Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yes, which is a conservative Yankee. I've not given any money to the leaders that enacted the SAFE act, have you?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB4

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I guess I have indirectly since I pay taxes and live in NY
Directly no it is quite the contrary

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trump is an azzhole, but he's OUR azzhole.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Think a "yuge part," of his appeal is the same empty vessel phenomenon that obama peddled in 2008. But whereas obama's was a bit awkward (if highly effective in the net), salving angst of war-time fatigue and coincidentally-timed inter-/national financial troubles with soaring oratorical bullshit (will never get that Greek stage speech sight from memory), Trump accomplishes the same slaving conservative angst thru, as BobinNH says, "kicking tables over".

In both of those cases, material details of HOW the candidate would accomplish said hope/change/great-again are sparse. Isaac points out that all politicians need to maintain some vagaries to succeed and would not disagree, but compare Trump to Cruz, say, on the matter of tangible policy proposals and one finds a yawning chasm of difference: "I'll be great at it" vs. "I'd propose x, y, and z."

And to me that's the bottom line: if we elect Trump, he turns the empty vessel over on day one in office and what policies tumble out onto the table of agenda? What do we get in that leader? We don't know, but we "believe" he's "like us, he'll do what I'd do." It's an act of faith. And the populace is so fatigued by decades now of feeling sold down the river, stabbed in the back, BY ONE'S OWN PARTY, that we are jaded beyond caring that Trump has few concrete policy proposals. Parsing those differences has failed us as conservatives repeatedly anyway, one thinks.

The populace, am afraid, is collectively at the "Aw, F-it!" stage. You ever take one of those hours long sit-down exams with >1000+ questions? Sure you want to do well, choose the correct answer. But by the time one gets to the last hundred or so, one's too exhausted to even give a damn anymore. That's where America is at in choosing it's next national leader

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by joken2

A very plausible look into the future with Trump at the helm

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Every good salesman knows that the key to closing a deal is tapping emotion and avoiding logic.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
are we winning yet??

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
are we winning yet??

I'm getting so sick of winning, I hope we can lose soon.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Every good salesman knows that the key to closing a deal is tapping emotion and avoiding logic.
That's how I end up with new guns

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

There's two types of successful businessmen. One focuses on producing a better product, the other focuses on winning by destroying the competition. It's pretty clear what Trump is.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The last Republican businessman to become president with no experience as an elected official was Herbert Hoover. He had been very successful in business and as an appointed administrator. How did that work out?

For one thing Hoover signed the Smoot/Hawley tariffs that helped create the great depression. He also started some of the policies that FDR expanded later like higher taxes and public works projects. Overall his presidency was not very successful.

So the fact that someone is a successful businessman doesn't necessarily mean they would be a good president. Just some food for thought.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
U dips skipped the business man last time. How's that working out?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
My biggest beef with Trump, even more than the fact that I don't like him as a candidate and a man, is the fact that he has created an environment where all the republicans are destroying each other. Yeah, I know, attacks happen in every election, but he has proven that there is no floor on how low the process can sink. With the amount of material that they could be focusing on by going after Hillary and Sanders, their wasting their time and money destroying the republican party. We should be evaluating how well they talk about what's wrong with the democrat candidates as a preview to a general election. Instead, this entire process is all about Trump. If he wins, he have a horrible candidate at best that doesn't share our values imo. If he loses, he has made sure that the rest of the republican field is a bloody mess.

You are 100% missing the appeal of Trump. He is not in this to show how idiotic the Democrats are. That, in a nutshell, is what's wrong with politics, someone mentioned it earlier, if Congress would have controlled Obama....

THAT IS THE ISSUE politicians don't control politicians, they all look for the following:
1) How can I get re-elected
2) How can I make my party ideas look good and the other party ides look bad

THEY ARE THE SAME PARTY

Trump isn't about showing how bad Clinton/Sanders would be, he's about fixing the country, period. You can agree or disagree, but he's about shining a light on the idiocy our political system has become, republican or democrat.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Trump is about Trump he's a narcissist

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Trump is about Trump he's a narcissist

Yep.

MOLON LABE
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
While I applaud Pat's exploration into his narcissism fad as of late, if he truly understood the psychological disorder, he'd know Cruz would be the one closer resembling and identifying with narcissism, not Trump.

In fact, Cruz could be the poster child for this new psychological phenomenon.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most anyone that runs for President is affected to a degree.

I'd rather have a Conservative with the illness running the country than an infected Liberal, who's also suffering from a heaping dose of the dumbass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately all politicians are for themselves, some just hide it better than others.

The higher the office, the less the candidates for that office should be trusted.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM
U dips skipped the business man last time. How's that working out?

Well, I voted for Romney. Unlike Trump, he had prior experience as an elected official. He wasn't the greatest candidate but he would have been worlds better than Obama. I'm not saying Trump would be bad because he's a businessman; I'm saying that being a businessman is no guarantee of being a good president. Some seem to think that if you can make a lot of money you would therefore be a good president. Not necessarily so.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,046 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,879
Posts18,479,074
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.