Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by Akbob5
TZ, good to hear. Good on the teacher and hood on you all for doing a great job of raising young ones.

Sure, don't encourage and nurture a child's critical thinking skills. If there is a question you can't understand, don't think about it rationally, because the answer obviously is "God did it"!

Dude,

Where the hell did that come from? I can assure you I nurtured all three of my boys to have a curious nature, to critically question everything, and to experience all they can in life. I'm doing the same to my grandchildren and to any other child I may come into contact with. I think I have a pretty good track record.

Please do not confuse my praise of someone's faith and positive influence towards children. I assure you that you don't know me well enough to make a judgement like that.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
TZ, good to hear. Good on the teacher and hood on you all for doing a great job of raising young ones.

Sure, don't encourage and nurture a child's critical thinking skills. If there is a question you can't understand, don't think about it rationally, because the answer obviously is "God did it"!

Dude,

Where the hell did that come from? I can assure you I nurtured all three of my boys to have a curious nature, to critically question everything, and to experience all they can in life. I'm doing the same to my grandchildren and to any other child I may come into contact with. I think I have a pretty good track record.

Please do not confuse my praise of someone's faith and positive influence towards children. I assure you that you don't know me well enough to make a judgement like that.

You are praising a teacher for her disbelief in evolution, and her replacement of science with religion. That pretty much supports 10mm position.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 1minute
Evolution is simply an ongoing process, and an extremely well documented one at that. No conflicts what so ever with all the varied versions of spontaneous creation.

Actually there are conflicts. The Biblical Account of creation uses the work "kind". Fish after their kind, the creeping thing after its kind. Kind means separate and distinct.

Darwinian Evolution cannot account for the evolution of different kinds. I can only account for mutations within the same kind. A bird may develop a larger beak. However, it is still a bird...not a dog...which would be a different kind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
luv2safari,

As opposed to your religious indoctrination...

You don't get it. Because I did so much reading I discovered all evolutionary positions are refuted by another evolutionist. It took a lot of reading to conclude there is an Infinite Intelligent Energy. After a few years the faith I had in evolution came to rest on the God of the Bible. I was "indoctrinated", not from the schools like my good buddy, but rather by my own research.

That's why I occasionally challenge evolutionists to come up with a Ph.D creationist physical scientist (not a theologian or philosopher) who became an evolutionist and I will come up with a hundred Ph.D evolutionists who became creationist from the field research and laboratory work.

Counting your marbles again.

You and these "experts" are equating faith with science, and some are making money off ignorance born of blind faith, then the faithful take what they dream up as the "proof" you so desperately want.

There's no talking to anyone so steeped in their dogma. Believe what you wish. It doesn't really make one iota of difference, save for the minds wasted that could have become pioneers of science, had they not been brought up to think only inside the book.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Evolution is simply an ongoing process, and an extremely well documented one at that. No conflicts what so ever with all the varied versions of spontaneous creation.

Actually there are conflicts. The Biblical Account of creation uses the work "kind". Fish after their kind, the creeping thing after its kind. Kind means separate and distinct.

Darwinian Evolution cannot account for the evolution of different kinds. I can only account for mutations within the same kind. A bird may develop a larger beak. However, it is still a bird...not a dog...which would be a different kind.

Stack those small changes over millions of generations, and the accumulation of those small changes becomes vast.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Dude,

Chill bro,

Don't take stuff so personally.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Dude,

You are praising a teacher for her disbelief in evolution, and her replacement of science with religion. That pretty much supports 10mm position.

I was speaking to his comment about judging me and whether I nurture children's critical thinking skills. Could give a schitt less who thinks what about evolution.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. That's how I want to raise kids. Just believe...because.

Incidentally, every evolutionist apologetic argument ultimately reduces down to a Circular Argument from Ignorant prejudice.

Or...as I like to call it...IDKQEDGOD! grin

That is why you can never change a 'believer's' mind with factual data. It's also called confirmation bias...

First you believe...than you interpret... blush

It's a result of world view. It's what we use to interpret facts.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari

You and these "experts" are equating faith with science, and some are making money off ignorance born of blind faith, then the faithful take what they dream up as the "proof" you so desperately want.

There's no talking to anyone so steeped in their dogma. Believe what you wish. It doesn't really make one iota of difference, save for the minds wasted that could have become pioneers of science, had they not been brought up to think only inside the book.

Exactly, like this Ph.D Biochemist who says Darwin was FOS. SOOOOO dogmatic. Behe is NOT a creationist, he's a Roman Catholic. The Church of Rome has no dog in the creationist fight.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Dude,

I was speaking to his comment about judging me and whether I nurture children's critical thinking skills. Could give a schitt less who thinks what about evolution.

When I said "you" I didn't mean you specifically. I was referring to anyone that would place religiously held beliefs over science and reason.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Exactly, like this Ph.D Biochemist who says Darwin was FOS. SOOOOO dogmatic. Behe is NOT a creationist, he's a Roman Catholic. The Church of Rome has no dog in the creationist fight.

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Incidentally, every evolutionist apologetic argument ultimately reduces down to a Circular Argument from Ignorant prejudice.

That is why you can never change a 'believer's' mind with factual data. It's also called confirmation bias...

We have the fossils, and the DNA.

You loose.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sniper you are FOS, there are no "transitional forms". They don't exist, and the paleontologists know it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ringman---How old do you believe the earth is?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Ringman---How old do you believe the earth is?

How old do YOU think it is?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Stack those small changes over millions of generations, and the accumulation of those small changes becomes vast.

