Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11150828 04/28/16
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"The National Rifle Association and other gun groups do not necessarily oppose the technology itself, but are concerned about any new mandates from the government requiring it."

This is part of the reason I cancelled my membership. I put the money in the Safari club and Gun Owners of America.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You might want to reference the technology you're talking about for the benefit of the rest of us.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
"The National Rifle Association and other gun groups do not necessarily oppose the technology itself, but are concerned about any new mandates from the government requiring it."

This is part of the reason I cancelled my membership. I put the money in the Safari club and Gun Owners of America.

You're not very smart, and it shows again.

Opposing technology is just stupid; it shows a Luddite sensibility and leaves the position open to attack from any angle by anyone with a brain.

Attacking the technology developed as inappropriate, unsafe, unwise, etc., is the smart play.

That you can't possibly grasp that reality ought to be no surprise to anyone here.

Also, if you're going to support a 2A organization other than the NRA, the Second Amendment Foundation is the intelligent choice (they are the ones winning cases like Heller and McDonald), though you clearly don't understand that either.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/28/16.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You might want to reference the technology you're talking about for the benefit of the rest of us.

Smart guns

Everyday Hunter
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A bit off-topic but, why would one give a life-time membership to an organization?

Your influence on their future behavior is compromised.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

add #11150955 04/28/16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
A bit off-topic but, why would one give a life-time membership to an organization?

Your influence on their future behavior is compromised.

I agree, that's why Ive always paid annual dues.
By now the amount of money I've provided the NRA makes a life member look like a freeloader. laugh

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
add #11150961 04/28/16
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
add,
"why would one give a life-time membership to an organization?"

Simple: I can vote in the election of their Board of Directors, and at the time I did it, it was cheaper than annual renewals for membership and their magazines.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I paid $50.00 for mine!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Smart guns

I can understand now why you are upset.

The literal definition certainly excludes you.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
"The NRA doesn’t oppose the development of “smart” guns, nor the ability of Americans to voluntarily acquire them. However, NRA opposes any law prohibiting Americans from acquiring or possessing firearms that don’t possess “smart” gun technology."

And the problem is?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Here was the latest article I posted a dew days ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-tech-despite-concerns.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Here is the NRA/ILA response posted last Jan. when Obama mentioned it.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160108/obama-issues-executive-actions-on-guns

I take the NRA position to be if "smart gun" technology is perfected, let the marketplace dictate who wants it and who doesn't. Its not for the government to
dictate - like they have done with healthcare.

The bottom line is the sooner we get "O" out of office the better. Although his "D" replacement will be just as onerous. So will the SCOTUS appointees Rodham will make. They will eventually repeal the 2A.

The quote by the OP, is in my opinion taken out of context by FoxNews.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 04/28/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
"The NRA doesn’t oppose the development of “smart” guns, nor the ability of Americans to voluntarily acquire them. However, NRA opposes any law prohibiting Americans from acquiring or possessing firearms that don’t possess “smart” gun technology."

And the problem is?

Ringman is an Idiot.

nuff said.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

YOu sound like the type that won't vote if your perfect candidate doesn't get the nod either.

I cannot understand why folks are so blind...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead

And the problem is?

This is precisely correct. What's the issue? If someone wants to develop a smart gun, and people want to buy it or not buy it, who cares. If the fed or states want to mandate it, that's another issue.
Patron NRA member and proud of it. And I have bought life memberships for some friends.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The only problem with this is NO one, not NRA or other with much less membership numbers, will stop this next round of crap if we don't figure out how to come together and vote R into office instead of D....NONE of it will matter.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Give em all the guns, bullets first.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
The only problem with this is NO one, not NRA or other with much less membership numbers, will stop this next round of crap if we don't figure out how to come together and vote R into office instead of D....NONE of it will matter.

+1. Vote against Hellery, regardless of other considerations.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
rost495,

YOu sound like the type that won't vote if your perfect candidate doesn't get the nod either.

For several elections I have voted against a Democrat instead of for the Republican. I am tired of people in positions of power NOT doing what we expect them to do. The NRA supported Harry Reed. That is NOT supporting us people.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rost495,

For several elections I have voted against a Democrat instead of for the Republican. I am tired of people in positions of power NOT doing what we expect them to do. The NRA supported Harry Reed. That is NOT supporting us people.

Completely different issue than the one you started ranting about. It's clear you're trying to bail yourself out after looking like the complete dumb ass that you are, but that throwback attempt ain't gonna work.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Yeah, The SCI, that's a rich one for sure. Ever heard of OoA, Ringman? The Dallas safari Club is a different matter and is very deserving by my reckoning.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,387
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.