Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LMAO

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yeah, the lifer politicians have done so well......

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You gotta love the national review talking about economic ignorance.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Free trade!!! Free trade!!! Now we get to buy sneakers for half-price from China, while giving the savings right back (in the form of higher taxes and insurance premiums) to the American folks who USED to have jobs making sneakers (in the form of EBT benefits/housing allowances/Medicaid).

Plus, it gets better!! The Americans who USED to have jobs lose their "work ethic", and pass this laziness on to their children.

So... Not only am I not really saving that much on cheap crap from China (because I'm now having to pay unemployed Americans to NOT work), I'm also screwing up the work ethic of this country to boot. Oh!! AND I get to help STRENGTHEN the economy of countries that hate us,too!! (China, Pakistan, Vietnam,etc.).

Yep!!! Free trade is great!!! Don't you all feel we're economically stronger than we were in the 50's and 60's????

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Hey!! How much more free trade and illegal immigration do you think it will take before California becomes a complete utopia??? I can't tell that we're getting any closer, here in Texas......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Free trade!!! Free trade!!! Now we get to buy sneakers for half-price from China, while giving the savings right back (in the form of higher taxes and insurance premiums) to the American folks who USED to have jobs making sneakers (in the form of EBT benefits/housing allowances/Medicaid).

Plus, it gets better!! The Americans who USED to have jobs lose their "work ethic", and pass this laziness on to their children.

So... Not only am I not really saving that much on cheap crap from China (because I'm now having to pay unemployed Americans to NOT work), I'm also screwing up the work ethic of this country to boot. Oh!! AND I get to help STRENGTHEN the economy of countries that hate us,too!! (China, Pakistan, Vietnam,etc.).

Yep!!! Free trade is great!!! Don't you all feel we're economically stringer than we were in the 50's and 60's????

and China, with that surplus cash isn't buying American goods and services on the balance, they are buying US Bonds where we get to pay them interest using money from our multi trillion dollar deficit. So happy instead of building bridges and schools, we're giving money to China to keep selling us cheap crap.

Yay America!

Last edited by KFWA; 04/28/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Our presidential candidates in 2016 should remember that Adam Smith’s key insight was that individuals working in their own interests are led by “an invisible hand to serve public interest” and benefit the broader society. In particular, Republicans should be reminded of the domestic economic benefits of free trade, particularly those that would come from prospective trade agreements with European and Asian nations.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ald-trump-economic-populism-free-markets

Adam Smith is rolling in his grave with the trade deals we have signed in the last 40 years .

one sided trade agreements, wow are you a dumb stupid [bleep].

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by KFWA

Yep!!! Free trade is great!!! Don't you all feel we're economically stringer than we were in the 50's and 60's????

and China, with that surplus cash isn't buying American goods and services on the balance, they are buying US Bonds where we get to pay them interest.

Yay America!

And don't forget bombs. And guns. And planes. Yep. We've turned China into a military superpower in 20 years. Funded by the sale of cheap sneakers, cheap clothes, and the theft of American jobs...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Don't forget the theft of American technologies..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Change the name of this thread to: "The Economic Ignorance of Robbie J.". That, along with other presumptive ignorances he holds dear.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They aren't any more ignorant of economics than everyone in our congress and administration. Only total idiots would let us get in the mess we're in now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
WOW that could have been written by Melton Friedman.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So National Review is stumping for China these days. I don't care how much money such an agreement would bring in, NONE of it is what our economy needs. That will line the pockets of billionaires, and do NOTHING for the overall economy.

When are people going to realize that the economy isn't driven by billionaires, it's driven by middle class spending. And you cant get the middle class spending until they have more disposable money to spend. How freaking hard is this to understand.

In the '50's and '60's when middle class wages were high, the economy was the best in the world. Then we spend 40 years driving down middle class wages, and suddenly we can't figure out why our economy sucks.

Both parties are stumping for billionaires; they don't give a rats-azz about the US economy.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
With all of the stupid chit Jordan comes up with, I have to wonder if he got his law degree rom a cracker jack box

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GunGeek

In the '50's and '60's when middle class wages were high, the economy was the best in the world. Then we spend 40 years driving down middle class wages, and suddenly we can't figure out why our economy sucks.

Bite your tongue, trickle down economics works!grin

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Odds are you have more things within reach made in China than anywhere else as you read this. And you're likely have those things in part because it enables you to have more things.

American Lifestyle 101

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yep!!! Free trade is great!!! Don't you all feel we're economically stronger than we were in the 50's and 60's????

This along with your comment about turning them into a military super power in last 20 years are about the best summation of the situation I've read. We're screwed.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

This along with your comment about turning them into a military super power in last 20 years are about the best summation of the situation I've read. We're screwed.

Appreciate it. SACharlie felt the need to take another shot at "trickle down economics". Frankly, I think trickle down can work. You have a strong upper class. You have a strong upper middle class. They buy lots of stuff, and that translates to lots of good paying middle-class manufacturing jobs.

The issue is that, with the free trade policies introduced in the 90's, those manufacturing jobs went overseas, and the money, too.

It used to be that folks who didn't have the inclination/IQ/money to go to college could still get a good middle class job in manufacturing. Free trade killed those jobs. There's still plenty of high-skilled trade jobs (plumbing/electrical/machinist), but everyone is now told "get a college education". You can't have an entire nation of paper shufflers.

Free trade has killed the lower middle class in this country. There are no jobs for them. The only way to "trickle down" the wealth, is to hand them a welfare check for doing nothing. Sad....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

Appreciate it. SACharlie felt the need to take another shot at "trickle down economics". Frankly, I think trickle down can work. You have a strong upper class. You have a strong upper middle class. They buy lots of stuff, and that translates to lots of good paying middle-class manufacturing jobs.

The issue is that, with the free trade policies introduced in the 90's, those manufacturing jobs went overseas, and the money, too.

It used to be that folks who didn't have the inclination/IQ/money to go to college could still get a good middle class job in manufacturing. Free trade killed those jobs. There's still plenty of high-skilled trade jobs (plumbing/electrical/machinist), but everyone is now told "get a college education". You can't have an entire nation of paper shufflers.

Free trade has killed the lower middle class in this country. There are no jobs for them. The only way to "trickle down" the wealth, is to hand them a welfare check for doing nothing. Sad....

You're spot on. I remember how Ross Perot and Pat Buchanan were turned into punchlines by the free trade crowd back when NAFTA was being debated yet everything they warned about has come to pass. It has destroyed countless jobs, lives, towns. Very sad, indeed and didn't have to happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 9 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.