-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,571 of 1,842 1 2 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
all good things, thanks for the tips guys!

I started with 12oz curls during the game yesterday and those were easy. so I'll step it up and push myself, thanks for the encouraging words!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Dave and Pam and tzone, my condolences to you guys with your loss(sorry I'm way late). Not to interject but I have to agree with it being a rough time, my family had a close friend pass away in Oct (totally unexpected, 70yrs old), my step father-in-law in Nov(unexpected, 60yrs), my maternal grandmother (somewhat expected, 89yrs) and paternal grandfather (expected, 96yrs), a week apart in January. The good news is I have a cousin whose in his mid 40's with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and with his new treatments he's been doing since Sept, the tumors are continuing to get smaller and he is feeling better. So we keep praying, both for my family members and friends losses and hope there's no more funerals anytime soon. On a lighter note, thanks for a chance to get a few words of my chest and Ryan, sounds like you could just skip the 16ozers and grab a few 40's to power through and you'll be in fine shape :-D

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Heading to Alexandria to look at a school for Nate.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have a good trip Dave. 'Hope the school is what you guys are looking for.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
safe Travels Dave!

Condolences Justin on the losses you've endured this winter.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Holy smokes Justin! I'm sorry t hear of all this. Tough winter for the chickenbuck crew!

Safe travels to and from Alex Dave Pam and Nate!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Maybe you can add onto that shop Dave and Nate can start an engine shop?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Maybe you can add onto that shop Dave and Nate can start an engine shop?

Nate already mentioned that. Lol

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hope the visit went well, for the Shaw clan.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Morning boys & girls,

Welcome to winter in the north !

Phairley phrosty here this am.

-36*C, which just happens to be roughly the same in *F !

Factor in the wind chill & is a spastic -43*.

Drove the first kilometer (.7 mile) on square tires, till the air warmed up in them.

BbbbbbbbbbbbbRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You go on ahead and keep that up there. We're perfectly happy with six degrees under no fahrenheits.

-36, we've seen it before, don't care for it much. lol!

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ended up passing on the rifle, so no pics sorry guys.

you guys can keep that weather, we were at 61 today and it was awesome. I was sweating in a hoodie by 10 am smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
27 degrees here in South Carolina this morning. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.I am not used to weather this cold at this time of year. Yeah yeah I know it's cold up 'nort but this is the cold weather we here is the sunny South were supposed to get in December and January.
Oh well,I guess this too shall pass and I can finish getting my January pruning done.
Stay warm Chickenbuckers.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Doggone it! I would have enjoyed meeting you Dave! If he comes to school here, he has a friend for sure. I would be more than willing to help him out. The school here has a real good reputation around town if that helps any. Especially LE. What is he going for?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was thinking of you, that's kind of why I dropped that info here when we were on our way down. lol

I don't know that we will be back to the school, but it's not because we weren't impressed, because I was indeed very impressed.

He was looking at a tool machine technology course, I was impressed with the instructor, the facilities, the equipment, course focus, everything.

I took notice of the other students with LE course shirts on, diesel tech shirts etc. It all looked god clear across the board.

But, Mr Nate has an interest in the FM area....

So, as a compromise we looked into a diesel tech course in Moorhead. We will be going there on Wed.

He is much more excited about this one and I do feel it probably fits him better.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well he certainly lives in the right area to be working on diesels. And as far as I'm concerned, that's a great skill to have. You have a job anywhere in the country that you'd move to.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
ND i have one of those Tool Machine Degrees. Been out of the trade for awhile now. If Nate is serious about going into that trade, i would have him look into the job stability of that trade. When i was working before 9/11 tons of jobs could get a job the next day if you were not happy with the one you had.After 9/11 things changed for the worst,places folded up, hard to stay employed.Got so bad 20 of us graduated i think out of 20 there maybe 7 that are still machinists to this day. Maybe the trade is better now more stable maybe not as up and down when i was in it.

Got a whole bunch of tools sitting in Kennedy tool boxes, that i'll probably never use again if Mr.Nate decides to go down that road.

PM me if you got any questions maybe i can help out.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by noduck
ND i have one of those Tool Machine Degrees. Been out of the trade for awhile now. If Nate is serious about going into that trade, i would have him look into the job stability of that trade. When i was working before 9/11 tons of jobs could get a job the next day if you were not happy with the one you had.After 9/11 things changed for the worst,places folded up, hard to stay employed.Got so bad 20 of us graduated i think out of 20 there maybe 7 that are still machinists to this day. Maybe the trade is better now more stable maybe not as up and down when i was in it.

Got a whole bunch of tools sitting in Kennedy tool boxes, that i'll probably never use again if Mr.Nate decides to go down that road.

PM me if you got any questions maybe i can help out.

That does help.

I've read that sadly much of the need for this trade has gone the way of china like many other things.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

But, Mr Nate has an interest in the FM area....

So, as a compromise we looked into a diesel tech course in Moorhead. We will be going there on Wed.

He is much more excited about this one and I do feel it probably fits him better.

Dave,
I have a young cousin that is taking that very course and working at Titan Machinery (Case/IH) at the same time.

If they are not paying for all of his school, they are helping with a good portion of it. Guaranteed full time job when he graduates too. Check into that program that Titan offers. It's a good deal.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Alexandria is a hotbed for machinists I have heard due to our strong manufacturing base. Pretty easy to get a job here I think. apparently, this little burg corners the world market on manufacturing machines that package things. When you buy a case of beans (for those of you who dont, just imagine yourself buying a case of beans) the machine that packaged them was likely manufactured here. Damn sexy I would have to say for a town to be able to say that.

In fact, the companies here have invested many hundreds of thousands of dollars in our high school to prepare those kids to work for them. I think there are 5 manufacturers here? Something like that.

I am bummed I missed ya.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 1,571 of 1,842 1 2 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,434
Posts18,470,811
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.