Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Johnny Manziel is in need of professional help, and his father fears that the Cleveland Browns quarterback could die if he does not address his problems.

Paul Manziel told the Dallas Morning News on Friday that Johnny has declined to be admitted to rehabilitation facilities twice in the last week.
“I truly believe if they can’t get him help, he won’t live to see his 24th birthday,” Manziel’s father said.
Manziel’s family first tried to convince him to check into rehab on Saturday — the day after his ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley told police Manziel hit her multiple times and threatened to kill her and himself. You can read some of the disturbing allegations Crowley made here.
Paul Manziel says he made another attempt to have his son admitted on Tuesday, but that Johnny was allowed to leave Carrollton Springs Hospital. Paul was upset that Johnny was allowed to walk away after he told a Denton County Sherriff officer that he believed his son was suicidal.
On Friday, Manziel’s agent Erik Burkhardt announced that he is parting ways with the 23-year-old. Although it appears Manziel will not face any charges from the latest incident with Crowley, Burkhardt said the quarterback needs help and to start holding himself accountable.
After details of Crowley’s allegations against Manziel were released, Paul admitted the Manziel family has been trying to get Johnny help. Police also questioned Manziel and Crowley following an incident back in October, and you can see some footage from that here.

Judging by the concerns Manziel’s father has, it sounds like football should not be a priority for Johnny at the moment.
msn.sports

I agree with the last line in the artical. This isn't a sports story but a human one.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The worst part is the kids who, with their parents' encouragement, looked up to him.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
May be his father should have tried a little harder when little Johnie first started acting like an azz, say when he was a pre teenager, this behavior didn't start in Cleveland.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
May be his father should have tried a little harder when little Johnie first started acting like an azz, say when he was a pre teenager, this behavior didn't start in Cleveland.

Agreed. I for one am enjoying the fiery crash back to earth..

Lets hope this Trainwreck swerves thru the Dallas Cowboys before it's all over...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Lets hope this Trainwreck swerves thru the Dallas Cowboys before it's all over...

I think this goes well beyond football, the crash has already happened. I for one hope he gets his schit together, and enjoys his life.

No need to wish for anyone to end up like Ryan Leaf.

Plus it is not like the Cowboys need him to phuqck things up. grin

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The boy has been and still is a spoiled brat that has never had to work for anything or be a responsible adult. What he needed as a kid and still needs today is a good old fashioned ass whipping. Rehab. B.S.

jimjr
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've known people with talent that allowed them to be good to great at everything all their lives. I've seen them crumble when they reach a point where they become just another talent in a large pool of talent.
I'm thinking that mister great looked out at the world and saw greater looking back, and it broke him.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The term to describe his behavior now seems to afluenza.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If Little Johnny hasn't "gotten it" by now, I doubt that he will.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NOW, Daddy Dearest is worried about him and please notice how it is someone else that needs to help his spoiled brat kid.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

I think this goes well beyond football, the crash has already happened. I for one hope he gets his schit together, and enjoys his life.

No need to wish for anyone to end up like Ryan Leaf.

Plus it is not like the Cowboys need him to phuqck things up. grin

what he said ^

no reason for me to wish ill will on JM or his family

it's one thing to waste your potential as a football player, cause that talent is a gift.

it's a whole nother enchilada to waste this gift called life that we each get.

3 kids here, 1 almost as headstrong as I was, the other two easy peasy.

there's some horses you can drag their azz to the water, but can't make em drink.

I was one and so was one of mine.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's done. Had a chance to go somewhere but ain't nobody going to touch him now. Plus he would likely fail a physical. Definitely drug testing.

I do feel bad for his family. They always seemed genuinely proud of his performance at A&M. Nobody is deserving of his ongoing BS antics. And hid dad appears to be trying to save his son.

BUT on a positive note ole bob123's stock just moved up!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Who cares just another P O S sports thug just different color than most no loss

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Who cares just another P O S sports thug just different color than most no loss

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well he signed the paperwork for the restraining order today. Good through 2018 to keep him away from his ex girlfriend. No guns at all.

His parents have moved into Fort Worth, so he's getting into JJ area.
JJ will now try to save him as soon as the price of a contract drops.
He loves that stuff.
I don't even remember who the last one was, but he'll put a team of people on JM 24 hours a day if he gets him just to keep him out of trouble.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,217
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.