Speculation...not conclusive. Darwinian Evolution depends solely on time and chance. Which excludes if from scientific fact...it does not meet the scientific method. I cannot be observed, nor can it be replicated by another scientific experiment using the same protocol.

Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 02/12/16.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Sniper you are FOS, there are no "transitional forms". They don't exist, and the paleontologists know it.

TAK can change his name, but he's still as stupid as ever:

The following are fossil transitions between species and genera:

Human ancestry. There are many fossils of human ancestors, and the differences between species are so gradual that it is not always clear where to draw the lines between them.

The horns of titanotheres (extinct Cenozoic mammals) appear in progressively larger sizes, from nothing to prominence. Other head and neck features also evolved. These features are adaptations for head-on ramming analogous to sheep behavior (Stanley 1974).

A gradual transitional fossil sequence connects the foraminifera Globigerinoides trilobus and Orbulina universa (Pearson et al. 1997). O. universa, the later fossil, features a spherical test surrounding a "Globigerinoides-like" shell, showing that a feature was added, not lost. The evidence is seen in all major tropical ocean basins. Several intermediate morphospecies connect the two species, as may be seen in the figure included in Lindsay (1997).

The fossil record shows transitions between species of Phacops (a trilobite; Phacops rana is the Pennsylvania state fossil; Eldredge 1972; 1974; Strapple 1978).

Planktonic forminifera (Malmgren et al. 1984). This is an example of punctuated gradualism. A ten-million-year foraminifera fossil record shows long periods of stasis and other periods of relatively rapid but still gradual morphologic change.

Fossils of the diatom Rhizosolenia are very common (they are mined as diatomaceous earth), and they show a continuous record of almost two million years which includes a record of a speciation event (Miller 1999, 44-45).

Lake Turkana mollusc species (Lewin 1981).

Cenozoic marine ostracodes (Cronin 1985).

The Eocene primate genus Cantius (Gingerich 1976, 1980, 1983).

Scallops of the genus Chesapecten show gradual change in one "ear" of their hinge over about 13 million years. The ribs also change (Pojeta and Springer 2001; Ward and Blackwelder 1975).

Gryphaea (coiled oysters) become larger and broader but thinner and flatter during the Early Jurassic (Hallam 1968).

The following are fossil transitionals between families, orders, and classes:

Human ancestry. Australopithecus, though its leg and pelvis bones show it walked upright, had a bony ridge on the forearm, probably vestigial, indicative of knuckle walking (Richmond and Strait 2000).

Dinosaur-bird transitions.

Haasiophis terrasanctus is a primitive marine snake with well-developed hind limbs. Although other limbless snakes might be more ancestral, this fossil shows a relationship of snakes with limbed ancestors (Tchernov et al. 2000). Pachyrhachis is another snake with legs that is related to Haasiophis (Caldwell and Lee 1997).

The jaws of mososaurs are also intermediate between snakes and lizards. Like the snake's stretchable jaws, they have highly flexible lower jaws, but unlike snakes, they do not have highly flexible upper jaws. Some other skull features of mososaurs are intermediate between snakes and primitive lizards (Caldwell and Lee 1997; Lee et al. 1999; Tchernov et al. 2000).

Transitions between mesonychids and whales.

Transitions between fish and tetrapods.

Transitions from condylarths (a kind of land mammal) to fully aquatic modern manatees. In particular, Pezosiren portelli is clearly a sirenian, but its hind limbs and pelvis are unreduced (Domning 2001a, 2001b).

Runcaria, a Middle Devonian plant, was a precursor to seed plants. It had all the qualities of seeds except a solid seed coat and a system to guide pollen to the seed (Gerrienne et al. 2004).

A bee, Melittosphex burmensis, from Early Cretaceous amber, has primitive characteristics expected from a transition between crabronid wasps and extant bees (Poinar and Danforth 2006).

The following are fossil transitionals between kingdoms and phyla:

The Cambrian fossils Halkiera and Wiwaxia have features that connect them with each other and with the modern phyla of Mollusca, Brachiopoda, and Annelida. In particular, one species of halkieriid has brachiopod-like shells on the dorsal side at each end. This is seen also in an immature stage of the living brachiopod species Neocrania. It has setae identical in structure to polychaetes, a group of annelids. Wiwaxia and Halkiera have the same basic arrangement of hollow sclerites, an arrangement that is similar to the chaetae arrangement of polychaetes. The undersurface of Wiwaxia has a soft sole like a mollusk's foot, and its jaw looks like a mollusk's mouth. Aplacophorans, which are a group of primitive mollusks, have a soft body covered with spicules similar to the sclerites of Wiwaxia (Conway Morris 1998, 185-195).

Cambrian and Precambrain fossils Anomalocaris and Opabinia are transitional between arthropods and lobopods.

An ancestral echinoderm has been found that is intermediate between modern echinoderms and other deuterostomes (Shu et al. 2004).

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

We have the fossils, and the DNA.

You loose.

Neither prove Darwinian Evaluation.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Darwinian Evolution cannot account for the evolution of different kinds.

Actually they can, or so they think. Stephan Jay Gould's Punctuated Equilibria BS (referred to by fellow evolutionists as the "hopeful monster" theory) postulated that, since Darwin's suppositious "transitional forms" have never turned up, they never existed in the first place.

He went even further into left field and and concocted the theory that dinosaurs literally gave birth to birds, and somewhere else another dinosaur gave birth to another bird, and somehow the two birds found each other......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Again...

It's not that the world is only 6000 years old, it's that the world has only been round for 6000 years. Before that it was flat.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (11point, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,046 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,582
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.