-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just got a new ranch truck, '08 F-350. Gotta couple things that bug me. Daytime running lights and dash warning. Is there any way to get rid of the auto-on headlights? How the heck is a guy 'sposed drive up on coyotes to shoot when feeding, with these damn things on? I thought that was what the manual switch was for....

The other thing is a dash warning that says tire pressure sensor fail. Any way to disable that, short of a $500 fix?

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depress the e brake one click. Should disable the lights.

Life is just one damned thing after another
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can't help with the headlights except to say there is most likely a way to turn them off. Trucks and cars today have some weird ways of disabling stuff. My Jeep has a manual with hill start assist. There is a crazy dance with turning the switch on and off while turning the steering wheel 2 turns left, than 3 turns right or something like that to disable it. Some other crazy routine to reset the oil change warning light.

You should be able to replace the TPMS sensor in the wheel. I found some on Amazon for about $40 each. The tire store charged me $10 to install it when one of mine went bad.

Don't forget to check the spare, you may not have a bad sensor. My Jeep doesn't pick up the spare, but my truck does.

A lot of folks don't like them, but if I have em, I want them to work. My wife and I spent 2 weeks camping and vacationing in Colorado in 2011. While driving home my warning light came on while doing about 75. I pulled over ASAP to find one tire completely flat. I'd hit something in the road that ruined a tire. The warning gave me a few seconds to get stopped. Losing that tire at 75 mph in my truck might have resulted in a bad wreck. That is why they are there.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Might the TPS just need reset. I have had that happen and took it to the garage in town. The guy put a handheld computer on it and reset them. Or, if it is similar to my suburban you can reset them by airing down or up per directions. But, that is for my burb so maybe not the same in a Ford.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I bought my pickup used and found the tire sensors had been removed so I have a dash light. It didn't take me long to learn to just ignore it. At least it's in an unobtrusive spot.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
All 2008 and later Ford Super Duty trucks can have the Daytime running lights enabled/disabled at any Ford dealer using Ford's IDS (Integrated Diagnostic System) to program the SJB (Small Junction Box) which controls the headlight function.

Click Here

Some Ford dealers might do this for free. Tell them you're shopping for a dealer you can work with for all future service and see what they say. Or try getting it for free along with other service work, like having your TPMS repaired.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Dunno if it's the same as for a F150.

It looks like you could try it out in under 30 seconds, to see if it works. If so, tape up the ends, & rock on.

Just a thunk.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
it looks like you got a 6.4 'stroke ?

if you installed an H&S minimax , you can get an add on that disables the TPS

I have a 6.4 with the TPS flugged up , like Rock Chuck , Ive just learned to ignore the light

if your emissions system is intact and the rig is still doing regens , be cautious of much idling while doing chores around the ranch

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A piece of electrical tape will fix the TPMS light.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
yeah, if you don't want to see the odometer or anything else.......

The one-click on the e-brake did the trick with the daytime lights. 2 clicks made things worse on the display. An obnoxious alarm clanging, and a flashing red e-brake warning light. That's way worse than the tire sensor warning.......

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 3,180 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.