Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Once GWB hooked up with Dick Cheney it was a train wreck in the making....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Rubio has enough cut out for him trying to best Trump in Florida.

Hillary vs Trump ...Hillary 44 to 41
Hillary vs Cruz ...Cruz 46.8 to 45.5
Hillary Vs Rubio... Rubio 47 to 44.5

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by winchester70
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I couldn't possibly care less about courting the Democrat votes. As soon as you find yourself doing so, you're already submitting to their wants. In my opinion, the perfect candidate is a guy who gets ZERO Democrat votes because at least I know he stands for what I want. Let's just friggin man up and win based on conservative principles for a change. Everyone here bitches constantly about the Republicans cutting deals with Democrats and now people are already saying we have to pick someone that the other side likes. It's madness.

Well said, sir. There sure are a bunch of pansy a$$ Democrat lites around the fire these days. President's McCain and Romney made such good use of that "Independent vote"!

That's all f^^kin' wonderful, if only there were enough 'conservatives' to win a national election. There isn't...

Actually, several respected polls have shown that about 75% of the Republicans consider themselves conservative. And I would say, quite a few Libertarians share many conservative values that would not be represented by a RINO.

You have one of two options:

1. You can nominate a RINO, like we have tried multiple times, and attempt to lure the mushy middle, and get lackluster conservative turn out.

2. You can nominate a conservative, lose many of the mushy middle, have a more robust Republican turnout and possibly lure in many Libertarians.

We can argue all we want about which numbers would be bigger or smaller than other numbers but we'd be pissing in the wind because we don't know what would happen until it happens.

All I know is that in an attempt to lure in the mushy middle with people like Romney and McCain failed miserably because the base didn't get the vote out. So doing the same strategy a third time seems, well, insane.

I don't want a guy that appeals to indecisive people that don't have strong convictions. That kind of guy is gonna give up the "W" you desperately want, and then when he gets in office, we'll all complain for 4 years about how no one ever stands up to the Democrats. And those people will be the same ones that wonder why it all happened.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Is giving one hell of a speech right now! I have been undecided but this speech might have swayed me to the Rubio camp..

Talk is cheap & actions speak volumes.

I listened to his speech last night.......went on & on & on, all for a 3rd place finish.

He's never been a true conservative & I really doubt that he's now become one either.

MM

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
38% of Americans claim to be "Conservative" Of that 38% only about 20% have a "Conservative" voting record.

Liberals now make up about 25% of the Country.

Moderates remain the largest voting block.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It really doesn't have anything to do with how conservative or moderate the GOP voters are.

The GOP was occupied several years ago and those who did so work to put people who adhere to their instruction in office.

As a result, a large protest vote has sprung up within the party that refuses to go along with those who would use the party for its own gain.

So don't worry about Rubio.

He might win the GOP nomination, but he'll never win the general.

The only GOP candidate who has a chance of winning the general election is the candidate who has the support of the protest vote.

It's been that way for quite a while.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Harry M
38% of Americans claim to be "Conservative" Of that 38% only about 20% have a "Conservative" voting record.

It was the 'conservative' that sat on their azz at home the last election.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by bowmanh

I don't entirely trust Rubio on immigration. But he's a strong candidate, and is a conservative who could likely win the general election.

Saying that you don't entirely trust rubio on immigration is like saying you don't entirely trust a crack hoe to watch your house for the weekend.

I don't entirely trust Trump ON ANYTHING, based on such irrelevant reasons as his ON THE RECORD stances on everything from guns to healthcare...oh and I forgot, Israel too....

Twimp is taken entirely on faith by the disciples. What and who he is and has been seems to have no bearing.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And if the decision comes down to stealing votes from people who don't share my values and priorities, and simply increasing the turn out of those who do share my values and priorities, I'll take the latter every time. If we nominate someone because of their ability to get along with the people we don't agree with, we deserve every ounce of pain we receive after the election.

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It really doesn't have anything to do with how conservative or moderate the GOP voters are.

The GOP was occupied several years ago and those who did so work to put people who adhere to their instruction in office.

As a result, a large protest vote has sprung up within the party that refuses to go along with those who would use the party for its own gain.

So don't worry about Rubio.

He might win the GOP nomination, but he'll never win the general.

The only GOP candidate who has a chance of winning the general election is the candidate who has the support of the protest vote.

It's been that way for quite a while.

Yep, sitting on your hands has sure worked so far. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm just the messenger,...although there shouldn't need to be a messenger at this point.

There's 2 GOPs. The "pissed off" GOP and the establishment/neocon GOP.

The "pissed off" GOP is informed,...they know the score, and they're not going to vote for any establishment GOP chitbird in the general election.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I posted this here about 3 days ago. You guys tell me if he has "changed" since the Gang of 8????

Rubio urges against mass deportation as fix to immigration
By THOMAS BEAUMONT
Jan. 29, 2016 6:58 PM EST

3 photos
Marco Rubio
Republican presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., speaks during a interview with The... Read more

MUSCATINE, Iowa (AP) — Republican presidential hopeful Sen. Marco Rubio said Friday that if he is elected president, he will not look to deport 12 million people in the U.S. illegally, and will instead propose solutions to accommodate those who have no criminal record.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Rubio, campaigning in Iowa ahead of the state's leadoff presidential caucuses, said that the realistic approach to America's problems with illegal immigration is to round up only criminals, while finding ways to accommodate the rest.

