Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have you guys noticed how many more private security hacks are surrounding Trump?

Local news reported that he brought well over 50 to SC. Not including local hires.

Last night I counted at least 12 within or close to arms reach.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I can't speak for anyone but myself.

But let me explain my position best I can Pat. Based on platform alone, I'm a Cruz man. Have been from the jump. Could get firmly behind Carson as well.

But there is more to it than that. Could I have been sold a line of schit? maybe. Could I have been duped? Time will tell. But I like the fact he's a dick. We've had too many puzzies in the oval office. I don't like the idea of a boor, or crass peckerhead representing my country. But that being said, there are a couple things that have made me SOLIDLY pro Trump.

1. He's the only one driving the illegal alien debate. Only one that hasn't crawfished on it. Only one standing strong saying get the phugg out. Even under heavy criticism. And the wall.

2. In the most recent debate I saw he was asked about waterboarding. He said he'd do a lot worse. grin

3. He is not owned by billionaire donors or sponsors or special interests.

There is no perfect candidate. They don't exist. Personally, I'm actually energized by this race. It's the first one I've followed I can actually get behind a candidate and argue on their behalf without reservation. And more curiouser, there are more than 1 candidate I'd be happy to vote for.

Pretty much sums up how I feel^^^^^
But the BIG reason I got behind late last summer was the fact that he was the only possible candidate talking about our national debt. The others all run from discussing it. It is and is going to be one of if not the countries biggest problem....soon, very soon.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Intuitively I'm a Cruz guy.

But as one Boston radio talk show host said the other day..."I like a guy who walks into the room and kicks the table over".

That's Trump.

I think Trump supporters (of a conservative bent) recognize he is not the ideal conservative candidate. But I think they are also shell shocked from being lied to by the Republican Party during the last eight years,and so, are gravitating to the nuclear option.

Angry? You bet. But what's funny is that Trump won NH in every single demographic group that they polled in exit polling...think about that.

Young, old, low, middle and upper income. College educated,high school educated,blue collar, white collar workers....even on ethnic and gender,he beat them all in every single category.

People want a change and they don't want a poised politician. They want hard nosed guy who will kick the table over.

Trump is a phenominon produced by 7 years of that wuss, Obongo, aggrivated by wuss Republicans who bow to him as he bows to Islamic Kings.

People are angry and The Donald expresses that anger better than any other candidate. He ain't perfect, but he does kick butt and take names, which represents the mood and demeanor of a LOT of voters.

Like him or hate him, Trump has energized the electorial process, brought a bunch of folks into the process who would probably sit out this election cycle like they did the last two.

Whether he's the nominee or not, he's served our cause well.

I agree with Bob.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Those of us who are not enamored with Mr.Trump have been trying to understand why his fans are, for months. We have been confounded by the fact that his past is of no consequence and that his refusal to commit to any agenda other than "Make America Great Again" is enough for so many to carry his torch. It has been said by many that the reason they like him is that he is too wealthy to be corrupted, but that just didn't make much sense. Corrupted from what? Being a democrat? A rival campaign blamed it on "celebrity", and I bought into that for a while, but who watched his game show? If they did, who liked his character?

I've figured it out. The reason a Trump fan can't be convinced that he is a bad man is because they know he is a bad man. That's what they like about him. He is condescending, rude, and mean and they are hoping to project their own anger through him.

Everything else be damned.

Can’t speak for anybody else but will reply to this. Enamored with Trump – no. Angry – absolutely spot on.

I personally think this country is f’cked; unequivocally, irrevocably, inevitably f’cked. Everything history has shown us about slowly boiling frogs is coming true and has been for some time. We have reached the point in our empire where it is in decline and is dying. Power is concentrated in the hands of fewer and fewer people. That power lets them be further and further insulated from the errors of their hubris, unlike the rest of us who have to take it in the ass for their arrogance and grossly negligent mismanagement.

I have no idea how to fix it. I really don’t think it can be fixed through the election process. We can control some small issues, maybe, for 4 or 8 years at a time, but I’m talking about the fundamental values that make any country great. We’ve lost them and surrendered our liberty for (false) security and glib promises of free stuff – partly through a calculated effort but mostly that “calculated effort” has just ridden the wave of normal human nature; “they” haven’t done anything more or less than any other would be despots have done successfully since Oog took over the Hill tribe.

So anyway, back to Trump. I hope he breaks the place. We are boiling slowly and looking to politicians, any politician, to fix things is only prolonging the agony. We absolutely know what the Devil we know is going to do, he or she is going to f’ck us in the ass and force us to pay his owners for the privilege of being f’cked in the ass. That only leaves the Devil we don’t know. And I don’t know what others think, but I think Trump would be one of the most monumentally disastrous Presidents we’ve ever seen. Maybe.

We’re bankrupt, our enemies grow stronger financially, militarily and most importantly industrially every day while we grow weaker on all fronts. We are a boil ready to burst. Trump might actually try to fix things and bring the whole place down around our heads, which, as bad as that will be, is the only way I can see to start something new again. OR, the other strong possibility I see is that he’d be the dictator that so many people throughout history, especially the folks that founded this country, have warned us about. This place is certainly ripe for it. Which might actually be the catalyst needed for some kind of genuine revolt, armed or otherwise, so we can finally start to clean out the den of snakes that live in the Potomac basin. That is, if he doesn’t start a war with a stronger allied force that finally conquers and occupies us.

