-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what our new "Homeland Security" will bring about. Just wait until we get another pinko liberal in the Whitehouse. You know who the "terrorist" will be.
<br>
<br>http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_1108.shtml
<br>
<br>http://www.caledonian-record.com/pages/top_news/story/c1a9fa4dc
<br>
<br>7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 11/20/02.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thats what I have been preaching since "The War on Drugs", that was the real start. Now with the sweeping powers of this one we are in deep do-do if they so desire! And sooner or later they will!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did all this pass then? Sheesh, we are screwed!!!! To bad we can't have the bone heads that passed this stuff experience people walking in their houses in the middle of the night to do searches and such. It would turn around in a hurry! Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Makes me wonder if they will have snappy new uniforms featuring Brown shirts, Sam Browne belt, nifty daggers and maybe a cool bright colored armband with with a nifty logo on it.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
T LEE,
<br>
<br>I fear you guys are closer to the truth than we'd like.
<br>
<br>You've seen the new coppers that didn't know how to deal with the authority. I have seen Feds with the same kinds of problems.
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thats the problem, too many of us have been accepting the creeping loss of rights so long, a little more seems OK. BS! This has gone too far and will circumvent the BoR in the name of security.
<br>
<br>All it really will accomplish is further intrusions on our freedoms and curtailing of civil rights. Big Brother is alive and well and picking up the reins of power. It won't matter who controls the White House or Congress, the petty bureaucracies will be the rule makers and rule breakers and WE will be the ones to pay.
<br>
<br>This will soon help the gun grabbers and other power hungry little tyrants out there to take away OUR rights so they can rule with a free hand.
<br>
<br>This is a VERY BAD THING!
<br>
<br>BUT I WILL BET A HUNDRED DOLLARS AGAINST A MOLDY DONUT HOLE THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE IN THE GOOD OLD USA ANYWHERE, THAT WILL STAND UP TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
<br>
<br>Contrary to popular belief, we no longer run our government, they run us. This bill is living proof of that. I some times think that elections and writing to your "Representitives", of which I do a lot, is just window dressing to keep the masses "down on the farm", nothing more.
<br>

Old cat turd!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That's what bothers me, Lee. People that feel the way we do are called "dinosaurs" and told we stand in the way of "progress". They teach our kids this "global village" crap in schools, and never mention the ideals that formed this nation, nor the men who risked all they had to bring it forth. Well, yeah, they're sure to mention that most of these men were slave holders. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>We're told the 2nd Amendment applies only to the national guard, and it's not an individual right. Well, I guess the first applies only to the press, too. That's what that finance reform says.
<br>
<br>You can't trust any of these "elected officials". We the people are only serfs, and must be told what to think and do. Hell, we're too damn dumb to look out for our own good. That's why we have all these seatbelt and no smoking laws, not to mention guns.
<br>
<br>Gee Dubya has come out and said that the 2nd is an individual right. Do you trust him to back up his words with action? I think we know the answer to that. He signed the campaign finance reform, didn't he? Knowing full well it went against the first amendment. We dinosaurs are the only ones that know better. The sheeple wanted it, and they got it.
<br>
<br>We've already started down the long dark road years ago. This bill is nothing but a milemarker along the way.
<br>7mm
<br>

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The resistance has been happening for years, only it's happening one person at a time, and the end for those people comes fast and violent. Read The Ballad of Carle Drega, a book available on Amazon.com. You just don't hear about these people in the official news as resisters of the federal usurpation of our rights. They are depicted as lone nuts, who one day, inexplicably lost it, and were shot dead by the cops. These were people who lost one too many rights, and decided it was time to start resisting.
<br>
<br>DISCLAIMER: This writer in no way recommends or approves of the actions of the individuals depicted in the above recommended book. We should obey every law, no matter how unconstitutional or violative of our God given rights. When the government doctors come with their castration knives, we should just drop our pants and say thank you.
<br>
<br>There, that covers me with the Feds when they put this post into their supercomputer file on me. [Linked Image]

Last edited by The_Real_Hawkeye; 11/24/02.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hawk, Don't sweat it. You and I'll both end up machine gunned into a waiting trench as "undesirables"! [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I do, however, think this is a losing battle. The American people have no desire to hear the truth, or stand up for their rights. Everyday, a few more of us dinosaurs end up pushing up daisies, and that's just one less that knows better.
<br>
<br>And meanwhile, the people, masquarading as "informed voters" elect more and more statist politicians. Whoever promises the most political "candy" in a campaign wins.
<br>7mm

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Along the lines of "Give them bread and circuses and they will be happy".
<br>
<br>That is if my recollection of history serves me.

Old cat turd!

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
T LEE,
<br>
<br>And the worst is yet to come.
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Thanks 7mm, that's very comforting.
<br>
<br>Along the lines of bread and circuses, has anyone noticed how wierd it is that so many ads on tv are attempting to persuade everybody that they need to be on this or that psychiatric drug for depression or anxiety or (for children) hyperactivity? Seems like some wierd science fiction movie we are all living in these days. One day we will wake up and everybody is going to be on happy pills but us. Nothing would please the statists more than a drugged up population. The pills make them happy and docile so they won't complain when they strip them of their last remaining rights. Kind of goes hand in hand with the dumbing down of our schools.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17Hunter, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,778 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,434
Posts18,507,643
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.