Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Mmm...I think they make an extension rear base DD with the right screw spacing for a H&H action.

I THINK that's what Gene S put on my Mashburn but I am not sure,since i used a Classic action (not a pre 64 ) for that rifle. I will take a picture of it and text it to you.

There is no doubt the DD is heavier, but for me not enough to worry about. My Mashburn weighs 7.5 pounds with scope and mounts.

I have DD's presently on the newest 270,that I hunted with this year. I will send pics of that as well. Might help if i weigh it.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Thanks Bob. I hate to say I am going to run mine until they break, but that's probably what I'll do.. I wonder what the weight difference is between the talley lightweight lows and a set of low Leupold dual dovetails??? I'm still actually contemplating getting a lighter scope on my 338 too....

Nice rifle BSA!

I don't know the actual weight difference between Talley LW's and Leup DD's but I do remember that the "in the hand" difference (of the rings) was very tangible when I was switching out several rifles from one to the other.

Talley's are pretty much perfecto in my book... simple = good, light = good, cheap = good...... Simple + light + cheap = GREAT! smile But the breakage is a concern. People do break Leup DD's as well so..... I think I'm gonna do like you, BSA, and just run them till they break. Which might be never.

Did you guys notice that Nightforce mount I posted about the other day? Similar to Tally's but with an integrated solid base. Planning on trying that soon. However I believe it's 30mm only.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Thanks Bob. I hate to say I am going to run mine until they break, but that's probably what I'll do.. I wonder what the weight difference is between the talley lightweight lows and a set of low Leupold dual dovetails??? I'm still actually contemplating getting a lighter scope on my 338 too....

Nice rifle BSA!

I don't know the actual weight difference between Talley LW's and Leup DD's but I do remember that the "in the hand" difference (of the rings) was very tangible when I was switching out several rifles from one to the other.

Talley's are pretty much perfecto in my book... simple = good, light = good, cheap = good...... Simple + light + cheap = GREAT! smile But the breakage is a concern. People do break Leup DD's as well so..... I think I'm gonna do like you, BSA, and just run them till they break. Which might be never.

Did you guys notice that Nightforce mount I posted about the other day? Similar to Tally's but with an integrated solid base. Planning on trying that soon. However I believe it's 30mm only.

Thanks Jeff. Hope all is well with you my friend. Bob has helped me out tremendously on the pre 64 model 70 stuff and I try to listen to him as much as possible. However, I still think I'll run the talleys. I may possibly do like Brad suggested a while back and glass bed the talleys to the receiver. Never tried this, but it sounds like a great means to strengthen them up and keep everything solid...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Things are great, other than giving my Talley's the hairy eyeball!

I've studiously avoided catching the P-64 bug. I can can as obsessed as the next guy.... maybe more.... over cool old well-made objects. And they are all of THAT.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leupold or Meopta 6x and good bino for Id

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,434
Posts18,470,811
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.