OR, he could be like Reagan in some ways without the polished actor image and poise. A real cowboy coming in rootin' and tootin', kicking ass and taking names. I tend to doubt it, but it's one possibility that we can't dismiss. At least he sticks to his guns in the face of the media Propaganda Corps' worst efforts, something nobody else seems willing to do.

Whatever happens, so be it. The sooner we face the inevitable the sooner we can rebuild.

This really isn’t all about Trump but in reply to your post, yes, you are absolutely right, he expresses my anger with the Establishment very well. I don’t hold out any hope for him to fix it, but I know anybody else coming from Washington will only turn up the burner under this frog one more notch.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Contrary to what I just posted.......... I now believe Pat did nail it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Yep.

As much as it pains me, sometimes I have to agree with him... shocked

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Intuitively I'm a Cruz guy.

But as one Boston radio talk show host said the other day..."I like a guy who walks into the room and kicks the table over".

That's Trump.

I think Trump supporters (of a conservative bent) recognize he is not the ideal conservative candidate. But I think they are also shell shocked from being lied to by the Republican Party during the last eight years,and so, are gravitating to the nuclear option.

Angry? You bet. But what's funny is that Trump won NH in every single demographic group that they polled in exit polling...think about that.

Young, old, low, middle and upper income. College educated,high school educated,blue collar, white collar workers....even on ethnic and gender,he beat them all in every single category.

People want a change and they don't want a poised politician. They want hard nosed guy who will kick the table over.

Trump is a phenominon produced by 7 years of that wuss, Obongo, aggrivated by wuss Republicans who bow to him as he bows to Islamic Kings.

People are angry and The Donald expresses that anger better than any other candidate. He ain't perfect, but he does kick butt and take names, which represents the mood and demeanor of a LOT of voters.

Like him or hate him, Trump has energized the electorial process, brought a bunch of folks into the process who would probably sit out this election cycle like they did the last two.

Whether he's the nominee or not, he's served our cause well.

I agree with Bob.

DF

Agree on all counts.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I like him because he is not a sitting politician. And I think the only way we have any meaningful cage inn this country is to publicly execute EVERy sitting politician, good and bad ones

Bingo,exactly my feelings.If he gets the nomination,I will support him.If Cruz gets it .I will support him.I am freaking tired of all the lying professional politicians.If it was up to me I would hang them all and start over. shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570

It speaks volumes on the ability of voters to read sign...

A majority went with the "outsider" in 2008 & 12 who's platform was hope & change....when you think about it, it's pretty much the same message as "make America great again"...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump said it himself. Said his supporters are so stupid he could shoot someone in the street and they wouldn't care.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
To be fair, I don't think he actually used the word "stupid", but in all honesty I believe it was his intent...

He does have a knack at saying something without actually saying it...plausible deniability comes to mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've figured it out. The reason a Trump fan can't be convinced that he is a bad man is because they know he is a bad man. That's what they like about him. He is condescending, rude, and mean and they are hoping to project their own anger through him.

Demagogue- noun: a political leader who tries to get support by making false claims and promises and using arguments based on emotion rather than reason.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
He never suggested they were stupid, just loyal.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I would use the word gullible.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And as we are seeing right here on our little slice of the web that they are

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Same thing...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This guy has a very good take on it.

As for Mr. Trump, it is not without meaning that his supporters have had eight months to measure the cost of satisfying their anger by voting for him. In New Hampshire, 35% of the electorate decided that for all his drama and uncertainty they would back him.

The mainstream journalistic mantra is that the GOP is succumbing to nativism, nationalism and the culture of celebrity. That allows them to avoid taking seriously Mr. Trump’s issues: illegal immigration and Washington’s 15-year, bipartisan refusal to stop it; political correctness and how it is strangling a free people; and trade policies that have left the American working class displaced, adrift and denigrated. Mr. Trump’s popularity is propelled by those issues and enabled by his celebrity.

In winning, Donald Trump threw over the GOP donor class. Political professionals don’t fully appreciate that, but normal Americans see it. They get that the guy with money just slapped silly the guys with money. Every hedge-fund billionaire donor should be blinking in pain. Some investment!

http://canmua.net/washington/trump-sanders-and-the-american-rebellion-414691.html

I'm better when I move.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ted Cruz is a shinning example of why there are so many rich/popular televangelists. He is that crutch for feeble minded.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In a hyper sensitive overly politically correct country Trump is the antithesis. The portion of the populace that is tired of the pussy footing and holding their tongues out of fear of offending someone finds a hero in trump because he is so brash and holds no punches. I'll vote whomever runs against the democratic nominee, but I'm not sure Trump gets much done as the president if elected.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

I would use the word gullible.

What is beginning to come to MY mind is Bowsinger/RobJordan as you guys are just as eat up with Cruz as many here are with Trump. shocked

FJB & FJT
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 204guy, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,400
Posts18,470,126
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.