Hop To
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Actually most people do think life begins at conception. As to those who believe it begins at birth, those we call idiots.

Any person who has listened to the heartbeat of a baby at the first ultrasound (generally 6-7 weeks) and NOT known and accepted that the baby they are listening to is alive is: 1) a liar, 2) delusional, or 3) some degree of an inhuman monster.

More emotional drivel doesn't make it your business

And what business is that, me paying for you to kill unborn children?

You haven't paid me anything, and I haven't killed anyone
You seem confused

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
You sure do post about yourself a lot.

I have tried to read what you post here and on others and do believe you really like yourself,although a bit to much.

It seems to me that anyone can believe/say what they want as long as it matches what you believe/say.

You sir are a card.

I don't care if anyone agrees or not

It's the other crowd trying to convince others they are the only ones who are correct.

If I talk about myself, it's due to others making comments about me instead of the real topic, much as you did yourself.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by dassa
Despite our inability to agree on when life begins, wouldn't a moral society err to the side of protecting life from the earliest possible moment that it exists?

Yes, but we have to come to some sort of an agreement as to the moment life begins. I am inclined to believe that it starts when consciousness begins, evidence of self awareness and the ability to respond to external stimuli or pain. Historically this is in line with the idea of the "quickening" that our ancestor believed in, a belief that was written into English common law.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not confused at all. I know EXACTLY what you are and what the likes of you are doing to this country and culture.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by NeBassman
The best we can do to keep women from making that choice is to find better ways at preventing unwanted pregnancies, and to be financially supportive of those who choose to bring life into this world.

As for the financial support; um, no. That LEADS to unwanted/unnecessary pregnancies. We have an entire subset of society that are nothing but breeders. That's their job, and the .gov pays them to breed in a perpetual underclass that are nothing more than leeches off of the productive in society. Various economic studies out of Detroit and other places have proven this.

As for better ways of contraception, what the Hell else is needed other than the choice to actually use them? We have: the pill, the morning-after pill, condoms, female condoms, diaphragms, multiple IUDs, and under-skin implants, and likely more that don't spring immediately to mind. For a person to actually get pregnant these days takes a CONSCIOUS decision to NOT use any of the myriad forms of birth control on the market. It's well past time that the "choice" being discussed move on from infanticide to the actual CHOICE being made to avoid any of the various forms of birth control - almost ALL of which are either free or exceedingly cheap to procure and use.

Struggling Colorado birth control program worked even better than thought, says health department

A program offering birth control to low-income teens and young women worked even better than previously thought, Colorado's health department announced Wednesday.

The initiative, which provided long-acting reversible contraceptives at little or no cost, dropped the state's teen birth and abortion rates by 48 percent from 2009 to 2014, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment found.

The initiative also has been credited with controlling costs associated with child birth - saving Medicaid an estimated $79 million from 2010 through 2012, the health department said.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
OK,i think i understand it now.
I am free to believe anything i want and can post such,as long as it conforms to what you believe/think.

OK i got it,you know so much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best we can do to keep women from making that choice is to find better ways at preventing unwanted pregnancies, and to be financially supportive of those who choose to bring life into this world.

As for the financial support; um, no. That LEADS to unwanted/unnecessary pregnancies. We have an entire subset of society that are nothing but breeders. That's their job, and the .gov pays them to breed in a perpetual underclass that are nothing more than leeches off of the productive in society. Various economic studies out of Detroit and other places have proven this.

As for better ways of contraception, what the Hell else is needed other than the choice to actually use them? We have: the pill, the morning-after pill, condoms, female condoms, diaphragms, multiple IUDs, and under-skin implants, and likely more that don't spring immediately to mind. For a person to actually get pregnant these days takes a CONSCIOUS decision to NOT use any of the myriad forms of birth control on the market. It's well past time that the "choice" being discussed move on from infanticide to the actual CHOICE being made to avoid any of the various forms of birth control - almost ALL of which are either free or exceedingly cheap to procure and use.

Struggling Colorado birth control program worked even better than thought, says health department

A program offering birth control to low-income teens and young women worked even better than previously thought, Colorado's health department announced Wednesday.

The initiative, which provided long-acting reversible contraceptives at little or no cost, dropped the state's teen birth and abortion rates by 48 percent from 2009 to 2014, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment found.

The initiative also has been credited with controlling costs associated with child birth - saving Medicaid an estimated $79 million from 2010 through 2012, the health department said.

No schit, huh? There are a multitude of contraceptive options available. The CHOICE to use them is the CHOICE that should be talked about.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by plainsman456
You sure do post about yourself a lot.

I have tried to read what you post here and on others and do believe you really like yourself,although a bit to much.

It seems to me that anyone can believe/say what they want as long as it matches what you believe/say.

You sir are a card.

I don't care if anyone agrees or not

It's the other crowd trying to convince others they are the only ones who are correct.

If I talk about myself, it's due to others making comments about me instead of the real topic, much as you did yourself.

Of course you care whether someone else agrees with you. That's the only reason you keep coming back.

If you really didn't care what others thought, you wouldn't have opened the thread. If you really didn't care whether anyone else agrees with you or not, you'd have posted only once and walked away.

