Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by byc
One of the cookers on Moonshiners last night made what he called. "Cheery Bounce!" Made me think of this.

He used NC white cherries and raw sourwood honey. Just watching made my joints feel better. laugh

You talking about that guy with the dog called "sweetie pie"?

He let the mash go bad...

GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup! He built his mash just before the major rains we went through with lots of flooding. Guess he could or did not get back to his project before the creeks and rivers rose. Several of them went through that. To your point he had to dump it all.

And the name was Cherry Bounce. Not Cheery Bounce. My wrong.

Last edited by byc; 02/10/16. Reason: Cherry Bounce dangit!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE
Tart Cherry Juice sounds like the name of the filipino stripper that used to work the Caberet in Kalamazoo.

My 9-Ball league used to play there every three weeks.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cherry Moonshine, your knees aren't better but you don't notice pain nor care

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
having a bad knee and shoulders, I felt glucosamine/chondroitin made a difference in joint discomfort

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Wifey drinks it religiously for gout!!! One of the other side benefits of that machine in her chest. And it does help her!!! The tart Cherry juice that is.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
having a bad knee and shoulders, I felt glucosamine/chondroitin made a difference in joint discomfort

I tried that too, but it didn't work for me...the side effects of this tart cherry juice is a real eye opener...not only has it been great for the joints, I was having problems with chronic fatigue along with the other issues I posted about earlier...I talked on the phone a few minutes ago with a friend who reaffirmed my results...I only wish I'd known about this stuff twenty years ago.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got some!

Pretty excited here.

Thanks!

One of these: Cold pressed!!

[Linked Image]

and one of these:

[Linked Image]

Go Nats!!!!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I buy that top one for Wifey as it's the cheapest I can find!!! Only the best!!! wink

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Is tart or black cherry better?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
You'll want the tart cherry for the joint issues. Make sure you read the labels as most of the juice is from concentrate and thus (apparently) Lacks as much of the desired anti inflammatories you look for when drinking it for such purposes. Very few are pure cherry juice and are not from concentrate. These are the two I drink for gout. The one in my hand I got from Costco online

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by robertham1; 02/12/16.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Middlefork Miner,

You mention you have tinnitus. If so, stay away from aspirin. Worsened tinnitus is a very common side effect of aspirin, even baby aspirin. Switch to Tylenol or Advil. It will probably make a noticeable difference.

I have friends that saw good improvement in their knee pain by using Tart Cherry. It didn't seem to help me much, but I was trying the capsules. I think I will give the not-from-concentrate juice a try.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by robertham1
You'll want the tart cherry for the joint issues. Make sure you read the labels as most of the juice is from concentrate and thus (apparently) Lacks as much of the desired anti inflammatories you look for when drinking it for such purposes. Very few are pure cherry juice and are not from concentrate. These are the two I drink for gout. The one in my hand I got from Costco online

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do you drink it straight or put a certain amount in a glass of water?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A little-known fact is that tart cherry juice is a good substitute for sweet Vermouth in a Manhattan. Don't forget the bitters.

It's also good as a summertime drink with crushed mint leaves, a dash of lime juice, and vodka.

Make sure you read the labels as most of the juice is from concentrate and thus (apparently) Lacks as much of the desired anti inflammatories you look for when drinking it for such purposes.

PS, what is it about the concentration process that removes the anti-inflammatories?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Definitely water it down. I'd guess I fill a standard tapered pint glass with 3/4" of the concentrate, then the rest water. I've added it to ice cream too. And cereal. And milk.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No doubt in my mind (plus my ears grin) that it helps with tinnitus. This report just after a day or so of consumption.

Thanks!

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Maybe I didn't say that right. What I meant was a lot of cherry juice is made from concentrate So you don't know how potent the drink is. Also some of the stuff marketed as cherry juice is full of fillers- Apple, pomegranate, or other juices- yet they don't make it too obvious.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Here is the link to the Costco concentrated stuff if anyone is interested. It seems expensive but it really goes a LONG way.

http://m.costco.com/Cherry-Bay-Orchards-100%25-Montmorency-Tart-Cherry-Concentrate-32-oz.-Bottle-2-count.product.100168458.html

Not sure why it's not a hyperlink, either copy/paste or google "Costco cherry juice"

Last edited by robertham1; 02/13/16.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by byc
No doubt in my mind (plus my ears grin) that it helps with tinnitus. This report just after a day or so of consumption.

Thanks!

Mine is virtually gone...what is left is a negligible background noise... It seems to be responsible for a number of improvements in my everyday life...it's the only thing I've had that's different from my usual diet... another thing I've noted is a profound improvement in mood & my mental acuity...I mentioned to my brother yesterday that I've been feeling better this week than I have in the last 15-20 years.

Yesterday I took it a step further & bought a blender for mixing up a concoction of tart juice, oats, banana, ginger, cinnamon, honey & pineapple...I'm not sure I'll be able to notice a difference though because right now I feel friggin great...it is filling & much better tasting than plain old juice....I'll let you know what, if any effects my new "breakfast" provides... smile

Actually, last month, I woke up in the middle of the night & when I went to put another chunk of wood in the stove, I promptly fell over...I tried to get up, only to tip over again. It was then that I realized my equilibrium was severely out of whack. I went ahead and managed to crawl to the stove, stick a chunk of wood in & crawl back to bed. The next few days I was wobbling around like a weeble. I didn't start feeling better till after advice from a nurse, I checked my blood pressure & quit taking the meds I was on to lower it...the day I quit taking them, the pressure was down to the 40+/90+ range...& up till earlier this week, I would have given odds that I wouldn't last till summer. (Yes I was feeling that schitty)... I can't say for certain that the juice is responsible, but if I were playing the odds, I'd bet it is...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You'll want the tart cherry for the joint issues. Make sure you read the labels as most of the juice is from concentrate and thus (apparently) Lacks as much of the desired anti inflammatories you look for when drinking it for such purposes. Very few are pure cherry juice and are not from concentrate.

This thread says that black cherry juice is better for gout.

Good advice on the concentrate compared to pure. Pure costs more but is a lot better.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.