"We're not going to round up and deport 12 million people," Rubio said, speaking on his campaign bus from eastern Iowa. "Criminals can't stay. Felons, people who are dangerous — they are not staying."

"But we're going to deal with the people that are here," he added.

Sponsored Links
28 Lazy People Cleaning Hacks That Will Change Your Life
LifeMix.today
Psoriatic Arthritis: Tricks For Hydrations + 8 More Ways To Live Better
HealthCentral.com
Addressing reporters later Friday, Rubio noted that the approach he sees as feasible is to administer a background check for individuals who have lived in the U.S. "for a defined period of time." If passed, provide authorization for anyone in the U.S. illegally to get a 10-year work permit.

"We're not going to force it down their throat," he said in the interview, later remarking to journalists: "You have to learn English. You have to pay a huge fine. You have to start paying taxes. You get a work permit. And that's what you'll have for at least 10 years. That's my idea."

Immigration has become a critical issue for Florida's freshman senator, who co-wrote a lengthy 2013 immigration bill that detailed a path to citizenship for many of the 11 million immigrants in the country illegally. The legislation passed in the Senate on a bipartisan vote but ended up dying in the House. Rubio has since distanced himself from the sweeping bill, saying he wants to secure the border before dealing with the millions of people living in the U.S. illegally.

At the Fox News GOP debate Thursday, Rubio and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush squared off over immigration policy. Rubio said he never supported a pathway to citizenship for people in the country illegally. Former Gov. Jeb Bush asserted that Rubio did. Rubio was challenged to defend his past statements as a candidate for Senate where he opposed "blanket amnesty," but then went on to lead a bipartisan Senate group that would have allowed people to seek citizenship after a series of other requirements.

Speaking to reporters Friday, Rubio explained that "blanket amnesty" means "anyone here would be granted legalization or citizenship" and that the American people should decide what criteria should determine who can and cannot stay.

Accusations of flip-flopping ensued throughout Thursday's debate and into Friday.

In his closing argument to Iowa voters, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz cast himself as the only true conservative who can be trusted to keep his word, especially on immigration.

At a restaurant in Ringsted, Iowa, Cruz drew sharp contrasts between Rubio and national front-runner Donald Trump.

Cruz, fighting to retake his December lead in Iowa, took a swipe at Rubio, saying he campaigned for the U.S. Senate in 2010 by opposing amnesty for immigrants living in the country illegally, but then flipped his position after being elected.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, whose presidential campaign rests largely on how well he does in the Feb. 9 New Hampshire primary, charged both Rubio and Cruz with both changing their positions on immigration.

"Neither of them will admit it," Christie said during an appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"America needs a Washington-to-English dictionary so they can understand what these people are talking about," Christie said. "Sen. Rubio did not tell the truth on that stage."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In 2012, Republicans concocted a brilliant electoral plan. In a race fought over healthcare, they managed to nominate the only human being in America who implemented Obamacare before President Obama did. Now that the Democrat front-runner is Hillary Clinton, the original god-mother of single-payer healthcare, Republicans are on the cusp of nominating the one man in the GOP who has long championed Marxist healthcare policies.

"We’re going to work with our hospitals. We’re going to work with our doctors. We’ve got to do something. You can’t have a — a small percentage of our economy, because they’re down and out, have absolutely no protection so they end up dying from, you know, what you could have a simple procedure or even a pill. You can’t do that. We’ll work something out. That doesn’t mean single payer. And I mean, maybe he’s got no heart. And if this means I lose an election, that’s fine, because, frankly, we have to take care of the people in our country. We can’t let them die on the sidewalks of New York or the sidewalks of Iowa or anywhere else." Donald Trump

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I posted this here about 3 days ago. You guys tell me if he has "changed" since the Gang of 8????.

No. He hasn't

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] it I'm voting for Bernie sanders.... The top 3 republicans according to you guys are worthless... Uncle Bernie going to lead us to the promised land

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
So, now he calls it "accommodation" instead of amnesty.

I'll vote for Cruz or Trump, but I will NOT waste my time on Rubio.

I look at this thing like a bad marriage. You can elect Sanders, people will see what's going on, we can have a civil war, and get the divorce over with.

We can elect Cruz or Trump, and make some drastic behavioral changes, and continue the marriage.

Electing Rubio is like saying a half-azzed "sorry", and a week later, you're still stuck in a bad marriage, with nobody getting what they want, because you're too lazy to get a divorce or make behavioral changes....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I agree with that, I just think Cruz can't win in the general election.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's someone that can't win and it's not Cruz

Hillary vs Trump ...Hillary 44 to 41
Hillary vs Cruz ...Cruz 46.8 to 45.5
Hillary Vs Rubio... Rubio 47 to 44.5

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep so vote who you want and not what the polls say

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,529
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.