Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Looks like a good day was had! Congrats to I on the muley.

I did know I got banned, I did know you were younger than him, what I didn't know was that Sealbilly Sand Billy was so damn ugly, Never would have guessed. grin

Great post Doc, Please tell I I said hi and will call him soon.

Sorry boys, I got it wrong and have gone back to correct the OP. It was SAND billy that guided eyeball on that muley hunt.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
eyeball's mulie is outrageous. Howdy Docs.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice write up, Doc.

Guess I missed it, what got EB's balls in the ringer?

Sean
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Nice write up, Doc.

Guess I missed it, what got EB's balls in the ringer?

I'm not privy to why he's not able to post on the 'Fire, and don't care to know. That's between him and Rick. I just wanted to let some of his pards here know that he's doin' fine and got a nice muley that might be the new state record, and we shot some birds.

As for why his balls are in the ringer at home, I am not really privy to that, either, but apparently when I made my tongue-in-cheek comment in the OP that she wanted to rearrange my manly parts, it didn't help ol' eyeball's domestic tranquility none...
eek

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nice story Doc and you are correct about watching a good bird dog hunt more than the shooting part. My GSP is 5 months old and if he lives to see next season (his first obviously) he'll be hell on pheasants.

I might like to make fun of the men who hunt birds with me, and make fun of myself hunting birds, but a good bird dog makes his own fun and it's my favorite part of my favorite kind of hunting. Without our dogs, we men must hunt alone, and that is too lonely to even contemplate.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket

I did know I got banned, I did know you were younger than him, what I didn't know was that Sealbilly Sand Billy was so damn ugly, Never would have guessed. grin

Sorry boys, I got it wrong and have gone back to correct the OP. It was SAND billy that guided eyeball on that muley hunt.

Soooo, Sand billy is the ugly one aye? Maybe Troy ain't so hard to look at after all. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That Spanish-made copy of Holland & Holland SLE (minus self-opening mechanism) isn't that bad. The finest shotguns in the world are made in Europe. The only manufacturer of consequence in USA is CSMC over in CT making A.H. Fox shotguns. While the list is incomplete I will suggest some names to you: Holland & Holland, Purdey, McKay Brown, Georges Granger, Lebeau Courally, Beretta Custom Shop, Arrizabalaga,......Piotti,.....

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I won't argue with you regarding the quality of European shotguns. The Spanish guns are the best bargain among the European guns, in general, although the buyer should probably educate himself prior to buying. Terry Wieland's book Spanish Best is a great resource in that regard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man looks like fun. Hell of a buck too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice buck, and that would have been a fun trip for birds!

I wouldn't mind getting drunk with anyone posting on this thread.

Last edited by SamOlson; 01/31/16.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a hoss buck! Nice job Eyeball!

Doc, I may have missed it...what is that fancy pants sidelock? Looks beautiful.

Quail is my favorite bird to hunt. Never seems to be just one that flushes, and they sure as hell all go in a different direction. I think they make my dog just as crazy as they do me.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Soooo, Sand billy is the ugly one aye? Maybe Troy ain't so hard to look at after all. wink

I'll have you know I'm f'n gorgeous! I mean besides I could loose a little weight but other than that I'm gorgeous. I could also have a little more hair but I'm still gorgeous, maybe if my ass wasn't so flat I would be just a little more sexy but most people tell me I'm gorgeous. If hair wasn't growing out of my ears I could have any woman I wanted and when I trim it I'm gorgeous. If I got braces and my bottom teeth were strait I'd be a 10 but a 9.5 is still gorgeous.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nice story Doc and you are correct about watching a good bird dog hunt more than the shooting part. My GSP is 5 months old and if he lives to see next season (his first obviously) he'll be hell on pheasants.

I might like to make fun of the men who hunt birds with me, and make fun of myself hunting birds, but a good bird dog makes his own fun and it's my favorite part of my favorite kind of hunting. Without our dogs, we men must hunt alone, and that is too lonely to even contemplate.

Since my great Weimaraner "Buster" died, and his daughter Mara is old, blind, near deaf and wobbly, I've basically given up on bird hunting.
After the joys and thrills of great bird dog work, hunting without a dog is a pale and unsatisfying activity.
As retirement nears, our plans on traveling make it unwise to get another Weim puppy. It would be a disservice to the dog pend it's time on the road traveling in a travel trailer.
I miss it, and would love to hunt over someone else's dog if I had the chance.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Doc and Shrapnel, Black Benellis are damn sexy especially with a little mud on them it's the stud behind the gun that makes it work.

Doc, good thread and nice double. I look for subject matter over pics but both is great. Our Bob whites are all but gone, y'all are lucky to still have wild birds.

Last edited by seal_billy; 01/31/16.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I won't argue with you regarding the quality of European shotguns. The Spanish guns are the best bargain among the European guns, in general, although the buyer should probably educate himself prior to buying. Terry Wieland's book Spanish Best is a great resource in that regard.

I was thinking that hat should read Uggie. grin I have been shooting their boxlocks since the early 80's and own a handful. I will bring my Uggie slug gun to the hog hunt. Way back when I was chasing a particular 20 bore sidelock that a shop in Midland had. I had multiple exchanges with Terry who ultimately steered me away from the purchase.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Outstanding as always, Doc. Thanks for sharing

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!!!

I got it when it was first published and it compelled me to visit Eibar, Spain. I came back with an AYA and Ugartechea, both fitted for me at the factory by the owners personally.

If you read that book, you'll be buying sexy shotguns. I'm warning you!!!! smile

PS - Used the Ugartechea 28g just yesterday on quail, chukar, and pheasant. A beautiful blue sky day and good dogs to work over.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Good tale well told.

This ^^^^

Thanks for posting, Doc!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Doc

With all of the American dogs out of work, you couldn't find one to hunt with and had to use a POS foreign mutt...a kraut yet. You know we fought them in WWII.

grin

Sounds like it was a great day and I'm green with envy!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
'Tis indeed unfortunate that a fine thread like this one has to be prefaced with reference to naysaying by the manopausal clique here.

Chalk me up as being among those who are puzzled by Eyeball's banning and saddened by his absence. 'Tis another loss to the 'Fire.

Anyways.....

...I have always thought scaled/blue quail should be characterized as being dangerous game... ...on account of all the guys who must get heart attacks trying to get them to quit running and fly grin

Looks like a great time, congrats cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.