Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What I saw first hand, and what I saw getting reported, don't jive....

I can see where ONE Minute is pretty frustrated with the Bundy Group, like others I talked to... .and some are not against them, they just don't like the attention and tension in their town...

There are like 8 guys left in the Malheur Facility.... yet I saw plenty of Feds armed to the Teeth....

Best way to describe it, reminded me sort of like the original movie RED Dawn.. except instead of commies running the town and taking over, it was Feds....

The Feds were definitely armed to the teeth....and manpower wise... I bet there are 50 plus armed Feds, for EACH Malheur protester....

Plenty of OSP out there also....and armed with ARs or M16s....al sporting 30 or 40 round clips...

Observed a batch of "convoys" of Feds coming into town from toward Bend on Hwy 20....saw several convoys of Feds lead by OSP Trooper's Cruisers.. hauling Flood Lights, Concrete Barricades, PortAPotties...backhoes, bull dozers...

Being former Military, its not hard to plainly see when the Feds are getting ready for some serious 'confrontation'....for 8 guys still left out there....

Hwy 395 North, was blocked off, by Armed State Troopers... talked to a few out them.. nice guys....

Was passed by a couple of Forensic's Vans.. one from the State Police and one from Deschutes County ( Bend), when I was west bound on US 20....

Driving on Hwy 20, the speed limit is 55 mph....all of these Fed Convoys of SUVs ( 8 to 10 in each) were traveling 80 to 90 mph, barely a car length between each....saw Sheriff vehicles from other Counties.. plenty of those... all 4 Door, 4 WD, 1 tons...

Local hotels parking lots, were full of low profile Cop Rigs... SUVs, Plenty of White Pick Ups with no markings, but State Plates or GSA Plates on them...

County Court House was all barricaded for fenced in parking... big temp sign out front to court house entrance on sidewalk... NO Knives, Weapons of Any Kind... please leave in your vehicles...

Plenty of Guards in Military Combat Garb and ALL Toting M16s, once again, with 30 and 40 round clips...

The Meeting the Bundys were going to up in John Day in Grant County was a legit meeting.. they still held it ( which I am sure wasn't reported)....

Personally with all I saw.... someone up high wants to end this incident, as it is getting embarrassing for the Feds...

They intercepted the Bundy crowd on an isolated spot of road, with a traffic pull over... "so as not to cause any hysteria" ( few if any witnesses)..... Personally I think that LeVoy Firricum was sacrificed to show the others, that the Feds meant business and were not going to be screwing around...

The Feds are giving as little info as possible, with the excuse "its an ungoing investigation"... and the one charge they are leveling at those arrested.. is "impeding a Federal Employee from doing their job".. general, because they can't seem to come up with anything better....as they don't want a bunch of sympathizers with money and law degrees coming to their rescue...

The Press was told to leave the Compound...they were told to exit their vehicles one at a time....each one having a sniper with a rifle aimed at their head.....then the OSP ran a back ground check on them... and then they were told to walk behind their vehicle once clearing the background check... and it was driven 500 meters, and then they were cleared to leave and told not to come back... the entire time of the walk, each had a sniper's cross hairs on their heads....Listened to that first hand, from several people who were out there reporting....

Those in the compound are told right now that they can leave... they have to go thru the same regimen.. on the spot background checks, their vehicle searched.... then driven 500 meters, with them walking behind it.. all the while with a sniper aiming at their head... one sniper per person.. not one guy covering 4 or 5 people...

of course the Feds are confiscating any and all firearms, etc...

The Feds were also claiming the Bundys had " firearms & explosives" on their persons when arrested.... I can't figure out why they would take weapons and especially explosives to a meeting, that was a forum for ranchers in a bordering county...

I am sure Obama or some higher up wants this over, as the Feds are going all out on this, and are armed to the teeth....stopping in my vehicle, I had several times, that I was looking at the business end of an AR....

I took pictures but not of individuals up close, just not to set them off....

I went out to Burns with an open mind....but my conclusion afterwards are the Feds are going way over board on this
Last time I saw this many M16s locks and loaded was when I was in the service, and out in the field...

