Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,569 of 1,842 1 2 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Condolences from me as well. may he rest in peace and I am sure he is proud of you all!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pam, Dave & Family,

Condolences & Prayers from up North.

Having faced this situation with Deb's Dad, in the last year, we know well the emotional rollercoaster you must be riding at present.

May be a little abstract, at present, but we planted a flowering pear tree, in a prominent position in our yard, to honour Bruce.

Nice to be able to look over & be touched by the flood of "good" memories, once past the initial pain.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Continued thoughts and prayers from our household too

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Pam, Dave and family,

Condolences from our family to yours. It is a tough time to say the least. We went through with Marilyn's Mother last year and Paul pretty well summed things up.

Like them, we planted a tree in our yard in her memory. Ours is a flowering crab and it bore fruit already this year with the deer, squirrels, grouse and other birds enjoying the small bounty.

Her Mother loved to watch the birds and animals at her feeders. I am sure she enjoyed watching from above as the tiny apples disappeared....

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Condolences, Dave to you and your family.

IC B2

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Condolences to the Shaw family. Everyone get's touched by this at some time in their lives, so sorry to hear it is your turn.

Stay strong, you have lots of love there to help see you through...

Lisa n Scott

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Prayers sent for the families.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pam, Dave, and family:

I am so very sorry for your loss. He sounds like a good man.

Godspeed,

Steve & Family

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Prayer's sent for all of you..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks very much everybody. We have just now gotten back home and are ready to try to get back into our regular lifes grooves, as best we all can.

Thanks again.

Something clever here.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sorry to hear of your loss.

It sounds as though he is a MAN that can and will live on in your hearts.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear
We need some prayers and good thoughts for one of our dear founders of this thread. I'm sure details will come as they get time. My heart goes out to you guys.....

Sent. Better late than never.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thank you everyone for the prayers and condolences.

This has to be one of the hardest things I've faced. Thankfully I've had Dave and the kids right by my side every step of the way. When I first heard the diagnoses and timeframe in September, I was upset but I kept thinking that I'd maybe have a year with dad. A year of more phone calls and more trips home to make up for lost time, to make up for all the times I didn't call and to make up for the times I didn't go home. But God had a shorter timeframe in mind.

I'm one week in not having my dad a phone call away. I'm one week in heading back to work tomorrow to try and get back in the groove...and honestly I don't want to go back. I want a little bit of normalcy but in baby steps. I wished dad could've seen Nate graduate in May, or our hunting cabin or the many cars that will be finished in our shop. I wished dad could've stuck around long enough to have Joey get his drivers license and go to his house to drive him back here to go hunting at our cabin. As my sister held her cell phone to dad's ear 10 minutes before he passed away, I wished I would've said more things to him.

I am thankful for having such a great man in my life and for the many lessons he taught me. I am thankful for the time I had with this great man so many called friend and I was privileged to call my dad.

Time will soften the pain I know and one day it will be ok. Thank you again everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it.

"I'm not crying!!"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Pam,

We have thought about you a lot since finding out the news and will continue to send prayers your way for healing and comfort in knowing that he is in a better place.

J & K

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm pretty sure I can speak, for the legion of online buddies the Shaw's have attracted to this wonderful thread.

If you need anything, throw it out there & we'll try to help, in any way we can !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just got back from the iron range. My moms uncle died. He was one of the Greatest Generation. Fought in WWII, European tour, was an electrician by trade, practical joker by nature. He was a wonderfully nice man and didn't like it when people helped him. Wasn't much of a hunter other than to fill his freezer with a deer, and he lived across from a lake and did like his fishing. Hard or soft water, he was out. Even used the old trick of dripping anti-freeze from a can at night to keep the hole open for morning. grin

In true fashion, he had a flag in the coffin, and was a prideful man. Tip a glass and in general direction for uncle bill tonight will ya?

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Done tzone

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine will be tea, but you got it, buddy.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
These are iron Rangers man...that tea better have something in it like whiskey.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Tom, but I've been "dry" for many years now. 'Lost my dad to alcoholism way back when I was 21. If I ever shoot another deer, I'll have a beer to celebrate, but that'll be about it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,569 of 1,842 1 2 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.