook for myself.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
pal, that's gotta suck. The competition here is what I believe keeps quality up and prices down. Also, many of the good ones run specials or put out coupons.

Sam's right. Foodies here can eat great breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day and never go to the same place for weeks.

One of the good things about south FL. Can't remember the other one. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
we are going to try a new place tonight, well, new for us. Only a few blocks away, so we will walk.
Novocento. Argentinian bistro. Gets good reviews, and should be tasty.

http://www.novecento.com/index.php?option=com_ovacomposer&view=page&Itemid=139

greg, the other good thing about South Florida, is all the hot looking babes over at the beach. Sadly, none speak English. lol

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
we are going to try a new place tonight, well, new for us. Only a few blocks away, so we will walk.

greg, the other good thing about South Florida, is all the hot looking babes over at the beach. Sadly, none speak English, lol

Eie Papi, in a sultry voice with fingernails in your back, is all you need to understand!

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Locally we have a good mix of all sorts of cuisine from varied persuasions. It isn't what Bozeman was like 40 years ago before all the migration of people coming here to rape, pillage and modify this little piece of Montana to the diversity preferred by the migrants.

With all of that, a good restaurant has to know how to make a great burger, such as the York Bar...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
This sounds like a good one.. I used to have a couple favorite burger spots in Wy. But one has closed the other in Cody.. Will check this one out.. Thanks...

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

greg, the other good thing about South Florida, is all the hot looking babes over at the beach. Sadly, none speak English, lol

Eie Papi, in a sultry voice with fingernails in your back, is all you need to understand!

Funny chit, but true when it comes right down to it. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Locally we have a good mix of all sorts of cuisine from varied persuasions. It isn't what Bozeman was like 40 years ago before all the migration of people coming here to rape, pillage and modify this little piece of Montana to the diversity preferred by the migrants.

With all of that, a good restaurant has to know how to make a great burger, such as the York Bar...

[Linked Image]

Gotta have a great burger joint. Everything else comes after! smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

That looks good to me! When the wife and I were in Livingston some years back, we had breakfast in the restaurant that used to be the old RR depot. Their biscuits & gravy were excellent. Wonder if it's still there, and still good?

Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akjeff

[Linked Image]

That looks good to me! When the wife and I were in Livingston some years back, we had breakfast in the restaurant that used to be the old RR depot. Their biscuits & gravy were excellent. Wonder if it's still there, and still good?

Jeff

There is a restaurant there but over the years, ownership has changed. It is a decent place still, but your best meal within 100 miles would be down the street a couple blocks at the Montana Rib and Chop house...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,473
Posts18,471,466
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.