-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To date, females in combat have been an unmitigated failure and "doomed to success"...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
SMERSH:Smiert Spionam. "Death to Spies". Executioners. Death Battalions-Executioners.
I have been in intense and extended ground combat. NO WOMEN!!!!!!!! There is absolutely NOTHING on earth that approaches ground combat for deprivation, savagery and hostility. Hard enough to maintain a semblance of control over the hard assed men who are in it for the tour. Add in females and it would truly fall apart. anyone who thinks different has NO idea of what it means.

I never knew that the ONLY thing military did was ground combat 24/7/365.....

I"m not disagreeing, but there are plenty of jobs when war is in full swing....

Women could free up more men to actually fight....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, the entire impetus of the proposal to register women with selective service is BASED on opening up combat duty for women. I am NOT against women being drafted in general wartime, just NEVER in combat arms. EVERY other MOS in the service is to support the pointy end of the spear. Leave it at that.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, the entire impetus of the proposal to register women with selective service is BASED on opening up combat duty for women. I am NOT against women being drafted in general wartime, just NEVER in combat arms. EVERY other MOS in the service is to support the pointy end of the spear. Leave it at that.

I doubt any with a clue as to military service would find fault with that position, and it's held by (I think) the majority of folks on this thread.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm all for equal rights. Women have asked for it and so they'll get it.

They should be treated the same, drafted, trained, held to the same standards, tested equally, deployed equally. They should have their wounds dressed with the same bandages and be zipped into the same bags as men.

Treated this way they'll soon be petitioning for going back to the way things used to be.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have to say I agree with the idea that women want "equality" when it is in their favor and discrimination when it is in their favor as well, as do most people. The problem is you can't have it both ways.

They demanded equality, poor choice. Now they have to get off that pedestal they used to get to sit on.

Want equal say in how the country is run. You also get equal burden of making it run. So drop your Bonbons, put down the remote for your soap operas and get out there and work like your husbands have always done.

When the draft starts or more directly when the shooting starts, they will regret all this equality crap they have been shoving down everyone's throat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tucker, I have NEVER seen a woman doing a garbage collectors job, nor have I even HEARD of female miners. Loggers?? Steel mill workers? Any females??? Are women lined up at the employment office for any of these jobs?? I think not. I doubt that they ever will as the jobs have no "glamor". They are dirty, dangerous and middle of the road in pay. No air conditioning or water coolers, no heated building in the winter, nahh, they really don't want true "equality".

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Notice that NONE of the candidates in the debate actually answered the question?

The question was NOT "should women be ALLOWED to fight in combat?" That's the question that they all answered. The question was "should women be REQUIRED to sign up for Selective Service?" And Selective Service is basically creating a list of people to draw from in a draft.

If any of them were smart, they should have answered something like this: "I don't believe that women should be required to sign up for Selective Service, but if they WANT to VOLUNTARILY join the military, they should be allowed to do so."

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leaving aside all of the other gender/fraternization/camraderie issues, it is unrealistic to pretend that most women could perform at 100% effectiveness in most combat roles. I know that my daughers are strong/tough ladies and that whomever they were shooting at would get hit. But, that's a small piece and I wouldn't want or expect them to be in combat roles.

I treasure good women and have worked to insure equal opportunity in many ways. But, it seems sensible to keep in mind that not all women have campaigned for the stupidly endless litany of "rights" as pushed by the feminist loudmouths and not all women should be treated as if they were so ridiculous as to push the extreme agendas.

If some women really want combat opportunity, let them sign up - or register for any draft - and then show that they can cut the mustard - the entire mustard - no bending of the rules and requirements. Just as I am grateful and admire our fighting men, I would admire any gal that could do all of that at high standards.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I guess I have to Disagree. Having Served In Vietnam, and
Iraq. I,d Rather Serve with a volunteer unit with women than a unit with draftees. My last unit in Iraq was a
guntruck unit with 23 women and 133 men. We never had any trouble with women in my unit. I will grant you it,s
not infantry, but most jobs in the Army can be done by
women. Not every unit is in combat every day. We had 8
wounded in one year. But on the other side one week
we fired 12,000 rounds of 50 cal ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stevelyn
They wanted equal rights and opportunities, they got them. Now they should have same equal requirements and responsibilities.

If I fail to sign up for selective service, I get screwed on college loans and govt jobs (not that I would ever work the feral govt again). They shouldn't be given a pass just because they are split-tails. That just makes us equal only when it's convenient.

Exactly right.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm not sure what the basic load of an infantryman in EvilTwins day was, but today it runs pretty close to 100 pounds.

I spent 21 years in combat arms and IMO women don't belong there, but I always thought we could of cut about the bottom 1/4 of the men out too.