... and taking OSP along with them.. but our Lesbo DemocRAT governor said she wanted this over also... so I am sure they were following her orders...

Today, you could have been doing 100 mph on Rt 20, and no State Trooper was going to stop you... as they were doing 90 or so heading to Burns and doing 90 west Bound going back toward Bend and points north from there....

Sad day to be an American out that way.. it was pretty shameful...

Block off the road and don't let the protesters leave, would have ended this long ago... IMO at least...

Even a local guy put it on a radio interview ( NPR), that he had never seen so many firearms... and Harney County has plenty of guns....

asked if he felt safe or intimidated, he responded "safe.... for every one of the occupiers with a Gun, there are a 100 Feds here with a high capacity magazine gun...."

pretty much what I saw around town and around the local area...

they are definitely upping their game ( the Feds)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the info,

Sounds like the feds and osp didn't want anyone out there (the occupiers that is) getting the idea if they started shooting they would survive.

Overwhelming force.

The deal with the press is somewhat disturbing, but I bet our LEO members would say not too overboard given the circumstances. Until fully checked out, the feds had no real idea who was out there with what capabilities. IED's can be made as easily here as in Iraq etc. Not a hard leap to make that one of the occupiers might decide to go that route under cover of being "press".

Sad state of affairs in a civil society.

Again, thanks for the update.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They did barricade a road.

You see the end result.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sad to see this kind of behavior from our public servants.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Happened to catch the interview on FOX yesterday. The Sherriff was in tears. The Feds have come and stomped on his County. They have no jurisdiction anywhere but in the Fed Park yet they have occupied the whole area with a display of Force, Intimidation and Submission to their authority. This overreach and breech of jurisdiction.

The Sherriff is legally the top of the Chain of Command in that County according to the Constitution. He has the Constitutional right to arrest and remove every Fed outside of the Fed reserve if he chooses to do so. Someone put the squeeze on him or he would not be allowing them to "Occupy" or "Intimidate" the innocent bystanders in this Town and County.

In my opinion I think he was in tears because he was so pissed at the Feds for what they did. You can bet that he negotiated the meeting with the local community and promised them safe passage. Then Wham! come the Feds. Yep, he was pissed...

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 01/27/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
glad to read about a different set of eyes there besides the 1sided reports we've been getting.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's a definite "spin" to what is going on.

Some people got the blood they were cheering for. A man is dead. Perhaps more to follow.

Has anyone questioned that the shooting even remotely met the barest legal requirements for use of deadly force?

As far as I can see, nobody has even claimed that through the entire incident, that even one civilian, or one LEO ever had a single gun pointed in their direction.

What bothers me most is the way this was handled.

It may not be obvious to all, but to some it is...

If public safety is threatened by a group of armed militants, the people in charge of public safety don't allow those people to go unchecked into town, or wherever they want. The compound should have been barricaded off, power and internet shut off, and no press allowed in for press conferences. No body comes, nobody goes. Negotiations from there are all in favor of law enforcement... it's not like there were hostages as a bargaining chip.

If the protestors wanted hostages, they could have snagged a whole convention of reporters right there at the wildlife compound, on many occasions.

The way the entire thing was and is handled is very deceptive, and very contrary to the way a situation like this should be handled.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Feds just created a bunch of Tim McVeighs. A lot of Feds and innocent bystanders will die over the next few years. I love my country but I loath and fear our despotic government. If the revolution doesn't start soon the government will have AI weapons and there will be a slaughter of Patriots and our current purgatory will go away and hell on earth will be born.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Some people got the blood they were cheering for. A man is dead. Perhaps more to follow.

Has anyone questioned that the shooting even remotely met the barest legal requirements for use of deadly force?

As far as I can see, nobody has even claimed that through the entire incident, that even one civilian, or one LEO ever had a single gun pointed in their direction.

If public safety is threatened by a group of armed militants, the people in charge of public safety don't allow those people to go unchecked into town, or wherever they want. The compound should have been barricaded off, power and internet shut off, and no press allowed in for press conferences. No body comes, nobody goes. Negotiations from there are all in favor of law enforcement... it's not like there were hostages as a bargaining chip.