Take Bristoe, for example. He clearly doesn't give a schit what others think on this topic because he's never opened the thread. There have been many other threads where he's posted once and walked away; because he doesn't give a schit whether anyone agrees with him or not.

You, on the other hand, care deeply whether someone agrees with you; it's why you keep repeating yourself endlessly and coming back to every new post on the thread.

You're also the one who has, from post one by you on this thread, made the topic of your posts and replies about you ("minding your business"; "not caring what others think"; not caring whether they agree with you) instead of about the topic of infanticide funded by extorted tax dollars. You've not once addressed that topic on any meaningful level but have dozens of posts all about you, whether or not you care, why you think others should mind their business (even though you are incapable of doing the same), etc.

Yet again, your posts illustrate the opposite of what you profess.

[Linked Image]

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
Despite our inability to agree on when life begins, wouldn't a moral society err to the side of protecting life from the earliest possible moment that it exists?

Yes, but we have to come to some sort of an agreement as to the moment life begins. I am inclined to believe that it starts when consciousness begins, evidence of self awareness and the ability to respond to external stimuli or pain. Historically this is in line with the idea of the "quickening" that our ancestor believed in, a belief that was written into English common law.

If a pregnant woman is murdered why do our courts often charge the defendant with two homicides? Are the courts not effectively saying a life was ended?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We are all smart enough to know how babies are conceived and how not to conceive a baby. The only CHOICE is does the woman and man want to have a baby.

Once conceived, killing an unborn baby at any stage is MURDER!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Here is the current Federal Law on books also know as Laci and Conner's Law. It really does not settle the question of "when does life begin?"

Unborn Victims of Violence Act

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb".[1]

The legislation was both hailed and vilified by various legal observers who interpreted the measure as a step toward granting legal personhood to human fetuses, even though the bill explicitly contained a provision excepting abortion, stating that the bill would not "be construed to permit the prosecution" "of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf", "of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child" or "of any woman with respect to her unborn child."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the current Federal Law on books also know as Laci and Conner's Law. It really does not settle the question of "when does life begin?"

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb".[1]

The legislation was both hailed and vilified by various legal observers who interpreted the measure as a step toward granting legal personhood to human fetuses, even though the bill explicitly contained a provision excepting abortion, stating that the bill would not "be construed to permit the prosecution" "of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf", "of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child" or "of any woman with respect to her unborn child."

That whole act is vaguely insulting.

basically, its a person only if the womb holder intends on birthing them.

Gray area would be if she is killed on her way to the abortion clinic...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So if the parent wants to kill it. It's okay. If someone else kills it. It's a crime.

Glad we cleared that up. Tks for posting the law neb

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Historically speaking.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/445/Abortion-Abortion-in-English-law.html

The proposition that abortion cannot be homicide is reiterated by practically every major writer on English criminal law, from William Staunford and William Lambard in the sixteenth century, through Edward Coke and Matthew Hale in the seventeenth century, to William Hawkins and William Blackstone in the eighteenth century. Homicide was agreed to require the prior birth of the victim. Murder might be charged, according to Hale, if the woman on whom an abortion was performed died as a result. Murder also might be charged, according to Coke, if a botched abortion injured a fetus that afterwards was born alive and then died from its prenatal injuries. But where a fetus, even a quickened fetus, was killed in the womb, resulting in stillbirth, whatever the crime, it would not be homicide at common law.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
So if the parent wants to kill it. It's okay. If someone else kills it. It's a crime.

Glad we cleared that up. Tks for posting the law neb

Actually, no. It's only okay if one parent wants to kill it; which is a discriminatory law on it's face an abjectly against the various anti-discrimination laws and court rulings in the U.S. Of course, it's also only one parent that is financially obligated to pay, against their will, for the child if the other parent wants to raise it. Again, patently discriminatory on its face and against the various anti-discrimination laws and court rulings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Historically speaking.

The proposition that abortion cannot be homicide is reiterated by practically every major writer on English criminal law, from William Staunford and William Lambard in the sixteenth century, through Edward Coke and Matthew Hale in the seventeenth century, to William Hawkins and William Blackstone in the eighteenth century. Homicide was agreed to require the prior birth of the victim. Murder might be charged, according to Hale, if the woman on whom an abortion was performed died as a result. Murder also might be charged, according to Coke, if a botched abortion injured a fetus that afterwards was born alive and then died from its prenatal injuries. But where a fetus, even a quickened fetus, was killed in the womb, resulting in stillbirth, whatever the crime, it would not be homicide at common law.

Are you making a purely legalistic argument in defense of infanticide?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Historically speaking.

Are you making a purely legalistic argument in defense of infanticide?

You keep making the mistake of thinking something needs "defending".

That's just how it is, whether you like it or not.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

That whole act is vaguely insulting.

basically, its a person only if the womb holder intends on birthing them.

Gray area would be if she is killed on her way to the abortion clinic...

There is no gray area there.
Anything that isn't a legal abortion is illegal.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
God will hold accountable ALL those who committed and/or supported the killing of the untold millions of murdered babies. Period, end of story!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You honestly don't see the legal hypocrisy in that statement?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.