If it was up to me I'd have 2 PT standards for the Army. non combat arms minimum would be 180 on the 18-21 male standards and combat arms would be 250 on the 18-21 male standard. I would also have a 4 hour and 3 hour standard for a 12 mile ruck march (45 lb)respectively.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
I'm not sure what the basic load of an infantryman in EvilTwins day was, but today it runs pretty close to 100 pounds.

I spent 21 years in combat arms and IMO women don't belong there, but I always thought we could of cut about the bottom 1/4 of the men out too.

If it was up to me I'd have 2 PT standards for the Army. non combat arms minimum would be 180 on the 18-21 male standards and combat arms would be 250 on the 18-21 male standard. I would also have a 4 hour and 3 hour standard for a 12 mile ruck march (45 lb)respectively.

You got everything dead right except one. It's 100#, dry. And, without having to carry part of anyone else's load due to injury or incapacity.

wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Tucker, I have NEVER seen a woman doing a garbage collectors job, nor have I even HEARD of female miners. Loggers?? Steel mill workers? Any females??? Are women lined up at the employment office for any of these jobs?? I think not. I doubt that they ever will as the jobs have no "glamor". They are dirty, dangerous and middle of the road in pay. No air conditioning or water coolers, no heated building in the winter, nahh, they really don't want true "equality".

We have a female trash truck driver here.

My wife hates glamor, would rather be outside doing somtehing.. she has her own chaps, chainsaw etc... she's outside when its to hot for my tastes running or jogging etc...

She was very unhappy when they passed her over for a local camps maintenance director, she would have been outside all the time shredding, mowing, cutting limbs, and so on...

But she is a rare gem for sure. Doesn't even own a dress. I don't care for dresses either. LOL.

The whole thing in a nutshell, is I don't care what you are, if you can meet the "regs" and do your job I"m good with it.

I'd trust my wife in combat in a heartbeat, but probably couldn't find anotehr I could trust like that at all or ever likely.

But again, they are part of the country and in a time of need we should ALL step forward and be assigned what we can be good with.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by dodgefan

You got everything dead right except one. It's 100#, dry. And, without having to carry part of anyone else's load due to injury or incapacity.

wink

Weights can vary a bunch depending on mission, buddy of mine told me about jumping into Panama with a Ranger Bn and his ruck went about 140lbs. Heaviest ruck I ever jumped with was about 115. I was just under the max weight limit for the chute to have a safe descent speed (safe being relative). I ended up walking about 7 miles that night and it sucked.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rost495

We have a female trash truck driver here.

My wife hates glamor, would rather be outside doing somtehing.. she has her own chaps, chainsaw etc... she's outside when its to hot for my tastes running or jogging etc...

She was very unhappy when they passed her over for a local camps maintenance director, she would have been outside all the time shredding, mowing, cutting limbs, and so on...

But she is a rare gem for sure. Doesn't even own a dress. I don't care for dresses either. LOL.

The whole thing in a nutshell, is I don't care what you are, if you can meet the "regs" and do your job I"m good with it.

I'd trust my wife in combat in a heartbeat, but probably couldn't find anotehr I could trust like that at all or ever likely.

But again, they are part of the country and in a time of need we should ALL step forward and be assigned what we can be good with.

That's based on your and/or your wife's time in the military?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Only a barbaric nation drafts it's mothers and daughters....

I totally agree. Not just barbaric, but stupid. It's like chopping your house up for firewood.

To those who have a "let em fry" attitude, it's not just the women who suffer, it's the entire nation that suffers such idiocy.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jorgeI
To date, females in combat have been an unmitigated failure and "doomed to success"...

Jorge,

I remember reading many years ago in what I considered a credible source at the time.

The Israelis did put women into ground combat units for a period of time. The experiment was considered a failure and the practice discontinued because casualty rates increased by several hundred percent on BOTH sides of the battle.

It seems the Israeli commanders simply could not prevent the troops taking high risks when there were women to protect.

I certainly wish I could provide a source, but the information came from long before internet days.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by stevelyn
They wanted equal rights and opportunities, they got them. Now they should have same equal requirements and responsibilities.

If I fail to sign up for selective service, I get screwed on college loans and govt jobs (not that I would ever work the feral govt again). They shouldn't be given a pass just because they are split-tails. That just makes us equal only when it's convenient.

Exactly right.

My thoughts, too. Be careful what you ask for............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hey if they want to play lumberjack, let them. If they can meet the unchanged standards, go for it.
Last time I checked, females don't become mothers and daughters unless there is a male in the immediate vicinity. F_ _ _ _ National Review.

On the other hand, females in the forward areas haver been a colossal disaster!
Social engineering can be a little tough.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 18 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,669
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.