If the protestors wanted hostages, they could have snagged a whole convention of reporters right there at the wildlife compound, on many occasions.

The way the entire thing was and is handled is very deceptive, and very contrary to the way a situation like this should be handled.

That's the whole thing in a Nutshell. Although they may have been wrong they were not truly harming anyone or Terrorizing the Community at all. They were only challenging the authority of the Feds on a local level.

The real Terrorists were the Feds who came in and took over a whole Community with a show of Force and intimidation that ended up being the true disruption and chaos that the locals were tired of dealing with.

This was a prime example of a Central Government taking unjust Authority over local jurisdiction by force and intimidation. This is starting to happen more often and every future Candidate running for Sherriff should be asked what they would do in a case like this.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's the whole thing in a Nutshell. Although they may have been wrong they were not truly harming anyone or Terrorizing the Community at all. They were only challenging the authority of the Feds on a local level.

The real Terrorists were the Feds who came in and took over a whole Community with a show of Force and intimidation that ended up being the true disruption and chaos that the locals were tired of dealing with.

This was a prime example of a Central Government taking unjust Authority over local jurisdiction by force and intimidation. This is starting to happen more often and every future Candidate running for Sherriff should be asked what they would do in a case like this.

While the particular cause of this event may not be something that inspired people to get behind it, (I'm included in that, as I don't feel like it was "my hill") the way this was handled and has gone down may indeed inspire more support from real Americans.

It just stinks.

Maybe the people at the refuge weren't right in what they did, but the way all this is being handled, and the lies and political spin coming from the Federales is reprehensible. It will gain way more traction... Not because of why the protesters were out there, but because of what stirs people as basic right and wrong. If people didn't see a "cause" before, I think this will convince lots of people that something is not right.

I hope the Federales are happy with what they have created.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
this was a pretty clean mop-up to a stinking mess.

lavoy stated that he would not go to prison and he won't.

you guys can cry all ya want but this $hit had to come to an end.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by toad

I'm glad you got the bloodshed you were wanting.

So.... minimum legal requirements for use of deadly force don't apply when you don't agree with something?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
the report I read stated that Lavoy exited his truck at the traffic stop with a firearm. tell me again about the legal minimum?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There was a remortgage by one of the other occupants in LaVoy vehicle who stated that LaVoy drove around the roadblock and got stuck, the occupants got into an argument, and LaVoy exited the vehicle and charged at the cops

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
the report I read stated that Lavoy exited his truck at the traffic stop with a firearm. tell me again about the legal minimum?

You got a link to that?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

here ya go.

LINK

"But Finicum, with police in hot pursuit, attempted to leave the main road and drove into a snow bank. When he emerged from the vehicle, FBI and state police ordered him to surrender. That's when, authorities say, Finicum reached down toward his waistband where he had a gun."

also of interest in that link:

"The shooting was captured on camera by the SWAT team. FBI and Oregon police officials are discussing possibly releasing the video, in part to counter claims by supporters that Finicum was gunned down while trying to surrender."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
There was a remortgage by one of the other occupants in LaVoy vehicle who stated that LaVoy drove around the roadblock and got stuck, the occupants got into an argument, and LaVoy exited the vehicle and charged at the cops

The interview I heard from the girl in the vehicle that witnessed the entire incident said he was walking to town because he wanted to speak with the sheriff, and had his hands up.

He yelled "Just shoot me." to the cops that told him to stop, as he was walking with his hands up. And they did...

She was also very clear that nobody, not one of the people in the vehicle ever touched their guns.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Nobody is crying dip$hit. That you don't find it disturbing, or at least worthy of a moment of pause, speaks volumes...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

It is Rumored that a "Central Government" once felt they had to clean up this "Mess" also...

[Linked Image]

Now a second is succeeding in doing so...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia

Nobody is crying dip$hit. That you don't find it disturbing, or at least worthy of a moment of pause, speaks volumes...

Regards, Matt.

you are a retard. he had every opportunity to walk away from that unscathed.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.